All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Saw this image on Twitter from Sweden....

So I did a bit of digging and found this.

And then this....Sweden records first week with no excess mortality since pandemic struck

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden last week recorded no excess mortality compared to the average of the past five years for the first time since COVID-19 struck a country whose death toll in the pandemic has eclipsed that of its neighbours, statistics showed on Monday.

Preliminary data from Statistics Sweden showed the country registered 1,524 deaths last week, slightly lower than the average for 2015–2019, which was 1,569 deaths.

“That is the first week since the corona outbreak that has happened,” Statistics Sweden said in a statement, adding the deaths might still be revised up to show a slight excess mortality.

The agency said the only demographic with excess mortality in Sweden last week were people aged 90 and above.

It seems since the excess deaths have all been harvested into the stats, the numbers speak for their self. Makes you wonder if this years flu season deaths will be milder.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:13 pm As many have noted, it will be very interesting to see what happens to the Republican party if Trump loses.

My guess is that the party will split into a Trump wing and a non-Trump wing. I have no idea who will lead each wing, although I guess Trump could lead his wing for a while. I tend to think that the Trump wing will be rather short-lived.
It's 100% dependent on Mitch. 1000%.

If Mitch loses and the Senate flips? Bye-bye Trumpism.....hello Romney.

If Mitch holds, as does the Senate? Republicans won't need a leader anymore than they did when Obama was in power.

Mitch will simply not allow one single bill, outside of renaming Post Offices (if we have any left), to pass. We've seen this movie before.

And all our problems will go unsolved for the yet another new decade.......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:55 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:13 pm As many have noted, it will be very interesting to see what happens to the Republican party if Trump loses.

My guess is that the party will split into a Trump wing and a non-Trump wing. I have no idea who will lead each wing, although I guess Trump could lead his wing for a while. I tend to think that the Trump wing will be rather short-lived.
It's 100% dependent on Mitch. 1000%.

If Mitch loses and the Senate flips? Bye-bye Trumpism.....hello Romney.

If Mitch holds, as does the Senate? Republicans won't need a leader anymore than they did when Obama was in power.

Mitch will simply not allow one single bill, outside of renaming Post Offices (if we have any left), to pass. We've seen this movie before.

And all our problems will go unsolved for the yet another new decade.......
The Democrats would have to be tickled pink at the thought of a republican party led by mittens. They could walk all over mittens in 5 seconds. Mittens is a nice guy but having a spine is a quality he does not possess. He does understand how to lose graciously in a national election.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 pm The Democrats would have to be tickled pink at the thought of a republican party led by mittens. They could walk all over mittens in 5 seconds.
The Dems already walked all over Trump, Cradle. Have been for almost 4 years now.

How many bills has Pelosi passed, crammed with stuff she wants?

There is ZERO chance that the next President will outspend Trump. Zero.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 pm The Democrats would have to be tickled pink at the thought of a republican party led by mittens. They could walk all over mittens in 5 seconds.
The Dems already walked all over Trump, Cradle. Have been for almost 4 years now.

How many bills has Pelosi passed, crammed with stuff she wants?

There is ZERO chance that the next President will outspend Trump. Zero.
You make a good point. The dems have made trump look foolish for 4 years. My point had nothing to do with trump. Mittens may be a very nice man but IMO he has zero leadership ability for the republican party. Who knows when it comes to republicans? A nice guy might just suit all of them just fine? At least when they lose they will do so with style and grace. The democrats if you recall did a pretty fine job of making a fool out of mittens when he ran for POTUS.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

New insight into the virus from the left:

You are safe from Covid if you are outside protesting. You are likely to be intubated or die of you are outside waiting in line to vote.

:lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/asia/wuh ... index.html

Nice..... meanwhile in the former democracy known as The Unites States of America......
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Mythbusters

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... th-busters
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 am New insight into the virus from the left:

You are safe from Covid if you are outside protesting. You are likely to be intubated or die of you are outside waiting in line to vote.

