Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:14 pm Image
Guess this dude was wearing a BLM hat in the wrong place!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:36 pm
Well one group has historically enslaved the other for ~250 years in North America, then kept the other group from being fully equal for ~150 years after. That's not including the murders, lynchings and more.

So while it may be true, on the other hand you're safer being a White person in America than a Black person since... well, forever. So they may be just a tad upset about if you're at a rally supporting a racist.

I also love when that dude gets owned in actual arguments that aren't against wide-eyed college kids who have no prep or debate experience.
His argument is present tense, not historical past.

Using your argument, it 'almost' sounds like you are justifying someone getting their arse whipped for wearing a red hat.

I think that is the point, to try and create dialogue.....that helps both sides.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:38 am
Well one group has historically enslaved the other for ~250 years in North America, then kept the other group from being fully equal for ~150 years after. That's not including the murders, lynchings and more.

So while it may be true, on the other hand you're safer being a White person in America than a Black person since... well, forever. So they may be just a tad upset about if you're at a rally supporting a racist.

I also love when that dude gets owned in actual arguments that aren't against wide-eyed college kids who have no prep or debate experience.

Using your argument, it 'almost' sounds like you are justifying someone getting their arse whipped for wearing a red hat.

I think that is the point, to try and create dialogue.....that helps both sides.
Just stick with WWJD if you are confused. That’s a good philosophy....what are the similarities between BLM and MAGA? Explain the equivalency for me.....
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

First, where are all these MAGA people getting their arse whipped for wearing a red hat?

Secondly, a lot of people, especially some others here on the forum, fail to recognize the historical context that drives BLM. It's 400 years of inequity that have lead to today. The rallies aren't just in their own time bubble of solely reacting to Floyd's death. We do need to create a dialogue - I'm trying to explain why people at a BLM rally may be angry at someone supporting racist policies.

And there are certainly examples of assault and violence at MAGA rallies against non red-hatters.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 am

First, where are all these MAGA people getting their arse whipped for wearing a red hat?

Secondly, a lot of people, especially some others here on the forum, fail to recognize the historical context that drives BLM. It's 400 years of inequity that have lead to today. The rallies aren't just in their own time bubble of solely reacting to Floyd's death. We do need to create a dialogue - I'm trying to explain why people at a BLM rally may be angry at someone supporting racist policies.

And there are certainly examples of assault and violence at MAGA rallies against non red-hatters.
See how a question of discussion turns so fast. The questions never mentioned the importance of BLM, it never mentioned history or inequities, it simply stated 'safer'. You may have hit the nail on the head....your crafted a sentence that argues why people may get angered, but are factual about racists policies. So what are the current racists policies that are angering others?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 am

See how a question of discussion turns so fast. The questions never mentioned the importance of BLM, it never mentioned history or inequities, it simply stated 'safer'. You may have hit the nail on the head....your crafted a sentence that argues why people may get angered, but are factual about racists policies. So what are the current racists policies that are angering others?
Ask the Howard County folks

:lol:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

agreed that we need a dialogue. sometimes it's hard to have that, whether here or otherwise.

i understand why BLM folks are angry, and i support that anger. what i question is what definition of racism are you using. because depending on that, they may actually be spewing racism at an anti-racist rally and not be aware of it.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

can't stand tRump.....but comments like this are laughable. Or sad. both.

So, addressing your "first" nonsense........do you just not get reality?

Or, are the other country flag waivers just youthaummlistilcking stating that "egg on your face" is A-OK way to treat other humans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWIMt9JxugQ

so, many, many more. Your opinions matter, skewed and ignorant and all that
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

More on the FIRST;
more recent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdskC4K30_o

can we be decent? ban, block, ignore, BEAT UP. phucking hypocrites, you pretends.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:13 am

More on the FIRST;
more recent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdskC4K30_o

can we be decent? ban, block, ignore, BEAT UP. phucking hypocrites, you pretends.
Holmes said that such behavior never happens. I did a quick google search. It not only happens, but it happens all the time. I get the anger directed at trump. When you FLP folks look the other way or worse yet justify the violence directed at trump supporters... you have become no better than the man you despise. DEPLORABLE behavior aimed at people you label as DEPLORABLE. It would be funny if it was not so sad. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm
Holmes said that such behavior never happens. I did a quick google search. It not only happens, but it happens all the time. I get the anger directed at trump. When you FLP folks look the other way or worse yet justify the violence directed at trump supporters... you have become no better than the man you despise. DEPLORABLE behavior aimed at people you label as DEPLORABLE. It would be funny if it was not so sad. :roll:
I didn't say it never happened, don't put words in my mouth. I was asking for examples of where MAGA hats were getting beaten up at all these BLM rallies. I know it certainly happens once in a while, but definitely not all the time like you say it does. And when you consider how many millions of people are participating in these protests, it's extremely low rates of incidents. And it happens on the other side too.

