All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 pm "Wrong" is right...I said it then on LP, and now. Anyone who had been anywhere near Ebola outbreaks, quarantine them in Africa. Do not bring them home for quarantine, as was done. Stupid on steroids...
Right. And Covid19 is just a big ball of fun.

So where's this perspicacity when it comes to Trump's failures with Covid, Tech? You're going to follow this and say that Trump should have sealed the border immediately, right?

That's the entire point here. Criticism on Obama flowed like a river for you and the usual suspects. AWOL the minute Trump arrived.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:08 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm]If the conflict traumatized you so, I'd think you could recall some specifics.
It was simple: Obama was "doing it wrong".
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm In light of our covid experience, what was unreasonable about Sen Cruz calling for travel restrictions from countries where ebola was not contained ? .
No more unreasonable than any of the calls for Trump to do more to combat the virus. Get the point yet?
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm Toddlers don't reference the science. You big foot my posts to others all the time. How do you like it.
I like it just fine, and you're welcome to do it any time you like.

The part that I don't like, and that is beneath you, is calling me a crybaby----especially so, when you're the one doing the whining.
"Wrong" is right...I said it then on LP, and now. Anyone who had been anywhere near Ebola outbreaks, quarantine them in Africa. Do not bring them home for quarantine, as was done. Stupid on steroids...
The virus will disappear.....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

8.3 milluon people were infected the last 3 weeks of march..
ask penn state.

obama and co had zero idea what they were doing with the swine flu. and got lucky..

anyone that thinks our federal govt is in a position to save us from a pandemic is living in a fantasy world. hopefully we are lucky and get out of this.
old salt

Post by old salt »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm MD’s state positivity rate lowers by almost a percentage point in a week. From 3.95 to 3.05.
Nice work, MD!
AACo down to 2.64
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 pm 8.3 milluon people were infected the last 3 weeks of march..
ask penn state.

obama and co had zero idea what they were doing with the swine flu. and got lucky..

anyone that thinks our federal govt is in a position to save us from a pandemic is living in a fantasy world. hopefully we are lucky and get out of this.
How is it working out for our EU peers and their 530 million people? We could have done better.....calling it a hoax wasn’t helpful....liberate your state wasn’t helpful.....a bar is essential wasn’t helpful.....UK, Italy, France and Spain had 58 deaths yesterday...we had 1100.....save us is too strong. I would settle for do a better job dealing with it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:13 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 pm 8.3 milluon people were infected the last 3 weeks of march..
ask penn state.

How is it working out for our EU peers and their 530 million people? We could have done better.....calling it a hoax wasn’t helpful....liberate your state wasn’t helpful.....a bar is essential wasn’t helpful.....UK, Italy, France and Spain had 58 deaths yesterday...we had 1100.
some of the words weren't helpful..maybe. or maybe it didn't make a difference. how is it that you know? how is it that you know that places that hadn't been hit... wouldn't have gotten hit if not for?
pretty crazy how many experts we have on here.

are we ahead or behind on most of those countries on deaths per million? that may change... is it a win or a loss if it's marginal? are we inviting other info in (excess deaths, other forms of death, economics, lifestyle)?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:38 pm
ask penn state.

How is it working out for our EU peers and their 530 million people? We could have done better.....calling it a hoax wasn’t helpful....liberate your state wasn’t helpful.....a bar is essential wasn’t helpful.....UK, Italy, France and Spain had 58 deaths yesterday...we had 1100.
some of the words weren't helpful..maybe. or maybe it didn't make a difference. how is it that you know? how is it that you know that places that hadn't been hit... wouldn't have gotten hit if not for?

are we ahead or behind on most of those countries on deaths per million? that may change... is it a win or a loss if it's marginal? are we inviting other info in (excess deaths, other forms of death, economics, lifestyle)?
I am using common sense. I may be wrong though but it seems that basic common sense says staying away from people is better than congregating. Holding a political rally with no masks at the height of a pandemic probably didn’t help but the only way to know for sure is to have one controlled rally with no people and a rally with people and test the people at a rally with no mask a week or two later and compare to those that watched on TV. You would have to make sure both groups are isolated so that they don’t pick it up somewhere else. That’s probably what happened to Herman Cain. In all likelihood it wasn’t the rally. It was passing a guy while out walking.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

[flash=][/flash]
ask penn state.

+1 anyone that looks to the US Government for salvation is an idiot.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:49 pm
ask penn state.

I am using common sense. I may be wrong though but it seems that basic common sense says staying away from people is better than congregating. Holding a political rally with no masks at the height of a pandemic probably didn’t help but the only way to know for sure is to have one controlled rally with no people and a rally with people and test the people at a rally with no mask a week or two later and compare to those that watched on TV. You would have to make sure both groups are isolated so that they don’t pick it up somewhere else. That’s probably what happened to Herman Cain. In all likelihood it wasn’t the rally. It was passing a guy while out walking.
TLD you should be lecturing every single college student in America. Their schools tell them to quarantine and they say FU... party on dude. It is also interesting that many of these college students are the spawns of FLP know it alls. These kids learned their parents lesson well... do as we say, not as we do.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:38 am
ask penn state.

