All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 am

Come on, please don't go personal with this.

The critique of hypocritical 'Christians' is fine, but let's not do it personally.

BTW, I think you can find lots of people who "practice the generosity and human kindness taught by the New Testament" who are indeed Christians (whether one means evangelicals or includes mainline, Mormons, etc too). some or Republicans, some Dems, some neither.

Likewise you can find these same traits and practices among those who are from a myriad of religions, and from those with no particular religious faith. IMO, no one has an exclusive on this. It does bother me when religious folks claim that their version alone has such an 'exclusive' or that those who do not believe in a higher power necessarily have it right either.

I think your critique is that some of those who proclaim the loudest their devout beliefs often are the least in their actual alignment with these values. And in America, most of that group doing so as "Christians" have aligned in the GOP. I agree.

Let the record show that the right wing threw the first shot with the words "you are wasting your time and energy trying to have a conversation with this person''. You would be well advised to direct your suggestion about getting personal to the one who did so, not the one who replied to that criticism.

I think most of us would readily accept the rest of your comment.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am
6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:30 am
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being indoors statistically safer.
This was brought up a 4-5 weeks ago. UV lightning in places where people congregate. Not sure how to get a powerful light inside the body though.
What I meant was, killing the virus in the air recirculation system of buildings....in the ductwork.

If you already have the virus, UV isn't going to help. Someone needs to point that out to Trump, obviously.
Yes. I saw that. That’s a good idea as well. Really a need on something like an airplane. I was just pointing out that using UV rays in the environment has been postulated. Trump’s use of it was mangled as usual. Just how he is. Nothing new. Anyone that has had to deal with him off camera knows he is not the smartest guy. His mental capacity is sliding in front of the nation’s eyes. I have heard from people that said I told them but they didn’t really believe it because “he is Donald Trump”. I will give him credit for his ability to brand himself and gain publicity.
Says the Joe Biden supporter! :lol:
I will vote for a tree stump.
Which might be more alert than Joe.
Might as well call him a rapist too, while you're at it.

This election will be a referendum on Trump, not Biden.

Unlike 2016, he will not be underestimated.

In many ways, he's been "underestimated" all his life, skating along on enormous wealth on the edge of societal norms.
We found his egotism entertaining. So, we cut him slack.

But his dishonesty and venality have been always underestimated by many, in every aspect of his life, throughout his life.

Personal life, professional life, no more than a master con man.

Yet women married him, investors lost money with him...again and again and again. Burned. Yet others attracted to the flame.

But he's never had this degree of actual attention and challenge.

Will his dishonesty and venality be underestimated in November?
Will his incompetence?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 am

Come on, please don't go personal with this.

The critique of hypocritical 'Christians' is fine, but let's not do it personally.

BTW, I think you can find lots of people who "practice the generosity and human kindness taught by the New Testament" who are indeed Christians (whether one means evangelicals or includes mainline, Mormons, etc too). some or Republicans, some Dems, some neither.

Likewise you can find these same traits and practices among those who are from a myriad of religions, and from those with no particular religious faith. IMO, no one has an exclusive on this. It does bother me when religious folks claim that their version alone has such an 'exclusive' or that those who do not believe in a higher power necessarily have it right either.

I think your critique is that some of those who proclaim the loudest their devout beliefs often are the least in their actual alignment with these values. And in America, most of that group doing so as "Christians" have aligned in the GOP. I agree.

Let the record show that the right wing threw the first shot with the words "you are wasting your time and energy trying to have a conversation with this person''. You would be well advised to direct your suggestion about getting personal to the one who did so, not the one who replied to that criticism.

I think most of us would readily accept the rest of your comment.
Agreed, let my comments apply to all.
I have no say in this other than to implore my fellow posters to not go personal on one another.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still sounds like “well he did it first” such as my 5yr old daughter uses frequently w my 7yr old son.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:15 am Still sounds like “well he did it first” such as my 5yr old daughter uses frequently w my 7yr old son.
or the Israelis and Palestinians.

Or Sicilians...or...

Payback is a b-tch.

Human nature.

But we can also take a deep breath...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Payback is a b-tch.

God punishes.

A phrase commonly used by professing Christians. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

[flash=][/flash]
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:39 am
Payback is a b-tch.

God punishes.

