Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:58 am Louisville will explode later today or tomorrow after the Breonna Taylor inquest grand jury releases its findings. Doesn't matter to Antifa/BLM/Dems what the result is, they'll riot anyway.

Will be chaos 3rd world style if the cops are let off scot free.

That will help Trump by about 1,000,000 votes nationally when the Dems burn down Louisville.

Truth.jpg
Have evah taken the Oath....to defend IT?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:04 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm 27% of officers say they’ve ever fired their guns on the job, according to another survey conducted by the National Police Research Platform.

Breaking down the numbers, 30 percent of male officers said they’ve discharged their weapon on duty, aside from training or time at a gun range — compared to 11 percent of female officers. Along racial lines, 31 percent of white officers have fired their gun, compared to 21 percent of nonwhites. And those who’ve served in the military are more likely to use their gun in the line of duty — 32 percent of veterans have done so compared to 26 percent of non-veterans.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-on-duty/
hmmm, tough not to see what's happening there...
Does that study take into account where the officers patrol? If you patrol in a high crime area statistically you will have an increased risk at having to fire your weapon. If your patrolling in the burbs or in a more rural community I would think the probability decreases considerably. I don't know that for certain.
That certainly makes sense, but would your hypothesis be that non-white male police are more frequently patrolling suburban or rural areas, whereas white male officers are more frequently patrolling high crime areas???

What would the theory be there?

Or are you instead suggesting that the disparity between white and non-whites may be even greater if we controlled for incidence of violent crime in the areas patrolled? Could be...
My theory only involves where any officer patrols. I don't look at it by race or gender.
yup, and that would indeed make sense...we'd expect higher firing of weapon if the incidence of violent crime is higher.

But the point of the study in question was the disparity by race, gender, and prior military background. If this disparity indeed exists as demonstrated in these statistics, we'd expect such disparity to be found regardless of whether in a seer or more dangerous area...unless there's a difference by race, gender, military background in where officers are deployed.

I don't see a likelihood that non-white officers are more often deployed to more safe areas than white officers, do you?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:29 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm 27% of officers say they’ve ever fired their guns on the job, according to another survey conducted by the National Police Research Platform.

Breaking down the numbers, 30 percent of male officers said they’ve discharged their weapon on duty, aside from training or time at a gun range — compared to 11 percent of female officers. Along racial lines, 31 percent of white officers have fired their gun, compared to 21 percent of nonwhites. And those who’ve served in the military are more likely to use their gun in the line of duty — 32 percent of veterans have done so compared to 26 percent of non-veterans.

Does that study take into account where the officers patrol? If you patrol in a high crime area statistically you will have an increased risk at having to fire your weapon. If your patrolling in the burbs or in a more rural community I would think the probability decreases considerably. I don't know that for certain.
That certainly makes sense, but would your hypothesis be that non-white male police are more frequently patrolling suburban or rural areas, whereas white male officers are more frequently patrolling high crime areas???

Or are you instead suggesting that the disparity between white and non-whites may be even greater if we controlled for incidence of violent crime in the areas patrolled? Could be...
My theory only involves where any officer patrols. I don't look at it by race or gender.
yup, and that would indeed make sense...we'd expect higher firing of weapon if the incidence of violent crime is higher.

But the point of the study in question was the disparity by race, gender, and prior military background. If this disparity indeed exists as demonstrated in these statistics, we'd expect such disparity to be found regardless of whether in a seer or more dangerous area...unless there's a difference by race, gender, military background in where officers are deployed.

I don't see a likelihood that non-white officers are more often deployed to more safe areas than white officers, do you?
No I believe you should serve in the PD you apply for regardless of location. I can say that the PD In my town is almost 100 percent white. I know the # of officers almost always are prior military. Many of them having been MPs. I don't believe having military experience automatically predominates you to an increased use of lethal force. Where you patrol usually decides that. In my town I can't remember in 10 years one of our officers discharging their weapon in our town. I don't base that on scientific research only personal observations.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:50 am

No I believe you should serve in the PD you apply for regardless of location. I can say that the PD In my town is almost 100 percent white. I know the # of officers almost always are prior military. Many of them having been MPs. I don't believe having military experience automatically predominates you to an increased use of lethal force. Where you patrol usually decides that. In my town I can't remember in 10 years one of our officers discharging their weapon in our town. I don't base that on scientific research only personal observations.
Thanks. You live in a pretty darn safe town.
Safe for the police too.

I can understand why it's at least possible that a military background leading into a police officer job might predispose likelihood of firing a weapon, but I could also imagine coincident factors that explain this data differential.

But this thread has to do with race and the experience of communities of color with police abuse factors that have led to the protests, and to destructive responses as well whether directly in fury or by opportunism.

And the data seems pretty darn striking that factors of race...and possibly male and military...are influencing the rate at which officers discharge their weapons.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks. You live in a pretty darn safe town.
Safe for the police too.

I can understand why it's at least possible that a military background leading into a police officer job might predispose likelihood of firing a weapon, but I could also imagine coincident factors that explain this data differential.

But this thread has to do with race and the experience of communities of color with police abuse factors that have led to the protests, and to destructive responses as well whether directly in fury or by opportunism.

And the data seems pretty darn striking that factors of race...and possibly male and military...are influencing the rate at which officers discharge their weapons.
It doesn’t surprise me at all that a guy that leaves the military, joins the police.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:28 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 am Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle) Tweeted:
THERE IS NOT A LIMITED POOL OF BLACK TALENT TO RECRUIT FROM.
Just like there is no correlation btw playing college lacrosse & having a knack for bond trading, yet trading floors have been packed with lax dudes for years.
IT’S CALLED A CLOSED NETWORK.
Time to crack it open... 👇 https://twitter.com/SRuhle/status/13085 ... 72449?s=20
Ouch. First Dr. Pepper Fanville ads attack us, and now this.
Yes, but it is not like there is no truth to the position. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Because Democrats can't hold their hysterical emotions in check, this is the current view of the Louisville courthouse where the announcement on the Breonna Taylor police grand jury news will be announced shortly. Literally no different than Somalia.