I'd love to see anyone who is able to show with actual data that there is a higher rate of violence against red hatters.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm
I didn't say it never happened, don't put words in my mouth. I was asking for examples of where MAGA hats were getting beaten up at all these BLM rallies. I know it certainly happens once in a while, but definitely not all the time like you say it does. And when you consider how many millions of people are participating in these protests, it's extremely low rates of incidents. And it happens on the other side too.

I'd love to see anyone who is able to show with actual data that there is a higher rate of violence against red hatters.
Ever heard of google? It would take you all of about 10 seconds to bring them up. If you believe they are all fake or not, that is another story. I despise trump, but I despise even more the violence and intimidation some FLP people use to make their point. Why should anybody be harassed, intimidated or threatened by folks who claim to be all inclusive and all about allowing ALL AMERICANS to express their beliefs. You should really hold your own people to a higher standard. You seem to go out of your way to ignore or justify the violence your people perpetuate on people they disagree with. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm I despise trump, but I despise even more the violence and intimidation some FLP people use to make their point.
Remember when it started with "interrupting dinner" a few years back? And I said that if you let that go, things would get worse?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm Ever heard of google? It would take you all of about 10 seconds to bring them up. If you believe they are all fake or not, that is another story. I despise trump, but I despise even more the violence and intimidation some FLP people use to make their point. Why should anybody be harassed, intimidated or threatened by folks who claim to be all inclusive and all about allowing ALL AMERICANS to express their beliefs. You should really hold your own people to a higher standard. You seem to go out of your way to ignore or justify the violence your people perpetuate on people they disagree with. :roll:
LOL I don't condone it at all, but at least I understand why it happens, which many others are refusing to even admit. You also seem to go out of your way to ignore or justify the violence your people perpetuate on people they disagree with.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… how can these be real, legitimate protests? ^^^^

No guns; no confederate flag; no one dressed up as a pretend soldier.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm

puke puke, so now it's a matter of degree. Pretend liberal hypocrites, it's ONLY them (you) honey, only them
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm I despise trump, but I despise even more the violence and intimidation some FLP people use to make their point.
Remember when it started with "interrupting dinner" a few years back? And I said that if you let that go, things would get worse?
NO......NOT really......you are the master of pulling up old posts, perhaps provide said warnings :roll:

regardless, why are you "right" now?????
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm Ever heard of google? It would take you all of about 10 seconds to bring them up. If you believe they are all fake or not, that is another story. I despise trump, but I despise even more the violence and intimidation some FLP people use to make their point. Why should anybody be harassed, intimidated or threatened by folks who claim to be all inclusive and all about allowing ALL AMERICANS to express their beliefs. You should really hold your own people to a higher standard. You seem to go out of your way to ignore or justify the violence your people perpetuate on people they disagree with. :roll:
LOL I don't condone it at all, but at least I understand why it happens, which many others are refusing to even admit. You also seem to go out of your way to ignore or justify the violence your people perpetuate on people they disagree with.

I also understand why it happens. The problem is if you harass someone wearing a BLM hat you are now talking about a different dynamics. You are now accused of a hate crime. In my world the answer is easy... Live and Let Live. If we become so hypersensitive what is the point of the 1st amendment? Mob rule and popular opinion makes it irrelevant. I saw one video of a 12 year old boy being smacked around on his school bus because he wore a MAGA hat. My FLP friends here are advocating intolerance to combat intolerance. What is that term? DEPLORABLE!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 am

agreed that we need a dialogue. sometimes it's hard to have that, whether here or otherwise.

i understand why BLM folks are angry, and i support that anger. what i question is what definition of racism are you using. because depending on that, they may actually be spewing racism at an anti-racist rally and not be aware of it.
Not if you watch or read the right stuff. Could you imagine Chyrstal and Sanquire moderating every single political debate? If you don't know, why are you worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcXLgzdfIc

Return to “POLITICS”