Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

Been a little busy today. I had a feeling my post wound find soft targets. :lol:

So it was a leadership course by one of your guys, Neil de Grasse Tyson. I actually find him to be a very effective spokesman even though we don’t line up on most issues.

Anyway, Dmac is correct, it’s no earth shattering revelation. American media is biased in a way which is hard to describe. You’ve got LA’s Gil Garcetti (D) telling illegal immigrants today that his police are forbidden from working with ICE, while Bill de Blasio (D) wants residents to narc on residents. That sound you hear from our national media: silence.

That other sound: Michigan taxpayers are racist proud boys.

The game is so easy to play when you know the rules. :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes. And your rules are, post stuff that confirms your worldview, and ignore anything that doesn't.

It's a game for children, partisans, and fools. Or all three at once.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hard to keep up with the dozens of daily instances where Democrats are feeling comfortably authoritarian these days, but my absolute favorite is that pile of Goldman Sachs dung Phil Murphy arresting a woman in New Jersey who protested his stay at home orders. Impressive! Arresting a woman who wants to work :lol:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/ ... order.html

Battling Punxsutawney Phil for authoritarian reactionism has to be that giant dolt de Blasio who has pinned perhaps the single most ratio’ed tweet in Twitter’s history asking his citizens to snitch on each other.

Democrats new tag line: Do the Reich Thing.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

“Do the Reich Thing” - snitch on your fellow neighbors and businesses:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... akers/amp/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:50 pm Yes. And your rules are, post stuff that confirms your worldview, and ignore anything that doesn't.

It's a game for children, partisans, and fools. Or all three at once.
+1
Troll: Rinse, repeat
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Can anyone tell me what the incentive is to NOT try to gain illegal entry into the United States if Democrats control the border?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... immigrants
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Remind me what Party Bill De Blasio belongs to again? :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ncing.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Stupid Party. On this there is nearly universal agreement.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:25 am Punxsutawney Phil [Murphy]
I guess Panhandle Pete never selected geography when he was on Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is this how TDS feels?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:58 pm Is this how TDS feels?

Twitter is funny. Trump discovered that drug?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

You can't blame the Illinois Dems for lack of chutzpah!

Hey US taxpayers: want to bailout Chicago and Illinois fraud?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2 ... 41-billion

I present to you, ladies and gents, the American Democratic Party!

:lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I wasn't certain where to put this post, in the Elections, Media Matters, SCOTUS, or here.

This article is just a brutal takedown of the media's incredible hypocrisy between Christine Blasey Ford/Kavanaugh and Tara Reade/Biden. If you read it, there is simply no way you can make any argument that our media doesn't work hand in glove with the DNC. Brutal for Ruth Marcus among others.

Scary how deceptive and partisan our media is.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/20/do ... -campaign/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:13 pm I wasn't certain where to put this post, in the Elections, Media Matters, SCOTUS, or here.

This article is just a brutal takedown of the media's incredible hypocrisy between Christine Blasey Ford/Kavanaugh and Tara Reade/Biden. If you read it, there is simply no way you can make any argument that our media doesn't work hand in glove with the DNC.
:lol:

The Federalist has a seach function. Wanna take a wild guess as to how many stories your "The Federalist" has run on Tara Reade?......not media criticism, mind you. How many stories have THEY run on the ACTUAL Biden-Reade story?

One. :lol:

This means that the Federalist has run more stories complaining about how "other media" isn't running enough coverage on the story...than they have actually written on the story itself.

Guess what that means, Pete? The WaPo has run MORE stories than the Federalist has on Tara Reade and Biden. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice job, Petey! You're really outdoing yourself on this one.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:13 pm I wasn't certain where to put this post, in the Elections, Media Matters, SCOTUS, or here.

This article is just a brutal takedown of the media's incredible hypocrisy between Christine Blasey Ford/Kavanaugh and Tara Reade/Biden. If you read it, there is simply no way you can make any argument that our media doesn't work hand in glove with the DNC. Brutal for Ruth Marcus among others.

Yawn. It may or may not be a fair criticism of the press to compare their respective coverages of the two stories. What such comparison clearly does not do, however, is shed any additional light on whether Reade’s new (yes, they are brand new) allegations have any merit.

Reade now says she made a written report at the time. So let’s see it. Does it mention digital penetration? If not, the credibility of her new contention heads south pretty quickly. And don’t forget. She was fired and thus could well be a disgruntled former employee.

Bottom line Pete. If you believe her and if that is important enough to you, don’t vote for Biden.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:58 pm Is this how TDS feels?

Definitely funny.
Unfortunately, it doesn't make the drug any more efficacious than it actually is.

And I'd be quite concerned about any doctor making the first statement based on how little is known for certain. However, that's just me being testy.

But it's a good joke.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Yawn. It may or may not be a fair criticism of the press to compare their respective coverages of the two stories. What such comparison clearly does not do, however, is shed any additional light on whether Reade’s new (yes, they are brand new) allegations have any merit.

Reade now says she made a written report at the time. So let’s see it. Does it mention digital penetration? If not, the credibility of her new contention heads south pretty quickly. And don’t forget. She was fired and thus could well be a disgruntled former employee.

Bottom line Pete. If you believe her and if that is important enough to you, don’t vote for Biden.
Exactly.
In fact, Please don't vote for anyone you think molested women. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

That rules out Trump, then, because he admits he grabs women by the . . . .
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:29 pm

I literally could not care less if Reade’s story is true or fake. My point is about the uneven standards of our media as clearly evidenced in this example; Republicans bad, Democrats good. It’s funnier that Democrats keep trying to deny the beyond-obvious.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:44 pm It’s funnier that Democrats keep trying to deny the beyond-obvious.
If by that you mean that the two stories have been given different treatment in the press, I don’t necessarily disagree. One quibble is that the Ford story is essentially over (old news now). I don’t think the Reade story is over yet. So to do a true and complete comparison, we may need to wait until after the election.

Return to “POLITICS”