So it hasn't occurred to you that these people are out protesting for the rights of others, and not for themselves?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:15 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 am New insight into the virus from the left:

So it hasn't occurred to you that these people are out protesting for the rights of others, and not for themselves?
Sure. And? We all know from the PSAs on the TV that "staying home saves lives." By spreading the disease, they could kill me and others. Including those in the most succeptible demographics.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Sure. And? We all know from the PSAs on the TV that "staying home saves lives." By spreading the disease, they could kill me and others. Including those in the most succeptible demographics.
Yes. Which is why they don't want said demographic being forced to stand in line for hours to vote indoors. Mail is safer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Let's be clear, protesting in close proximity to others, even outdoors, without a mask, creates risk of spread.
Wear a darn mask, if you protest.

Standing in line for hours, in close proximity, even outside, without a mask, or with someone else not wearing a mask, creates risk of spread.
Do we need to stand in line with close proximity?
But if you do, wear a darn mask. Everyone!

Doing any of that inside, with anyone else not wearing a mask, creates much more risk. Just flat stupid.

But hey, there CAN be some in-person voting, if spread out a lot and everyone wearing a mask, etc. So, create that situation, with extra days of voting, voting holiday nationally, and more polling places, especially in high density areas.

And reduce the need for in-person by making mail-in easy and validated.

Of course, that's only if we care about democracy and public health.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Yes. Which is why they don't want said demographic being forced to stand in line for hours to vote indoors. Mail is safer.
But waiting outdsoors for entry, with just 25-50% capacity and 6' distancing indoors is safe too.
The governors told me so.
I see it at EVERY indoor activity/store/event I've been to in the past 6 mos.
Out of curiosity, how are you handling it in CO? Is Leopold's operating at reduced capacity? They have us operating like normal here in MD. But our company is considered "essential." I'd argue YOUR business is more essential than ours!

I have my concerns about blanket mail-in voting. Absentee ballot, with formal requests for ballots, sure. I'm also for opening voting 1-3 days early depending on the state guidelines. If indoor capacities are 50%, open voting a day earlier etc.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:54 pm

But waiting outdsoors for entry, with just 25-50% capacity and 6' distancing indoors is safe too.
Out of curiosity, how are you handling it in CO? Is Leopold's operating at reduced capacity? They have us operating like normal here in MD. But our company is considered "essential." I'd argue YOUR business is more essential than ours!

hmmm, how are you going to do voting at 25-50% capacity?
I've made some tangible suggestions, you happy with those?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

was editing when you responded- see above.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm But waiting outdsoors for entry, with just 25-50% capacity and 6' distancing indoors is safe too.
Lots of people in their 60's, 70's and 80's eh?

Come on. You're just arguing here. I'd rather we not have Covid either....
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm Out of curiosity, how are you handling it in CO? Is Leopold's operating at reduced capacity? They have us operating like normal here in MD. But our company is considered "essential." I'd argue YOUR business is more essential than ours!
We are deemed essential. Spent first few months of Covid making hand sanitizer from donated beer. We have a large enough plant, and few enough employees now where it's easy to keep 20 feet away from each other. We also have thousands of gallons of sanitizer (95% abv alcohol) at the ready. We literally have pails of it out so that folks can dunk their hands in it every hour or so....much better for skin than all that handwashing. And we handwash, too, but.....

We're at full production.

Our tasting room has been closed, and will remain closed until spring, most likely. Have no interest in bringing the virus into an already functioning business. And have even less interest in playing with nutjobs screaming about masks. Not worth the trouble to be open.
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm I have my concerns about blanket mail-in voting. Absentee ballot, with formal requests for ballots, sure. I'm also for opening voting 1-3 days early depending on the state guidelines. If indoor capacities are 50%, open voting a day earlier etc.
I have my concerns, too.

But one thing I don't want are a bunch of 70 and 80 year old standing in line for three hours in the middle of a pandemic. So that trump's mail in concerns for me.

And the funny thing is? These people are more likely to vote for Republicans, something FoxNation doesn't seem to understand.

Oh well.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"If you feel like your political party is being threatened when you hear pandemic death statistics, you’re on the bad side." -Jordan Stratton
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

UNC cancels in-person classes after a week, moving to online only.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 388021001/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:54 pm UNC cancels in-person classes after a week, moving to online only.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 388021001/

Apparently no one has any 'symptoms'...some students simply tested positive. If that's the case, why not stay in school and let the virus run its course? Obviously if you have any underlying problems this won't work, but for the vast majority it will.

Return to “POLITICS”