Where Would Petro Fit Best?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Where Would Petro Fit Best?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Joe wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:16 pm In regard to Petro… My son committed to Hopkins in September. He is Matt constantinides Fogo. Petro was the master recruiter. He seemed to really care for Petro allot. He is devastated he is not coming back... a bit lost. My son was recruited by Providence, Albany, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse. Petro was the only coach that asked about his family, interests, even asked for a tour of his room on zoom lately. Matt felt a connection with him as soon as he walked on campus. Maybe old school, but right off the bat really cared about the kids.
Have you checked out Hobart and William Smith? Greg Raymond is cut from Petro’s cloth. We love a good fogo too
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Parputt

Post by Parputt »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:18 pm
Joe wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:16 pm In regard to Petro… My son committed to Hopkins in September. He is Matt constantinides Fogo. Petro was the master recruiter. He seemed to really care for Petro allot. He is devastated he is not coming back... a bit lost. My son was recruited by Providence, Albany, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse. Petro was the only coach that asked about his family, interests, even asked for a tour of his room on zoom lately. Matt felt a connection with him as soon as he walked on campus. Maybe old school, but right off the bat really cared about the kids.
The bigger question for you: Has Tillman, or anyone else for that matter, tried to poach your son yet? :lol:
Kids are resilient and can surprise you with their ability to bounce back and make the best of their situation. Hopefully he finds his fit regardless of who the coach is.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The bigger question for you: Has Tillman, or anyone else for that matter, tried to poach your son yet? :lol:
:lol: :lol: So very true.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Joe

Post by Joe »

No....He's Hopkins bound regardless
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Parputt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:14 pm
ZulbertiSocks wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:12 pm I'm not sure what all the debate is. It's pretty simple. If Nadelen gets the Hopkins job, Petro goes to Towson. That's it.
Agree!!
I don’t think so.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:33 pm
Have you checked out Hobart and William Smith? Greg Raymond is cut from Petro’s cloth. We love a good fogo too
Wait a minute ... are you really trying to poach one of OUR FOGOs on this forum?!? :shock: :o

Leggo our FOGO!

I’m serious ....

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Parputt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:43 pm
Cooter wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:16 pm Over the last 5 seasons
Nick Myers 44-26, .629 with a trip to the NCAA final
Dave Pietramala 38-31, .551
OSU has not even sniffed any remote success since! There is way more to the story than that stat line which proves nothing! Look at their schedules/opponents over that time frame. Hop dosent play mostly rollovers during non-conference play as OSU mostly does with the exception of their old conference foes ND and Denver. Hop also has more B1G tournament wins and appearances and NCAA births over that time, so yea there's that. Again, NO COMPARISON! That's embarrassing to even try to compare them. Seriously.
That’s simply not true.

Now if Nick Meyer just isn’t liked, by Alumni, by the OSU AD or similar, that’s another matter.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm [quote=Farfromgeneva post_id=139130 time=<a href="tel:1587497592">1587497592</a> user_id=1206]
[quote=Joe post_id=139071 time=<a href="tel:1587493006">1587493006</a> user_id=2663]
In regard to Petro… My son committed to Hopkins in September. He is Matt constantinides Fogo. Petro was the master recruiter. He seemed to really care for Petro allot. He is devastated he is not coming back... a bit lost. My son was recruited by Providence, Albany, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse. Petro was the only coach that asked about his family, interests, even asked for a tour of his room on zoom lately. Matt felt a connection with him as soon as he walked on campus. Maybe old school, but right off the bat really cared about the kids.
[/quote]

Wait a minute ... are you really trying to poach one of OUR FOGOs on this forum?!? :shock: :o

Leggo our FOGO!

I’m serious ....

DocBarrister ;)
[/quote]

Yup. If I could I’d be taking Joey Epstein to Peter Lugers every night until he said yes to Geneva. :).

I know it’s not happening at all but even the 5% chance that Raymond went to Hop and brought Holden, Delpha and Luccesi would’ve given me one of Red Fox’s “big ones” from Sanford and Son.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:42 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm [quote=Farfromgeneva post_id=139130 time=<a href="tel:1587497592">1587497592</a> user_id=1206]
[quote=Joe post_id=139071 time=<a href="tel:1587493006">1587493006</a> user_id=2663]
In regard to Petro… My son committed to Hopkins in September. He is Matt constantinides Fogo. Petro was the master recruiter. He seemed to really care for Petro allot. He is devastated he is not coming back... a bit lost. My son was recruited by Providence, Albany, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse. Petro was the only coach that asked about his family, interests, even asked for a tour of his room on zoom lately. Matt felt a connection with him as soon as he walked on campus. Maybe old school, but right off the bat really cared about the kids.

