Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by 6ftstick »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:35 am Canada - proof of the wisdom of progressive politics:

Proof that a small population spread out over a VAST landscape is social distancing on a grand scale. But Quebec has more covid deaths than Florida.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:02 am I am a huge advocate of giving every retiree their full SS benefit when they retire let them do with it what they want.
Know what happens then? Most will spend it fast, and then be out of money. Then they're either homeless beggars (and how many of those do you want in your neighborhood?), or they get MORE money from the gubmint because people don't much like having a bunch of homeless beggars around.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:03 pm But Quebec has more covid deaths than Florida.
Quebec has 1/3 as many people as Florida :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:03 pm
Proof that a small population spread out over a VAST landscape is social distancing on a grand scale. But Quebec has more covid deaths than Florida.
Quebec's problem was largely restricted to Montreal and outlying area, so far as I recall reading. For the most part, the problem has been contained. Not so for Florida, especially the Miami area. Hopefully, they will come to their senses there and impose restrictions that protect people.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 pm Hopefully, they will come to their senses there and impose restrictions that protect people.
Hopefully, One Term Ron will butt out and let the adults deal with the situation and won’t act like his imbecilic gubernatorial neighbor to the north.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:03 pm
Quebec's problem was largely restricted to Montreal and outlying area, so far as I recall reading. For the most part, the problem has been contained. Not so for Florida, especially the Miami area. Hopefully, they will come to their senses there and impose restrictions that protect people.
hmmm, entire country of Canada has averaged less than 20 deaths per day for the past month, now at about 11-12 seven day rolling average. Florida is rolling average of 100 per day and continuing to spike.

Canada has roughly double the population of Florida and at present less than double the # of deaths, but both cases and deaths declining not rising as indicated above. So, per capita Canada is already below Florida and the gap is widening.

When will Florida surpass Canada in deaths?
Probably September, but perhaps sooner.
Unfortunately, even with heavy mitigation now, the tail on the idiocy of the past 60 days will extend into September...but it doesn't look like the idiocy is going to fully abate so...

The problem is that Trump politicized the response...it should never have been a partisan, left versus right ideological, matter, it should have been driven by the public health officials.

From a political perspective, Trump had the perfect opportunity, a huge crisis, to actually transform his Presidency into one that brought Americans together to fight a common threat, but instead he chose to play it as a partisan threat...and blew it for all of us.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:44 pm

hmmm, entire country of Canada has averaged less than 20 deaths per day for the past month, now at about 11-12 seven day rolling average. Florida is rolling average of 100 per day and continuing to spike.

Canada has roughly double the population of Florida and at present less than double the # of deaths, but both cases and deaths declining not rising as indicated above. So, per capita Canada is already below Florida and the gap is widening.

When will Florida surpass Canada in deaths?
Probably September, but perhaps sooner.
Unfortunately, even with heavy mitigation now, the tail on the idiocy of the past 60 days will extend into September...but it doesn't look like the idiocy is going to fully abate so...

The problem is that Trump politicized the response...it should never have been a partisan, left versus right ideological, matter, it should have been driven by the public health officials.

From a political perspective, Trump had the perfect opportunity, a huge crisis, to actually transform his Presidency into one that brought Americans together to fight a common threat, but instead he chose to play it as a partisan threat...and blew it for all of us.

That's the key - Dump's FAILED leadership.

As I mentioned before, Vietnam has 97 million people which is FAR more than both Canada and Florida combined. Yet, they reported only 7 deaths. This because of good leadership and health practices. Had we only followed their wise example instead of tRUMP stupidity, society would be in infintely better shape today.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Well I guess the false pretenses are gone; here’s the Democrats attorney general in Minnesota basically declaring war on businesspeople and entrepreneurs!

This hard left turn by Democrats and their sympathizers will only grow more pronounced as they riot/loot/demolish.

Have fun!