Libs.jpg
Libs.jpg (41.55 KiB) Viewed 691 times

Remind me again which party is unstable and full of lunatics?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Please join us for a panel discussion on The Black Experience of Racism: Lessons Learned from the World of Sports. The event will feature professionals in the sports media industry who will share their perspectives on athlete activism, the current sports climate, and the lived experience of Black athletes and journalists. The panelists will also address the application of lessons learned from their industry to the world beyond sports. Register below to join the discussion

Friday, October 2, 2020
3:00 pm – 4:15 pm EDT

https://goodwinlaw.zoom.us/webinar/regi ... aMuBU4UIWA

Speakers
Kimberley A. Martin, Veteran NFL Reporter for ESPN, Former Writer for Yahoo Sports and Washington Post
Jermaine Wiggins, Former NFL Tight End, Superbowl XXXVI Champion with the New England Patriots, WEEI Boston Sports Radio Host
Christopher L. Gasper Award-winning Sports Reporter and Sports Columnist at Boston WCVB-TV
A. Sherrod Blakely, Veteran NBA Reporter, Boston Celtics Insider for NBC Sports Boston, Boston Celtics Insider
Jason Bramble, Panel Moderator, Multimedia Manager at Goodwin, Emmy Award Winning Multimedia Journalist and Content Creator
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Louisville grand jury in.

Only one officer charged for a minor crime (wanton reckless endangerment). Bond of $15,000, which basically means no bond. All other officers cleared.

Louisville will burn this evening.

You can thank your local Democratic politicians for any loss of property or life this evening.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm Louisville grand jury in.

Only one officer charged for a minor crime (wanton reckless endangerment). Bond of $15,000, which basically means no bond. All other officers cleared.

You can thank your local Democratic politicians for any loss of property or life this evening.
We will see. Follow on Twitter, as you wont see it reported anywhere else.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm Please join us for a panel discussion on The Black Experience of Racism: Lessons Learned from the World of Sports. The event will feature professionals in the sports media industry who will share their perspectives on athlete activism, the current sports climate, and the lived experience of Black athletes and journalists. The panelists will also address the application of lessons learned from their industry to the world beyond sports. Register below to join the discussion

Friday, October 2, 2020

Speakers
Kimberley A. Martin, Veteran NFL Reporter for ESPN, Former Writer for Yahoo Sports and Washington Post
Jermaine Wiggins, Former NFL Tight End, Superbowl XXXVI Champion with the New England Patriots, WEEI Boston Sports Radio Host
Christopher L. Gasper Award-winning Sports Reporter and Sports Columnist at Boston WCVB-TV
A. Sherrod Blakely, Veteran NBA Reporter, Boston Celtics Insider for NBC Sports Boston, Boston Celtics Insider
Jason Bramble, Panel Moderator, Multimedia Manager at Goodwin, Emmy Award Winning Multimedia Journalist and Content Creator
Good for them for talking about the issue. Interestingly, there's not a lot of diversity at Godwin:

https://www.goodwinlaw.com/search?searc ... erFilters=
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm Louisville grand jury in.

We will see. Follow on Twitter, as you wont see it reported anywhere else.

Depends how violent it gets. All of Louisville is boarded up rn. Al Sharpton and all of the other usual suspects on Twitter are complaining to get the riots going, so they can be called in and get paid by the mayor to settle things down. Same as it ever was.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

One officer has been indicted on three counts of wanton endangerment...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm One officer has been indicted on three counts of wanton endangerment...

Grand jury charged a single officer, Brett Hankison, with 3 counts of 1st-degree wanton endangerment (a Class D felony). The other two got off.

Other Class D felonies include drug possession & unauthorized use of a credit card totaling $500-$1,000.

Louisville will riot.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:31 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm Please join us for a panel discussion on The Black Experience of Racism: Lessons Learned from the World of Sports. The event will feature professionals in the sports media industry who will share their perspectives on athlete activism, the current sports climate, and the lived experience of Black athletes and journalists. The panelists will also address the application of lessons learned from their industry to the world beyond sports. Register below to join the discussion

Friday, October 2, 2020

Speakers
Good for them for talking about the issue. Interestingly, there's not a lot of diversity at Godwin:

https://www.goodwinlaw.com/search?searc ... erFilters=
You went through all 1400+ bios?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Just the first 10 pages.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Rittenhouse lawyers share much more footage and their side of the story from Kenosha:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-tu ... uJA9_56KZE

With the waty this was reported, this may be a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse or Covington Catholic situation by the time it's all over.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm Just the first 10 pages.
I looked at 10 pages and thought it was a good effort. That might be sad.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 pm Rittenhouse lawyers share much more footage and their side of the story from Kenosha:

With the waty this was reported, this may be a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse or Covington Catholic situation by the time it's all over.

It is.

And the same yo-yo's who wanted the Duke 3 guilty and an entire UVA fraternity guilty, want Kyle to be guilty.

But of course he isn't.

This video is very good, but honestly, the original raw videos showed the same; this edited version simply helps those who want Kyle to be guilty to have to actually think about his guilt rather than simply desire it.

(on the ground in Louisville, the rioters had U-Haul trucks just pull up and disperse shields, signs, and skateboards, among other things...videos are out already...)
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 pm Rittenhouse lawyers share much more footage and their side of the story from Kenosha:

A dirty DA didn’t help in the Duke case.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”