All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:19 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:40 pmnormandy.jpg

Regrettably so on point.

I watched a special last night about Wade McCluskey, Richard Best, and Dusty Kleiss (WW2 dive bombers, Battle of Midway, Wake etc...). Do you think any of them would call themselves a Democrat today?

Seriously sad situation with one party.
More nonsense. And as MD pointed out - not even a good kind of comparison. But it fits your "he-man" notion of war - and that you think the other side (and other side is exactly how you think) does not fit. So for you an apt comparison, no matter how bad it is in real life.

You are SO predictable...
And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And where the fn masks they tell you to wear
Bull. I live in a area that is quite safe. While I don't go out every day (don't need to for my job for the most part), I do visit friends a few times a week, go to stores, and even church (where we encourage most not to show up - typical Sunday attendance is about 15). But I am not stupid when I do go out.

You are so invested in a stereotype of what you think others are you are failing to actually see them for what they really are. Blinded by the stereotype in fact.
And that's the issue.Wwhen you have to cop to living like a FREE man in America. And equivocate about it to boot.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm maybe i should have been more clear. the author states in his closing and as a premise we can be celebrating life, liberty, etc. by the 4th of july.
just change testing from what we have now to 20 times that by tomorrow.
no due diligence, no roadmap for being able to accomplish that. just do that and we're good.
he iterates (a number i heard as well but didn't see it backed up) we have latent capacity to do 2 million tests a day, but now do 300k. why don't we do 2 million? to answer this, you can't say "because donald trump won't let them." or "donald trump doesn't incentivize them."
show me why or replies about trump or anything else don't matter. this is the greatest opportunity in a testing company's existence to push out everything they can. for goodwill and profit.
they are boosting capacity at the clip they're capable of. could it be faster somehow? probably. how much faster? i don't know. do you? ok, explain how you come up with your numbers. what do industry veterans tell you?
but the author's plan is based on him saying instead of 300k, let's spend and that will get us 5 million tomorrow and even though i have no homework to back that up, that's the plan.
i assume he left out the "let's go!!" off at the end by accident.
If the federal government made it a priority in January instead of March we would be 2 months further along...say where we are going to be in July. I can say “Trump didn’t provide an incentive early enough”. Doesn’t mean we aren’t trying now.
But are we really trying? even now?

Sure does not appear to be with the sort of scale of resolve that would be necessary, right?

After all, Trump keeps talking down the necessity of testing being helpful and at the same times crowing about how many tests are being done as if actually enough...what's the message to the troops? Heck, to the generals?
Just poor execution. Much like everything else he as run.....Real estate is easy, by comparison. That’s why people dabble in it as a side hustle.
Jeezus. 9 weeks ago The economy was soaring. Everyone was employed and the market was about to crack 30,000. ISIS was gone. New trade deals with China Mexico Canada and Europe. Yep poor execution. Do you even read what you write?
The economy was soaring for 11 years. Look who helped ruin it. What color mask you got on?

😷
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:30 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm maybe i should have been more clear. the author states in his closing and as a premise we can be celebrating life, liberty, etc. by the 4th of july.
no due diligence, no roadmap for being able to accomplish that. just do that and we're good.
he iterates (a number i heard as well but didn't see it backed up) we have latent capacity to do 2 million tests a day, but now do 300k. why don't we do 2 million? to answer this, you can't say "because donald trump won't let them." or "donald trump doesn't incentivize them."
show me why or replies about trump or anything else don't matter. this is the greatest opportunity in a testing company's existence to push out everything they can. for goodwill and profit.
they are boosting capacity at the clip they're capable of. could it be faster somehow? probably. how much faster? i don't know. do you? ok, explain how you come up with your numbers. what do industry veterans tell you?
but the author's plan is based on him saying instead of 300k, let's spend and that will get us 5 million tomorrow and even though i have no homework to back that up, that's the plan.
If the federal government made it a priority in January instead of March we would be 2 months further along...say where we are going to be in July. I can say “Trump didn’t provide an incentive early enough”. Doesn’t mean we aren’t trying now.

Sure does not appear to be with the sort of scale of resolve that would be necessary, right?

After all, Trump keeps talking down the necessity of testing being helpful and at the same times crowing about how many tests are being done as if actually enough...what's the message to the troops? Heck, to the generals?
Just poor execution. Much like everything else he as run.....Real estate is easy, by comparison. That’s why people dabble in it as a side hustle.
Jeezus. 9 weeks ago The economy was soaring. Everyone was employed and the market was about to crack 30,000. ISIS was gone. New trade deals with China Mexico Canada and Europe. Yep poor execution. Do you even read what you write?
The economy was soaring for 11 years. Look who helped ruin it. What color mask you got on?

😷
THE VIRUS ruined it skippy. And democrats are helping it stay that way. Trump Trump Harumph Trump.

Rasmussen
Among voters who Strongly Disapprove of Trump’s job performance, 70% blame him MORE THAN CHINA and the WHO for the coronavirus.

TDS And you have it bad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:19 pm And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass.
:lol: So you drive on the sidewalk, do ya?