A phrase commonly used by professing Christians. :lol:

Well I’m into existentialism, and if it weren’t I’d be Buddhist living my experience in Nepal about 8-9yrs ago, so not worried about any gods.

Also had to deal with a lot of trash growing up in Binghamton, including petty weed dealers who literally rung a buddies doorbell and blasted him in the mouth with a hammer over less than $500 when we were in high school, so pretty aware of payback from a tough guy perspective.

I used to tell my girlfriend, now wife, that if she pulled any pranks I’d come back 10x so think before acting and she ultimately learned the hard way. (As in she gets me w a half glass of water and I dump a bucket on her in very mild spring DC weather, not like “come here and take your Beaton’).

So all this tough guy talk, be it religious or otherwise sounds like a joke from folks on a lacrosse politics forum.

Point
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Take a minute and listen to this and then realize how great many of the people in this country are despite the tough times we are enduring.
A retired Kansas farmer whose family is in the high risk pool, sent an extra N95 mask to the NY Governor requesting that he give it to a health worker on the front lines in NY.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Well I’m into existentialism ...
growing up in Binghamton ...
pranks ...
Point

Binghamton! Huh, huh.

Try growing up in the East New York section of Brooklyn - worse ghetto in USA history. Even the NHL's toughest dude Nicky Fotiu said he carried a large knife in his coat pocket whenever he went by my neck of the woods on his way to hockey school. Poor dude was scared shttless to having to cross the same streets I crossed every day.

As for pranks, I had a pal in law school who used to pull pranks on everybody. But he made the biggest mistake of his life when he did so on me. It would take too long to explain how I git him back but 30 years later he and our circle of pals still laugh over the way I stuck it to him.

Yup, God punishes.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I used to run around Hunts Point where I had some family. Right there w Bushwick and other parts of Brooklyn I’m pretty sure.

And Tie Domi was pretty tough too...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

With two young adults at home, it had me thinking.....given what we know about underlying conditions and morbidity, would it not be cheaper if the government provided some form of disability for the at risk population and let most people get back to work? This could be a solution until we develop a therapeutic or a vaccine? It would be much less expensive, no? It just crossed my mind. Has anyone else considered that?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Disability insurance pmts are kind of a mess already. It’s one program that’s expanded too much in the past 20yrs.

Very clear that we are in for a very government, top down society for a generation whatever the outcome. Folks better prepare for it.

Brooklyn if you’re so tough how come you busy out the “he did it first” petty nonsense? That’s a biyach move.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:10 pm Disability insurance pmts are kind of a mess already. It’s one program that’s expanded too much in the past 20yrs.

Very clear that we are in for a very government, top down society for a generation whatever the outcome. Folks better prepare for it.

Brooklyn if you’re so tough how come you busy out the “he did it first” petty nonsense? That’s a biyach move.
This would be much cheaper than the trillions we are going to spend and the lost economic activity. Hell, companies would be happy to pay it or help fund it. I should get 2&20 for the idea.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:10 pm Disability insurance pmts are kind of a mess already. It’s one program that’s expanded too much in the past 20yrs.

This would be much cheaper than the trillions we are going to spend and the lost economic activity. Hell, companies would be happy to pay it or help fund it. I should get 2&20 for the idea.
Nobody gets 2% anymore and between the hurdle rate and high water mark claw backs good luck on the promote.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Nobody gets 2% anymore and between the hurdle rate and high water mark claw backs good luck on the promote.
Trying to get on the government gravy train.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 pm I used to run around Hunts Point where I had some family. Right there w Bushwick and other parts of Brooklyn I’m pretty sure.

And Tie Domi was pretty tough too...

Funny how right wing delusionals always defend each other but never criticize them for throwing the first punch in an argument.

Yeah, Tie was pretty tough but he couldn't take on Probie.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m a right wing delusional? Damn I get accused By Cradle, OS and Peter Brown-eye of being something liberal pole smoker and now you’re weak sauce is coming my way?

You’re a Fng clown. You just complain like a little baby. You give reasonable discourse as bad of a name as bandito. Same crap just other side.

How about you man up and stand on your own two feet instead of being a whiny gimp who has to say “he did it first” like a dumbass pre school girl? That’s some gilded soft stuff.

Talk talk talk. I doubt you are anything but a fragilista who claims others as your own.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Just to prove a point, I won't retaliate. ;)

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of course, you already took your shot. Weak.

Return to “POLITICS”