Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Trump Trying to Develop His Own Gestapo

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:06 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:10 pm Good start to pushing back on DHS' naked fascism. Wolf needs to be held accountable for this. Nothing in his CV indicates he is anything other than an organization man, a go along to get along type. The kind that makes a good little fascist. Same for the foot soldiers just following orders.
Completely agree.

Those who have studied the history of the Gestapo know that the Gestapo did not fully become the horror that we all remember overnight. It took several years before the Gestapo fully consolidated and nationalized German police forces and was shielded from any judicial review.

We know that Trump admires murderous dictators like Vladimir Putin. We know that many of his supporters, including some members of this forum, also admire authoritarian thugs like Putin.

What we are seeing in Portland, and what we saw in Lafayette Park a month ago, are just test runs for establishing a Gestapo-like national force loyal to Donald Trump. It’s not an accident that this unmarked federal force is comprised of Customs and Border Protection agents ... who have developed a particular devotion to Trump and his racist policies.

Not all CBP officials and agents support Trump’s fascist policies. Most almost certainly do not. As jhu72 states, it’s time for them to stand up and oppose the transformation of the CBP into Trump’s own Gestapo.

DocBarrister
First thing they did—defund the police.
Brooklyn

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Brooklyn »

Speaking of Gestapo, too bad those cops who were shown on video slashing tires, breaking windows, and fomenting troubles have not been arrested with their names and faces on public display so that everyone could see who the real trouble makers are.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm The Left now comes for Governor Larry Hogan. He’s, as we all know, now a “racist”. :lol:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... oor-367930

You woke left birdbrains think you’re safe. You’re not. Your entire existence now is ‘please eat me last’. Weak and pathetic doesn’t begin to describe your lot.
Same dumb post word for word...
Are you a Russian troll after all...who writes this dump cr-p for you?
ok, same response.

I'm guessing you did not actually bother to read the quite thorough article?

I'm a Hogan supporter, but the Red Line decision was wrong and, yes, driven by the politics of where his core support is, suburban white voters. Gotta remember that there's a lot of old school white conservative Dems in those neighborhoods, not just R's.

The article lays out what went down quite thoroughly.

The article does not call Hogan himself racist, but the decisions around where to spend transportation dollars in our state have definitely been part of the reality of our structural racism.

It will be interesting to watch how Hogan handles decisions the rest of his term (assuming post-COVID timetable). I wouldn't be surprised to see him get much more serious about investment in turning around these neighborhoods, dismantling barriers to social mobility. that is, if there's any sort of budget post-COVId...but this may be possible with Federal $ given the pandemic's disparate impact, as well as the greatly increased awareness of these issues today, and shift in how white suburban voters are thinking about them, over just a few years ago...

On the other hand, he may not be able to rise to that challenge and remain thinking about the Presidency through the GOP nomination ...however, IMO he'll never transcend Maryland if he does not...personally I do not think he's got the charisma necessary to make it, but he could challenge for a Senate seat if he wants to stay in politics.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm The Left now comes for Governor Larry Hogan. He’s, as we all know, now a “racist”. :lol:

You woke left birdbrains think you’re safe. You’re not. Your entire existence now is ‘please eat me last’. Weak and pathetic doesn’t begin to describe your lot.
ok, same response.

I'm a Hogan supporter, but the Red Line decision was wrong and, yes, driven by the politics of where his core support is, suburban white voters. Gotta remember that there's a lot of old school white conservative Dems in those neighborhoods, not just R's.

The article does not call Hogan himself racist, but the decisions around where to spend transportation dollars in our state have definitely been part of the reality of our structural racism.

It will be interesting to watch how Hogan handles decisions the rest of his term (assuming post-COVID timetable). I wouldn't be surprised to see him get much more serious about investment in turning around these neighborhoods, dismantling barriers to social mobility. that is, if there's any sort of budget post-COVId...but this may be possible with Federal $ given the pandemic's disparate impact, as well as the greatly increased awareness of these issues today, and shift in how white suburban voters are thinking about them, over just a few years ago...