Leggo our FOGO!

I’m serious ....

DocBarrister ;)
[/quote]

Yup. If I could I’d be taking Joey Epstein to Peter Lugers every night until he said yes to Geneva. :).

I know it’s not happening at all but even the 5% chance that Raymond went to Hop and brought Holden, Delpha and Luccesi would’ve given me one of Red Fox’s “big ones” from Sanford and Son.
[/quote]

Heh.

DocBarrister :D
@DocBarrister
Parputt

Post by Parputt »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:41 pm
OSU has not even sniffed any remote success since! There is way more to the story than that stat line which proves nothing! Look at their schedules/opponents over that time frame. Hop dosent play mostly rollovers during non-conference play as OSU mostly does with the exception of their old conference foes ND and Denver. Hop also has more B1G tournament wins and appearances and NCAA births over that time, so yea there's that. Again, NO COMPARISON! That's embarrassing to even try to compare them. Seriously.
That’s simply not true.

Now if Nick Meyer just isn’t liked, by Alumni, by the OSU AD or similar, that’s another matter.

Has nothing to do with being "liked" he was comparing the records from past 5 years to make a point about the better coach and their OOC schedules. And, since he counted 2020 record, so will I.
Making the B1G Tourney: OSU 2/5 - Hop 4/5
NCAA Tourney: OSU 2/5 - Hop 4/5
OSU OC Schedule: Detroit Mercy, Hofstra, Cleveland State, Bellarmine...
Hop OC schedule: Loyola, SU, UNC, Princton, UVA...

Petro - HOF Coaching and Playing Legend
Myers -

And to be clear, these numbers are a small select sample of a 20 year career compared to another's really only relevant few years. Having a hard time understanding whats not true. Different definition of "success" I guess. All facts, that's it.
Last edited by Parputt on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:35 pm
:lol: :lol: So very true.
Joe wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm No....He's Hopkins bound regardless
ok, so only notre dame is in the mix, then.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Lol nope they have a 2021...His buddy will Lynch
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Parputt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:15 pm
That’s simply not true.

Has nothing to do with being "liked" he was comparing the records from past 5 years to make a point about the better coach and their OOC schedules. And since he counted 2020 record, so will I.

Myers -

Having a hard time understanding whats not true. Different definition of "success" I guess. All facts, that's it.
If Meyers is so awesome, shouldn't he be on the Hopkins short list?!
He is young, and an "up and comer," no? With head coaching experience in the B1G.
Seems like a no-brainer IF he was better than Petro.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm
Parputt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:15 pm
That’s simply not true.

Has nothing to do with being "liked" he was comparing the records from past 5 years to make a point about the better coach and their OOC schedules. And since he counted 2020 record, so will I.

Myers -

Having a hard time understanding whats not true. Different definition of "success" I guess. All facts, that's it.
He is young, and an "up and comer," no? With head coaching experience in the B1G.
Not sure Hopkins would ever raid a B1G team for a coach.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm
ZulbertiSocks wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:12 pm I'm not sure what all the debate is. It's pretty simple. If Nadelen gets the Hopkins job, Petro goes to Towson. That's it.
Agree!!
I don’t think so.
Me either. Try reading the Towson thread. See if you can find anyone there who wants Petro …
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Tillman and Tiffany aren't on Hopkins' list either.
Live Free or Die!
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 pm
10stone5 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm
Agree!!
I don’t think so.
Me either. Try reading the Towson thread. See if you can find anyone there who wants Petro …
I would like Petro, I just don't understand the idea that it's a guarantee, 100% sure thing to happen the way the "they'll just swap, book it!" people seem to think
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

At Hopkins with a raise .
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

At this point, would Myers leave OSU for JHU? Is that an upgrade(other than location to other teams-- although Denver has done fine)?
Last edited by FMUBart on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

stupefied wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 pm At Hopkins with a raise .
Madogiwazoku ?

I doubt he would have gone for that, even if it had been offered to him.
Last edited by 44WeWantMore on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”