UAH Men's LAX

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Finnlax35

UAH Men's LAX

Post by Finnlax35 »

Rumor has it , that the coach of the men's lacrosse team just announced that he is leaving as a coach.
Supposedly taking a non-lax position elsewhere. For this young program and for the respect of the game, this seems like the best coaching decision he has ever made. We can only hope that, amid the Covid-19 pandemic issues to boot, the Administration takes this opportunity seriously when hiring his replacement. To build a successful program the players deserve someone who cares about the Team, knows LAX and knows how to coach.
CarolinaLax Dad

Re: UAH Men's LAX

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

It's a good school. Great programs for those going into engineering and/ or aerospace. I didn't know anything about the previous coach - I did know several kids that played a year and left.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Finnlax35 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:10 am Rumor has it , that the coach of the men's lacrosse team just announced that he is leaving as a coach.
Supposedly taking a non-lax position elsewhere. For this young program and for the respect of the game, this seems like the best coaching decision he has ever made. We can only hope that, amid the Covid-19 pandemic issues to boot, the Administration takes this opportunity seriously when hiring his replacement. To build a successful program the players deserve someone who cares about the Team, knows LAX and knows how to coach.
Second year in a row you have started a thread to bash the head coach...seems like someone has an axe to grind
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Is there any truth to this? There's no changes on their team site or UAH Job site. Also talking to a couple coaches, they say there hasn't been any movement in the Portal with UAH players.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

I heard it is true from a very reliable source
yeotiger

Post by yeotiger »

who would be that replacement Finnlax35? You?
McGowan has done a great job starting a program, recruiting good student athletes, and posting wins. Not sure what you don't like about the results?
Last edited by yeotiger on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

I have seen a few schools have coaching changes and outside of a small post on their athletic website. Sawanne still hasn't posted their job. With everything going on it would be a strange time to resign or fire a coach.
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Is there any truth to this "rumor" or not ?
Your preparations of today, will determine the achievements of tomorrow.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

From what I have heard yes
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

So idea on the path forward for the program ? Will they just sit. Or start the search ?
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

So idea's on the path forward for the program ? Will they just sit. Or start the search ?
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

A HC from the GLVC has confirmed to me that McGowan has left. No current plans have been stated to the conference on what they are planning to do.
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

All those southern schools need to get out of the GLVC. They dont need them anymore anyways. With everything going on travel doesnt make sense anymore for it. They need to get the GSC going with adding lacrosse. A few of those schools dont have football. It makes perfect sense for them to add lacrosse. The conference already has Womens Lax.
CarolinaLax Dad

I like the idea -

If the travel ban stays in place it would make sense for some conference realignments. I don't see Florida Tech leaving the SSC to move to the GSC or North Greenville leaving CC, but they arent in the GLVC now. I mention it because their girls teams are in the GSC. You would lose some competitive teams like U of Indy, Lindenwood and Rockhurst.

Who would you add? You would have Lander, UAH, Montevallo and Young Harris (not playing in 2021). Maybe Shorter because they seem to be able to hang on. Maybe, get Tusculum to leave SAC and join? Or Lincoln Memorial? Or Emmanuel to join - travel would be much easier for Tusculum and Emmanuel.

It works if you get several more schools if not the level of play drops off really fast. Just like in CC when you get past Limestone (leaving for the SAC), Belmont A and UMO. The level of play drops really fast. I have kids playing in both conferences, so I have seen how it's the haves and have nots.

But who knows travel may drive realignments in a big way
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

LaxManiax wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:48 pm All those southern schools need to get out of the GLVC. They dont need them anymore anyways. With everything going on travel doesnt make sense anymore for it. They need to get the GSC going with adding lacrosse. A few of those schools dont have football. It makes perfect sense for them to add lacrosse. The conference already has Womens Lax.
The Peach Belt is going to start sponsoring men’s lacrosse and the GSC will continue to sponsor women. With the addition of Flagler the GSC will have 6 schools
UHA
Shorter
Montevallo
Landers
Young Harris
Flagler
CarolinaLax Dad

Interesting that Flagler is playing in the peach belt for Lacrosse vs SSC. Most of the mens lax teams in Florida are in the SSC. But since Flagler is a member of the Peach Belt for other sports guess that would be the reasoning. However, it would be much easier to travel and play in Florida as a member of the SSC.
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Could Flagler afford the travel $$, in the GSC. Yes the women's team does but doubling the bucks ?
However they may save dollars in travel in the SSC but not sure they could win many in the first 2 years. That hurts in recruiting, and retention. They may have troubles pulling players away from Fl.Tech, Palm Bch. or St Leo. So they going to face some big decisions right out of the gate. I'd love to see another in Florida, but I really hope they get behind the program and start it right.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

CarolinaLax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 pm Interesting that Flagler is playing in the peach belt for Lacrosse vs SSC. Most of the mens lax teams in Florida are in the SSC. But since Flagler is a member of the Peach Belt for other sports guess that would be the reasoning. However, it would be much easier to travel and play in Florida as a member of the SSC.
I dont think they have a option, the Peach Belt and GSC have agreement. The GSC is sponsoring women and schools from the Peach Belt are Assoc members and Peach Belt sponsors Mens and GSC schools are assoc members for Lacrosse. The only way Flagler could play in the Sunshine would be to become a full member.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Is there a link to this GSC-PBC agreement? I don't see it on either conference's site.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

[flash=][/flash]
I don’t think they’d have anything for the public

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”