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status ... 00163?s=21

(If trump can’t beat a Marxist clown car like this, he’s useless).
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:45 pm Well I guess the false pretenses are gone; here’s the Democrats attorney general in Minnesota basically declaring war on businesspeople and entrepreneurs!
He's doing no such thing. I'm easily in the top 5% of earners, because I actually own things. And right now, my business is getting royally screwed by tax breaks and handouts for multinational corporations, and other large businesses that have their politicians on speed dial. In other words, my business gets to pay Amazon's tax bill, in addition to our own. This must stop.

The ONLY way you could disagree with what this man is saying, Pete, is if your business gets a line item, special tax break.

Does your business get one, Pete?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Get ready, Following the Baltimore-model of Progressive leadership, Record-setting crime likely coming to MN, Seattle, Portland and other Progressive-minded cities!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Chicago said Hold My Beer. Chicago has had over 103 shot and 18 dead in less than 10 days.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

We need to defund the TSA. They have been abusing their power, throwing my luggage, telling me when I can and cannot use the bathroom, and controlling our lives for too long. We should get rid of half of the TSA, and hire thousands of social workers to work throughout all airports. Maybe the TSA should require some sort of degree to deal with the general public, in order to deescalate situations.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Your answer is right in the video. Flight to Philadelphia. Probably Eagles fans. :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:18 pm

We need to defund the TSA. They have been abusing their power, throwing my luggage, telling me when I can and cannot use the bathroom, and controlling our lives for too long. We should get rid of half of the TSA, and hire thousands of social workers to work throughout all airports. Maybe the TSA should require some sort of degree to deal with the general public, in order to deescalate situations.
Fine by me. TSA is kabuki theater to present a show of safety not actually remove the threats. Total waste IMO.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:22 pm Your answer is right in the video. Flight to Philadelphia. Probably Eagles fans. :lol:
Or stress from dealing with sh**ty USAir
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:22 pm Your answer is right in the video. Flight to Philadelphia. Probably Eagles fans. :lol:
😂😂 Probably would let them take batteries on the plane.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

tough but fair.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:13 pm Chicago said Hold My Beer. Chicago has had over 103 shot and 18 dead in less than 10 days.
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:43 pm Get ready, Following the Baltimore-model of Progressive leadership, Record-setting crime likely coming to MN, Seattle, Portland and other Progressive-minded cities!

Do you Gents seriously not understand that your message to people in cities is: "government and policing are perfect, don't change one single thing"?

Is it THAT hard to understand that that's what you're selling?

There are NO possible solutions. There are NO ways to do things differently to yield better outcomes?

This is why there were protests in the street in the first place. You get that, right? That no one is listening, and no one is making necessary changes?

What the heck happened to American Conservatives that you you've managed to convince yourselves that in the last 30 years, police and government in large cities has just been nailing it, and could not possibly need improvement?

And again: do I need to remind you that these are Dem run cities, with Union police departments? You two are now fans of both, is that it?

We've completely stopped fixing problems in America. 2020 has been a real clear explanation as to why that's the case.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:18 pm

MAGA!! I told you fools!! “We” Mozambique Now!!!

“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:13 pm Chicago said Hold My Beer. Chicago has had over 103 shot and 18 dead in less than 10 days.
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:43 pm Get ready, Following the Baltimore-model of Progressive leadership, Record-setting crime likely coming to MN, Seattle, Portland and other Progressive-minded cities!

Do you Gents seriously not understand that your message to people in cities is: "government and policing are perfect, don't change one single thing"?

Is it THAT hard to understand that that's what you're selling?

There are NO possible solutions. There are NO ways to do things differently to yield better outcomes?

This is why there were protests in the street in the first place. You get that, right? That no one is listening, and no one is making necessary changes?

What the heck happened to American Conservatives that you you've managed to convince yourselves that in the last 30 years, police and government in large cities has just been nailing it, and could not possibly need improvement?

And again: do I need to remind you that these are Dem run cities, with Union police departments? You two are now fans of both, is that it?

We've completely stopped fixing problems in America. 2020 has been a real clear explanation as to why that's the case.

Afan, that’s not what I was saying at all. I was 100% agreeing with you. The point of the commentary I linked is that Democrat run cities and police unions are going to be repeating the same shi tty mistakes of Baltimore. And be shocked when the outcome is the same.

Return to “POLITICS”