TLD you should be lecturing every single college student in America. Their schools tell them to quarantine and they say FU... party on dude. It is also interesting that many of these college students are the spawns of FLP know it alls. These kids learned their parents lesson well... do as we say, not as we do.
I wear a mask, have not sat in a bar, restaurant or been to the gym since March. Have not seen older family without wearing a mask and have not been inside my father in law’s place since March. We talk from the sidewalk. I can only do what I can do and HOPE that my kids follow my advice and example but people are people.

Do you believe the “government” could have done a better job or do you think they handled it well?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:34 am [flash=][/flash]
ask penn state.

+1
Typical Lax Dad

ask penn state.

Who said anything about Salvation.....as for salvation....take government money out of our healthcare system and let’s see how people fare. Buddy was in the hospital for 3 days. $600,000 bill. He has insurance.

It’s a novel coronavirus virus of which (we believe) there is no human immunity. Government can’t make that go away. What the government can do is encourage all citizenry to take steps to reduce the rate of transmission so that we can all restore some level of normalcy and keep the economy moving. It’s about the economy and life as we know it....not the government “saving us from the pandemic”. No government has done that, but plenty have managed to get the virus down while giving the economy runway to recover.....liberate the state, the virus is a democratic hoax, it’s just like the flu and all the other inconsistent messaging from government officials has not helped. You are free to believe that it has helped.
Typical Lax Dad

We have surpassed 800,000 COVID 19 deaths globally.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:03 am We have surpassed 800,000 COVID 19 deaths globally.
And more than 20% of them are in the USA (which has 4.2% of the world's population).

American exceptionalism?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ask penn state.

salvation is a strange word here.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:10 am
ask penn state.

+1
Guys, I couldn't disagree more. If the US Government isn't supposed to protect its own citizens from harm?

Can one of you explain to me what the F we're doing with military bases all over the world? Submarines, Bombers, Missile systems, Spec Ops, etc. Or why we invaded Afghanistan, or Iraq, or, or, or.......?

Why the F would we spend one penny on defense if the US Government isn't supposed to keep our citizen safe from harm, and keep our nation in good order?

I'm happy to grant that American culture makes it difficult to manage a pandemic (look no further than this website, where posters are unwilling to do the bear minimum......wear masks or limit contact with other citizens). But that doesn't mean that the Federal Government isn't responsible for citizen's welfare.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Posted as a reminder that folks here are nuts if they think that a vaccine is going to be fairly distributed in America, even though we taxpayers paid for it......

Dr. Asma Rashid goes to a lot of exclusive parties in New York these days -- but for a different reason. Hosts pay her to administer rapid coronavirus tests to guests at social events in the Hamptons, where the wealthy fled to seek refuge from the pandemic.

The tests have become a common feature before guests can be allowed into parties at the affluent seaside communities -- and cost up to $500 per person, says Rashid, who runs a members-only medical concierge service.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/us/hampt ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am Posted as a reminder that folks here are nuts if they think that a vaccine is going to be fairly distributed in America, even though we taxpayers paid for it......

Dr. Asma Rashid goes to a lot of exclusive parties in New York these days -- but for a different reason. Hosts pay her to administer rapid coronavirus tests to guests at social events in the Hamptons, where the wealthy fled to seek refuge from the pandemic.

The tests have become a common feature before guests can be allowed into parties at the affluent seaside communities -- and cost up to $500 per person, says Rashid, who runs a members-only medical concierge service.

Peasants need to get back to work. The gentry and ruling classes need the support.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:55 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am Posted as a reminder that folks here are nuts if they think that a vaccine is going to be fairly distributed in America, even though we taxpayers paid for it......

Peasants need to get back to work. The gentry and ruling classes need the support.
This is what is going to keep us limping along.....bars and indoor dining. These are luxuries
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:38 am
ask penn state.

I wear a mask, have not sat in a bar, restaurant or been to the gym since March. Have not seen older family without wearing a mask and have not been inside my father in law’s place since March. We talk from the sidewalk. I can only do what I can do and HOPE that my kids follow my advice and example but people are people.

Do you believe the “government” could have done a better job or do you think they handled it well?
they could have and could be doing a better job.
am i surprised our federal government hasn't? in a pandemic? no, i am not.
we could use more citizens that handle it like you do. am i surprised that we don't? no, i am not.

i do think we have a lot of folks that are doing a part. far from perfect, maybe more will be done or needed. supply and demand. my bet is on people before government.

Return to “POLITICS”