On the other hand, he may not be able to rise to that challenge and remain thinking about the Presidency through the GOP nomination ...however, IMO he'll never transcend Maryland if he does not...personally I do not think he's got the charisma necessary to make it, but he could challenge for a Senate seat if he wants to stay in politics.

When the left comes for you MD, remind us not to save you. The high you’re getting today being applauded by birdbrains is sure to evaporate tomorrow when you object to when they want it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... lican.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm When the left comes for you MD, remind us not to save you. The high you’re getting today being applauded by birdbrains is sure to evaporate tomorrow when you object to when they want it all.

Because Pete would never do that to say....a liberal or a leftie. He's too open minded! And would NEVER put someone into an invented category, and then treat them poorly as a result.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:35 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm When the left comes for you MD, remind us not to save you. The high you’re getting today being applauded by birdbrains is sure to evaporate tomorrow when you object to when they want it all.

Because Pete would never do that to say....a liberal or a leftie. He's too open minded! And would NEVER put someone into an invented category, and then treat them poorly as a result.....
:D

The classic is is his cut and paste of the exact same post into two different threads...clearly he has some sort of social media feed where he's getting his info in little bite sized pieces he regurgitates out as he spews this anger. And he was too lazy to have something new to say...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

You can't make this stuff up. Sullivan and Rubio. Bless their hearts. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Members of the exonerated Central Park Five help paint #BlackLivesMatter on the street in front of Trump Tower on New York’s Fifth Avenue.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1281324167728635915

“During a peaceful protest in LA this week the LAPD knocked a disabled man out of his wheelchair, and then they broke it. there is absolutely no excuse for this - it’s disgusting.”

https://twitter.com/4TheCulture____/sta ... 2Fpage-214

Forum CONservatives who believe in limited government should be outraged. I bet they won't be. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I said when Trump was running he would turn this country into the Congo. I was wrong. I apologize to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

MAGA
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:54 pm
I said when Trump was running he would turn this country into the Congo. I was wrong. I apologize to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

MAGA
But our taxes are low. So, I mean, who gives a sh*t if some helpful souls get beaten up but jackbooted thugs with guns and no ID , right?
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm

MAGA
But our taxes are low. So, I mean, who gives a sh*t if some helpful souls get beaten up but jackbooted thugs with guns and no ID , right?
And Trump was duly elected and the people voting for him knew about these things.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm

MAGA
And Trump was duly elected and the people voting for him knew about these things.
Exactly; and I've got mine already. So who really cares?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm But our taxes are low.
My taxes aren't low. They went up under Trump after the state tax deduction was capped.
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:39 pm
My taxes aren't low. They went up under Trump after the state tax deduction was capped.
Transfer of wealth from blue states to red states..among other things

https://fortune.com/2017/11/03/trump-go ... -2017/amp/

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018 ... sequences/
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:39 pm
You’re obviously a sore loser who helped Hillary hide the server in Lisa Page’s apartment.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MAGA
The new, new last King of Scotland?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 pm

ok, same response.

Hogan did okay the purple line (boondogle).

These statements by the author seems to be rather misleading:
Yet not all light rail got the ax. Hogan did not cancel the Purple Line, which will open in 2022 and run through Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in wealthier suburbs of Washington and connect to D.C.'s Metro subway system.
The Purple Line and Hogan’s other budgetary priorities at the time of the Red Line cancellation suggest a pattern of favoring white communities over Black communities in the allocation of public funds.
I don't think PG county is particularly wealthy, and there are quite a few blacks living there (64.5% black, 14.9% non-hispanic white in the 2010 census). I think the eastern side of Montgomery county tends to be less affluent and has a fair percentage of blacks also.
One of the selling points of the purple line was to allow people from poorer areas in PG county to have access to jobs in Bethesda.

I don't see how you can say the Purple line is part of structural racism, MDlaxfan76.
Live Free or Die!

Return to “POLITICS”