All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

normandy.jpg
normandy.jpg (88.45 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

maybe i should have been more clear. the author states in his closing and as a premise we can be celebrating life, liberty, etc. by the 4th of july.
just change testing from what we have now to 20 times that by tomorrow.
no due diligence, no roadmap for being able to accomplish that. just do that and we're good.
he iterates (a number i heard as well but didn't see it backed up) we have latent capacity to do 2 million tests a day, but now do 300k. why don't we do 2 million? to answer this, you can't say "because donald trump won't let them." or "donald trump doesn't incentivize them."
show me why or replies about trump or anything else don't matter. this is the greatest opportunity in a testing company's existence to push out everything they can. for goodwill and profit.
they are boosting capacity at the clip they're capable of. could it be faster somehow? probably. how much faster? i don't know. do you? ok, explain how you come up with your numbers. what do industry veterans tell you?
but the author's plan is based on him saying instead of 300k, let's spend and that will get us 5 million tomorrow and even though i have no homework to back that up, that's the plan.
i assume he left out the "let's go!!" off at the end by accident.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:40 pm(picture removed)
Total death toll for the Normandy battle (not just the invasion) is roughly 150K including both sides and the civilians killed. Total death toll for COVID-19 is at the very minimum over 300K, and may very well be double that number - AT THIS POINT.

It is not the survival rate (which the picture has almost certainly wrong by a few tenths of a percent BTW) but the fact that unlike the Normandy battle, this one is going to persist for many months at a minimum.
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's pretty simple, wgdsr, and I put this at Congress' feet, too.

How would your business change if you could test everyone who showed up for work?

Think of what the clarity would be like. Right now, you cannot tell if your business has an outbreak until it's too late.

Now picture how much economic damage is happening without that clarity. How many billions do we lose per month without that testing?

Now add in how much we've blown on bailouts? Now add in how insanely helpful it would be to find hundreds of thousands had/have Covid that we don't know about....this would make the death rate plummet, making everyone feel more comfortable going about their business.

It's MORONIC that we aren't treating manufacturing infrastructure for vaccines and testing as if we're at the height of WWII.

Can no one add and subtract in Washington DC?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

all true. none of which addresses anything i said.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.

And the cost to do this, relative to the current economic damage, is a pittance.

And I do not understand why Congress and Trump aren't fixing that...this infrastructure cannot be built without Federal funding.

And after watching what Covid has done to our economy, wouldn't you think that our Nation needs that infrastructure on hand for future events?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm maybe i should have been more clear. the author states in his closing and as a premise we can be celebrating life, liberty, etc. by the 4th of july.
no due diligence, no roadmap for being able to accomplish that. just do that and we're good.
he iterates (a number i heard as well but didn't see it backed up) we have latent capacity to do 2 million tests a day, but now do 300k. why don't we do 2 million? to answer this, you can't say "because donald trump won't let them." or "donald trump doesn't incentivize them."
show me why or replies about trump or anything else don't matter. this is the greatest opportunity in a testing company's existence to push out everything they can. for goodwill and profit.
they are boosting capacity at the clip they're capable of. could it be faster somehow? probably. how much faster? i don't know. do you? ok, explain how you come up with your numbers. what do industry veterans tell you?
but the author's plan is based on him saying instead of 300k, let's spend and that will get us 5 million tomorrow and even though i have no homework to back that up, that's the plan.
If the federal government made it a priority in January instead of March we would be 2 months further along...say where we are going to be in July. I can say “Trump didn’t provide an incentive early enough”. Doesn’t mean we aren’t trying now.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm maybe i should have been more clear. the author states in his closing and as a premise we can be celebrating life, liberty, etc. by the 4th of july.
If the federal government made it a priority in January instead of March we would be 2 months further along...say where we are going to be in July. I can say “Trump didn’t provide an incentive early enough”. Doesn’t mean we aren’t trying now.
Excuse me but was the CDC nonexistent in January? How bout the NIH? What about the Coronavirus task force? Any of our multiple overlapping intelligence agencies? 100's of thousands folks on the taxpayers payroll sitting around picking their noses waiting for Trump to tell them how to handle tis pesky new virus. During a February 29 broadcast on NBC's "Today Show," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that at that time the government was still not advising people to change their daily habits to avoid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump Trump Harumph Trump. 4 years of your bleating.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:08 pm
Total death toll for the Normandy battle (not just the invasion) is roughly 150K including both sides and the civilians killed. Total death toll for COVID-19 is at the very minimum over 300K, and may very well be double that number - AT THIS POINT.