Or do you, like the scared sheep that you are, drive between the government-drawn dotted lines, and only go when the government light is green because you're too chicken to just go whenever you want? ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Regrettably so on point.

I watched a special last night about Wade McCluskey, Richard Best, and Dusty Kleiss (WW2 dive bombers, Battle of Midway, Wake etc...). Do you think any of them would call themselves a Democrat today?

More nonsense. And as MD pointed out - not even a good kind of comparison. But it fits your "he-man" notion of war - and that you think the other side (and other side is exactly how you think) does not fit. So for you an apt comparison, no matter how bad it is in real life.

And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And wear the fn masks they tell you to wear

I find it harder and harder to believe any of you folks ever played lacrosse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this is what this board has come down to me as well. Very good declaration. lol
Want me to list all the stuff you're not free to do in Republican Run States and cities? Or are you guys going to stop playing this stupid game?
calourie

Post by calourie »

a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Regrettably so on point.

And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And wear the fn masks they tell you to wear

I find it harder and harder to believe any of you folks ever played lacrosse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this is what this board has come down to me as well. Very good declaration. lol
Want me to list all the stuff you're not free to do in Republican Run States and cities? Or are you guys going to stop playing this stupid game?
I find it harder and harder to believe that some of you ever got into college. But then again, as they say, stupid is as stupid does.
Last edited by calourie on Sat May 16, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 pm (omitted)

To them the issue is they want to just think they can say we have conquered the hoax and since (at least for PB) they are invincible, the measures we should all take as citizens who value the lives of everyone around us are silly.

So 6ft thinks I am "equivocating" because I am fortunate enough to live in an area where the risks are currently low - but I am certainly willing to modify my behavior to best practices. The problem in my area is those MAGA/Fox News/OAN fed people who think there is no real danger to anyone. They are the ones who, if there is an outbreak, will be the ones causing it due to their unwillingness to listen to people who actually know what they are talking about rather than the stupidity that is output from the RW media.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Oh - and I did not play lax growing up because when and where I did (MI in the 60s and 70s) the only opportunities were if you were Native American (which I am not). But I do follow the sport since being exposed to the sport - and have actually attended around a dozen national championship games.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm Regrettably so on point.

Somehow, I don't think they'd be with the the folks armed with semi-automatic weapons carrying Nazi Flags/symbols (in case you didn't know the Japanese enemy they were fighting was in with Hitler and those same Nazis). Thus using them as an example, is totally specious on your part.

While we are at historical accuracy Pete - none of them fought at Wake either which was garrisoned by U.S. Marines only and the U.S Navy was not involved having just been significantly damaged at Pearl Harbor. That said, the American Marine commander was asked by his superiors if he needed anything after repulsing the first attack and Major James Devereux USMC sent back the message, "Send us more Japs!" :lol: :lol:

As for the Midway battle, a shame you don't recall Commanders Massey, Lindsey and Waldron - maybe someday you will notice how they, in a completely different way, intrinsically contributed to the same incredible victory for which the three you name are rightfully famous. You also neglected to mention Lt Cdr Max Leslie commander of VB-3 operating from USS Yorktown (as their regular carrier USS Saratoga was in drydock with battle damage) whose squadron of SBD dive bombers did in a third enemy carrier simultaneously to McCluskey/Best.

As with most other stuff you post here, you are woefully ill-informed while claiming to know it all.....which you obviously don't because that's what internet trolls like you do. :oops: :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 pm (omitted)

To them the issue is they want to just think they can say we have conquered the hoax and since (at least for PB) they are invincible, the measures we should all take as citizens who value the lives of everyone around us are silly.

So 6ft thinks I am "equivocating" because I am fortunate enough to live in an area where the risks are currently low - but I am certainly willing to modify my behavior to best practices. The problem in my area is those MAGA/Fox News/OAN fed people who think there is no real danger to anyone. They are the ones who, if there is an outbreak, will be the ones causing it due to their unwillingness to listen to people who actually know what they are talking about rather than the stupidity that is output from the RW media.
Oh, neither of these two believe a single word they are typing. Every time I point out that their logic is ridiculous, they go away, realizing that they're just being silly.

Every State has laws. Several phone books worth of them. What those laws represent is the willful desire to surrender your own personal freedoms for the overall good of your State. You can't drive through a red light. Or sell beer out of your home. Or make whiskey without a license. Or, or, or, or....

Thousands of laws, just like this. And when these guys are trying to tell us is: that they're so stupid that they think that 2020 is the first time the government has asked them to surrender their freedoms for the common good.

They're not this stupid, of course. They're just venting. Let them vent all they like.

And when this is over? They'll go right back to supporting the thousands of laws the restrict freedoms every day....without a single thought.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:38 pm

😷
THE VIRUS ruined it skippy. And democrats are helping it stay that way. Trump Trump Harumph Trump.

Rasmussen
Among voters who Strongly Disapprove of Trump’s job performance, 70% blame him MORE THAN CHINA and the WHO for the coronavirus.

TDS And you have it bad.
Our GDP shrank more than Germany 2.2% and Eurozone 3.8%... we were down 4.8% with the second quarter to be worse...
😷
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm Regrettably so on point.

