Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 am See, I believe we have lousy cops. I have said for years that some are not better than the people they arrest, but are on the right side of the badge.

The “problem” are the unions who protect the bad ones, just the way the unions protect the bad teachers.

Take away the “safety net” of the unions and you’ll have people think twice if they are personally responsible for killing someone and representing themselves before charges.

But I do think the vast majority of cops and teachers are good, in it for the right reasons, and doing what is best.
+1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Re: Trump is using Nixon’s old racist campaign strategy

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 am Trump is using Nixon’s old racist law and order playbook, and too many of his supporters on this forum are falling for it.

One could argue that Trump’s law and order mantra has its roots in Richard Nixon’s success with it in the 1968 presidential campaign. As Time magazine reported at the time, to some it was “a shorthand message promising repression of the black community”— and to that community, it was “a bleak warning that worse times may be coming.”

This sentiment, if not the phrase itself, has been part of presidential politics ever since. George Bush used it in 1988 with his Willie Horton campaign ad. Bill Clinton’s 1994 crime bill was an effort to demonstrate that Democrats could be tough on crime. George W. Bush ran his campaign for governor of Texas using a Willie Horton-style ad, promising to be tough on crime and asserting that his opponent, Ann Richards, was soft on it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/opin ... e=Homepage

Please stop advocating for the repression of the African American community on this forum.

“Unseemly” is far too genteel a word to describe the racist pro-Trump messaging seen on this forum.

DocBarrister :?
Whats unseemly is your assurance that there's a racist behind every rock.

Whats unseemly is how democrats stir up their base in election years by screaming racism then jamming those black voters back into a box to use next election.

Nobody believes it anymore. Not even the blacks you've manipulated for 6 decades.

+1
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Democrats have blithely excused the rioting and looting with this simple response: 'they have insurance' (that assumes everyone has insurance and quality insurance at that, but not my point, below...).

Dozens of owners whose Twin Cities properties were severely damaged in the May riots have been stunned to discover that the money they would collect from their insurance company for demolition won’t come close to the actual costs of doing the job.

https://www.startribune.com/skyrocketin ... 572269302/

One of the most common defenses of rioting holds that property can be easily replaced and insurance takes care of it. Most of us know this argument is nonsense, but in case you didn't...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Prescient....

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Cooter wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 pm
If people get hungry and thirsty, they might decide to go home. :idea:

Yeah, I suppose people could have told that to the rebel Jesus and his merrymen. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:54 am
Cooter wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 pm
If people get hungry and thirsty, they might decide to go home. :idea:
Yeah, I suppose people could have told that to the rebel Jesus and his merrymen. :lol:
The difference was that Jesus was providing for those suffering of hunger and thirst, not mental illness.
~Livy

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:21 am
The difference was that Jesus was providing for those suffering of hunger and thirst, not mental illness.

Right wingism is delusionalism.

By contrast, Jesus was a Jewish liberal:

:)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:34 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:21 am

Right wingism is delusionalism.

By contrast, Jesus was a Jewish liberal:

:)

No wonder he's never answered my prayers!

:lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:36 am
Jesus was a Jewish liberal:

The Lord heareth not the prayers of the wicked but answers the call of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 am

The Lord heareth not the prayers of the wicked but answers the call of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29

I shall never give up!

A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing. The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention, but the drunk continues to sit there. Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall. The drunk mumbles, "Ain't no use knockin'! There's no paper on this side either!"
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 am See, I believe we have lousy cops. I have said for years that some are not better than the people they arrest, but are on the right side of the badge.

The “problem” are the unions who protect the bad ones, just the way the unions protect the bad teachers.

Take away the “safety net” of the unions and you’ll have people think twice if they are personally responsible for killing someone and representing themselves before charges.

But I do think the vast majority of cops and teachers are good, in it for the right reasons, and doing what is best.
+1
That's what we did in Colorado...with the help of BLM and police organizations, btw. Police are financially responsible for their own actions now. But that's only one piece.

What about Training? Trump could have fixed that part. He would have called for Federal police training standards...and if they're not met? Withhold federal funding. Instead of a few weeks of training? Move it to years. Weed out the bad apples. More psych evaluations. More stress testing. More of everything.

Imagine if we actually worked to fix the problem?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Liberals don't believe in Jesus

And the hate jews.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:00 pm

+1
That's what we did in Colorado...with the help of BLM and police organizations, btw. Police are financially responsible for their own actions now. But that's only one piece.

What about Training? Trump could have fixed that part. He would have called for Federal police training standards...and if they're not met? Withhold federal funding. Instead of a few weeks of training? Move it to years. Weed out the bad apples. More psych evaluations. More stress testing. More of everything.

What about his right to free speech?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Liberals don't believe in Jesus

And they hate jews.

Indeed.

But for sure why we know Jesus wasn't a lib is he'd never approve of abortions; abortions til the day of birth would make him vote for Trump.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

+1

On 16-June-2020 his EO acknowledges the training issue and provides for support via the AG. It is certainly a start.

Executive Order on Safe Policing for Safe Communities

The Attorney General’s standards for certification shall require independent credentialing bodies to, at a minimum, confirm that:

(ii) the State or local law enforcement agency’s use-of-force policies prohibit the use of chokeholds — a physical maneuver that restricts an individual’s ability to breathe for the purposes of incapacitation — except in those situations where the use of deadly force is allowed by law.
~Livy

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

opression.jpg
opression.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:03 pmopression.jpg

Capitalism works in such wonderfully predictably ways:

https://deadspin.com/nba-ratings-nosedi ... 1844718626

When the NBA booted up again — commendably COVID-free — interest quickly waned. Viewership for ABC’s flagship basketball broadcast declined by nearly a third, from 1.6 million when the league returned to 1.1 million just a week later.

Sports and lib politics don't mix. These athletes, sponsors, advertisers, and leagues are going to learn hard lessons in supply and demand.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 pm

+1

On 16-June-2020 his EO acknowledges the training issue and provides for support via the AG. It is certainly a start.

Executive Order on Safe Policing for Safe Communities

The Attorney General’s standards for certification shall require independent credentialing bodies to, at a minimum, confirm that:

(ii) the State or local law enforcement agency’s use-of-force policies prohibit the use of chokeholds — a physical maneuver that restricts an individual’s ability to breathe for the purposes of incapacitation — except in those situations where the use of deadly force is allowed by law.
That's one tiny aspect---I'm guessing you know that. I was talking about sweeping changes like: 2-3 years minimum training before hitting the streets. Weed out the bad apples that everyone keeps talking about, and fix the systemic problems.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm Sports and lib politics don't mix. These athletes, sponsors, advertisers, and leagues are going to learn hard lessons in supply and demand.
Right. Because THAT"s why viewership waned. No other possible reasons.

How's NASCAR doing, Pete?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:03 pmopression.jpg
:lol: That's great. So because Chinese workers aren't paid as much as Americans "therefore" Kaepernick can't talk about problems in America?

So you use a computer to access this forum...components in that computer, and all that networking, software, etc.

Does this mean you aren't allowed to complain about anything that happens in America either, until the woman in that photo gets paid more? Or does this "logic" only apply to Kapernick, and not you?

Sure is an awful lot of work to avoid simply, I don't know, actually working together to fix obvious problems in America....don't you think?

Return to “POLITICS”