It is not the survival rate (which the picture has almost certainly wrong by a few tenths of a percent BTW) but the fact that unlike the Normandy battle, this one is going to persist for many months at a minimum.
Ah so according to you coronavirus is worse than D-Day. Gotcha
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But are we really trying? even now?

Sure does not appear to be with the sort of scale of resolve that would be necessary, right?

After all, Trump keeps talking down the necessity of testing being helpful and at the same times crowing about how many tests are being done as if actually enough...what's the message to the troops? Heck, to the generals?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.

And the cost to do this, relative to the current economic damage, is a pittance.

And I do not understand why Congress and Trump aren't fixing that...this infrastructure cannot be built without Federal funding.

And after watching what Covid has done to our economy, wouldn't you think that our Nation needs that infrastructure on hand for future events?
yes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:44 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Ah so according to you coronavirus is worse than D-Day. Gotcha
"worse"??

It's a dumb comparison to begin with.

But yeah, more deaths by COVID-19...but a heck of a lot more deaths per hour at Normandy...but does this need to be about "worse"?

Very different events.

If you wanted to get at least a closer analogy between a WWII event and Covid-19 (forced as such analogies are!), I'd suggest the long, "Battle of Britain" and the "Blitz". The Brits battled the Germans in the air and water, took a pounding over and over and over again, but kept a 'stiff upper lip' overall.

But hey, perhaps you think the populace walked around the streets as if all ok when the bombs were dropping?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Sure does not appear to be with the sort of scale of resolve that would be necessary, right?

After all, Trump keeps talking down the necessity of testing being helpful and at the same times crowing about how many tests are being done as if actually enough...what's the message to the troops? Heck, to the generals?
Just poor execution. Much like everything else he as run.....Real estate is easy, by comparison. That’s why people dabble in it as a side hustle.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:40 pmnormandy.jpg

Regrettably so on point.

I watched a special last night about Wade McCluskey, Richard Best, and Dusty Kleiss (WW2 dive bombers, Battle of Midway, Wake etc...). Do you think any of them would call themselves a Democrat today?

Seriously sad situation with one party.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:48 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

yes.
;)
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Just poor execution. Much like everything else he as run.....Real estate is easy, by comparison. That’s why people dabble in it as a side hustle.
Jeezus. 9 weeks ago The economy was soaring. Everyone was employed and the market was about to crack 30,000. ISIS was gone. New trade deals with China Mexico Canada and Europe. Yep poor execution. Do you even read what you write?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Regrettably so on point.

I watched a special last night about Wade McCluskey, Richard Best, and Dusty Kleiss (WW2 dive bombers, Battle of Midway, Wake etc...). Do you think any of them would call themselves a Democrat today?

More nonsense. And as MD pointed out - not even a good kind of comparison. But it fits your "he-man" notion of war - and that you think the other side (and other side is exactly how you think) does not fit. So for you an apt comparison, no matter how bad it is in real life.

You are SO predictable...
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Regrettably so on point.

More nonsense. And as MD pointed out - not even a good kind of comparison. But it fits your "he-man" notion of war - and that you think the other side (and other side is exactly how you think) does not fit. So for you an apt comparison, no matter how bad it is in real life.

And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And wear the fn masks they tell you to wear

I find it harder and harder to believe any of you folks ever played lacrosse.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Regrettably so on point.

And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And wear the fn masks they tell you to wear

I find it harder and harder to believe any of you folks ever played lacrosse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this is what this board has come down to me as well. Very good declaration. lol
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Regrettably so on point.

And you're so scared. Make sure you stand in the circles GOVERNMENT draws for you in the grass. And listen to the drones when they tell you to get back in the circle. And where the fn masks they tell you to wear
Bull. I live in a area that is quite safe. While I don't go out every day (don't need to for my job for the most part), I do visit friends a few times a week, go to stores, and even church (where we encourage most not to show up - typical Sunday attendance is about 15). But I am not stupid when I do go out.

You are so invested in a stereotype of what you think others are you are failing to actually see them for what they really are. Blinded by the stereotype in fact.

Return to “POLITICS”