Somehow, I don't think they'd be with the the folks armed with semi-automatic weapons carrying Nazi Flags/symbols (in case you didn't know the Japanese enemy they were fighting was in with Hitler and those same Nazis). Thus using them as an example, is totally specious on your part.

While we are at historical accuracy Pete - none of them fought at Wake either which was garrisoned by U.S. Marines only and the U.S Navy was not involved having just been significantly damaged at Pearl Harbor. That said, the American Marine commander was asked by his superiors if he needed anything after repulsing the first attack and Major James Devereux USMC sent back the message, "Send us more Japs!" :lol: :lol:

As for the Midway battle, a shame you don't recall Commanders Massey, Lindsey and Waldron - maybe someday you will notice how they, in a completely different way, intrinsically contributed to the same incredible victory for which the three you name are rightfully famous. You also neglected to mention Lt Cdr Max Leslie commander of VB-3 operating from USS Yorktown (as their regular carrier USS Saratoga was in drydock with battle damage) whose squadron of SBD dive bombers did in a third enemy carrier simultaneously to McCluskey/Best.

As with most other stuff you post here, you are woefully ill-informed while claiming to know it all.....which you obviously don't because that's what internet trolls like you do. :oops: :oops:
That government education keeps letting him down.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:38 pm

😷

Rasmussen

TDS And you have it bad.
Our GDP shrank more than Germany 2.2% and Eurozone 3.8%... we were down 4.8% with the second quarter to be worse...
😷
Was 6ft thinking the Rasmussen poll represents a delusional POV?

Of course the Chinese gov't made tragic mistakes. Of course WHO made mistakes (much less so).

But you really do need to be delusional not to see Trump's performance as epically bad, and not getting better either. The latter really is the problem, the failure to learn, to adjust, to improve, to take bloody responsibility!

I can see screwing up, legitimately thinking this thing couldn't possibly be this bad, dragging one's feet at first...but gotta recognize one's errors, own'em, and figure out how to make better decisions going forward...but Trump's tripling down on stupid and irresponsible...

American citizens are paying a very large price for having elected this incompetent, corrupt, ego maniac.
Bart

Post by Bart »

a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.
I am curious as to what manufacturing infrastructure we should be building? I would think the infrastructure that needs to be build will be dependent on the type of vaccine that ultimately gets the go ahead.

An live attenuated virus vaccine needs different demands than a sub unit vaccine like the HPV vaccine. These two strategies are diffident than the more recently developed DNA vaccine or a recombinant vector vaccine.

Currently it seems that Astrazenica/Oxford University's recombinant adenoviral vaccine to the Covid-19 spike proteins shows great promise. Do we take the gamble and create the infrastructure to mass produce this particular one? Are we willing to cover the cost of ramping up production on a potential vaccine in case it flops in the end?
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:54 am this article is complete nonsense. if companies could make a buck producing tests, they would. they can't.
comparing test and trace to south korea, once again, is complete nonsense. give a realistic scenario and data like the la times attempted to.
there is no way, no how that companies can magically produce 150,000,000 tests per month for supplies, reagent, lab capacity, etc.
must be real easy to sit in front of a laptop and talk about rainbows and unicorns.
...but if Trump had started in Dec, we'd have it by now.
Comparisons to S Korea or Germany are just plain stupid.
Compare us to the rest of W Europe, for a realistic comparison.
We're the large group of open societies attempting something close to accurate, honest reporting,
...& it's still a SWAG.
old salt

Post by old salt »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:41 pm
Excuse me but was the CDC nonexistent in January? How bout the NIH? What about the Coronavirus task force? Any of our multiple overlapping intelligence agencies? 100's of thousands folks on the taxpayers payroll sitting around picking their noses waiting for Trump to tell them how to handle tis pesky new virus. During a February 29 broadcast on NBC's "Today Show," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that at that time the government was still not advising people to change their daily habits to avoid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump Trump Harumph Trump. 4 years of your bleating.
Couldn't start making a test until China gave us the samples (via the WHO)

How did Trump slow down the CDC & FDA ? Deny them overtime ?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:18 pm
Excuse me but was the CDC nonexistent in January? How bout the NIH? What about the Coronavirus task force? Any of our multiple overlapping intelligence agencies? 100's of thousands folks on the taxpayers payroll sitting around picking their noses waiting for Trump to tell them how to handle tis pesky new virus. During a February 29 broadcast on NBC's "Today Show," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that at that time the government was still not advising people to change their daily habits to avoid the coronavirus pandemic.

Sequence published in min Jan. French also did it before end of that month (sequenced).
a fan

Post by a fan »

Bart wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.
I am curious as to what manufacturing infrastructure we should be building? I would think the infrastructure that needs to be build will be dependent on the type of vaccine that ultimately gets the go ahead.
You build the infrastructure for all potential needs. It could cost a billion a year for such facilities, and if it made it so that we had a fully available vaccine 30 days earlier? It would pay for itself, and then some.

Or do you think this isn't going to happen again?
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:32 pm
old salt wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Sequence published in min Jan. French also did it before end of that month (sequenced).
# They Choose To Defend Trump.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”