All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:24 pm This happens every flu season:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/health/d ... index.html
Makes you wonder why don't they show and report on things like this every flu season.
Tell me about it... this probably happens all the time. MSM didn't have Trump around to make him look bad... you should head down to the soup kitchen and greet everyone with no gloves or mask and don't wash your hands...
I have been working in this since day 1...just like every other year of my working life. I am not going to allow something that has impacted ~0.17% of our population run my life. And of the total population only .003% are classified as serious. Blessed to be considered an essential employee and doing my part, as little as it may be.
Me either. Head down to the soup kitchen. I am sure they can use another hand.
Are you implying that is what you are doing?
I am working everyday like I always have. Good thing my profession is considered essential... :roll: I am not headed to a soup kitchen because all my life, I have taken public health seriously...your calculus may be wrong btw, you have to calculate the incidence in your zip code (if that’s not what you have done)....

# Love you some Trump
What is the reason you added an eye roll? My math is just fine when I based it on cases/total population and serious cases/population. I do not work in my zip code I am in multiple zip codes daily.
I am sure many people here are in professions considered essential :roll: Sort of like many people here have faith... :roll: people only get Coronavirus where they work? :roll: since you are in multiple zip codes, you have to determine the rate of incidence in those zip codes. I am assuming one isn’t in Wyoming so that state doesn’t matter....that’s how probability and statistics work... :roll:
Sorry you are having a tough time today TLD, maybe you ‘should’ go to your local soup kitchen and do something positive and selfless to avoid being so negative.
So pointing out how math works is negative? :lol: Everyday is a great day. You should know that.... :roll:
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm I’ll be very interested in seeing this “legal brief” Trump says he will provide to outline the “authority” he claims he has to override and effectively rescind the stay at home and other physical distancing orders put in place by the governors.

He has no such authority, and he knows that. This is simply a political game of his so he can blame the governors during the election campaign for not reopening their states on the timetable he wants. Is he really so dumb as to not realize how transparent he is? Guess so.

Or, nefariously, is he going to deny further aid to states that don’t reopen?
He fools 40% of the nation on a daily basis. :roll:

Looks like Cali, Oregon and Washington are forming a coalition to define how they jointly will return to something like normal. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Mass, Pennsylvania and Delaware are doing the same thing. Providing regional solutions.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:21 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm I’ll be very interested in seeing this “legal brief” Trump says he will provide to outline the “authority” he claims he has to override and effectively rescind the stay at home and other physical distancing orders put in place by the governors.

He has no such authority, and he knows that. This is simply a political game of his so he can blame the governors during the election campaign for not reopening their states on the timetable he wants. Is he really so dumb as to not realize how transparent he is? Guess so.

Looks like Cali, Oregon and Washington are forming a coalition to define how they jointly will return to something like normal. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Mass, Pennsylvania and Delaware are doing the same thing. Providing regional solutions.
east coast guys should probably follow the west coast rec's.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Makes you wonder why don't they show and report on things like this every flu season.
Tell me about it... this probably happens all the time. MSM didn't have Trump around to make him look bad... you should head down to the soup kitchen and greet everyone with no gloves or mask and don't wash your hands...
I have been working in this since day 1...just like every other year of my working life. I am not going to allow something that has impacted ~0.17% of our population run my life. And of the total population only .003% are classified as serious. Blessed to be considered an essential employee and doing my part, as little as it may be.
I am working everyday like I always have. Good thing my profession is considered essential... :roll: I am not headed to a soup kitchen because all my life, I have taken public health seriously...your calculus may be wrong btw, you have to calculate the incidence in your zip code (if that’s not what you have done)....

# Love you some Trump
What is the reason you added an eye roll? My math is just fine when I based it on cases/total population and serious cases/population. I do not work in my zip code I am in multiple zip codes daily.
I am sure many people here are in professions considered essential :roll: Sort of like many people here have faith... :roll: people only get Coronavirus where they work? :roll: since you are in multiple zip codes, you have to determine the rate of incidence in those zip codes. I am assuming one isn’t in Wyoming so that state doesn’t matter....that’s how probability and statistics work... :roll:
Sorry you are having a tough time today TLD, maybe you ‘should’ go to your local soup kitchen and do something positive and selfless to avoid being so negative.
So pointing out how math works is negative? :lol: Everyday is a great day. You should know that.... :roll:
Could care less about your disagreement with my math, it was your looking down at people that serve in a soup kitchen as if those that do do not care about their health.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 pm

I suspect they will be very similar.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:00 pm

# Love you some Trump
Could care less about your disagreement with my math, it was your looking down at people that serve in a soup kitchen as if those that do do not care about their health.
You are projecting. I don’t look down at people that work at soup kitchens or people that rely on soup kitchens for meals. I would take my kids to a local soup kitchen so that they could help those less fortunate they they are. I spent a summer delivering meals on wheels. I would not do that today without taking public health precautions given this pandemic. My point is that you are acting like Coronavirus is no big deal. Put your money where your mouth is and go mingle with strangers and don’t wear a mask, gloves or wash your hands. A positive attitude will see you through.... :roll:

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/latam-f ... e-populism
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:46 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 pm

I suspect they will be very similar.
let's hope so this time.
Typical Lax Dad

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... distancing

88% of the people hospitalized with Coronavirus in Brazil never make it out alive. It is no different than the flu.
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Interestingly enough, this is what a lot of the founders were thinking regarding stuff like this. The nation was so big and spread out it was almost impossible to think of a unified national political party or country that we see today. A Republican party or government in New York was going to be very different from a Republican Party or government in Virginia due to the slow communication and travel and vastly different regional needs. Neighboring states had a lot more similar needs than states thousands of miles away.

The coronavirus is taking us back in time in more ways than one. We'll see what the Fed has to say about it.
Typical Lax Dad

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:42 pm
Nigel wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:25 pm Hey everybody, I’ve figured out the vaccine and it’s CRACK!
That sh*t is wack, and RACIST!
I’m not sure if that’s said facetiously or seriously.
The former.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
DocBarrister

Rise of the Empire

Post by DocBarrister »

Well, that’s the cover story. This West Coast move is actually the first clandestine step towards secession and the eventual formation of the United Empire of the Pacific (“United Empire”), led by California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii. The Imperial Capital will be located in Rancho Cucamonga.

The United Empire will be among the wealthiest nations in the world, and will have the best hiking trails in all of human history. Eating avocados will be mandatory.

That is all.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I can only hope and pray that you're right doc.

We do need a couple of those nuke-armed subs in Bangor WA to pull it off.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

South Dakota’s governor resisted ordering people to stay home. Now it has one of the nation’s largest coronavirus hot spots.

As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home.

Such edicts to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus, Gov. Kristi L. Noem said disparagingly, reflected a “herd mentality.” It was up to individuals — not government — to decide whether “to exercise their right to work, to worship and to play. Or to even stay at home.”

And besides, the first-term Republican told reporters at a briefing this month, “South Dakota is not New York City.”

But now South Dakota is home to one of the largest single coronavirus clusters anywhere in the United States, with more than 300 workers at a giant ­pork-processing plant falling ill. With the case numbers continuing to spike, the company was forced to announce the indefinite closure of the facility Sunday, threatening the U.S. food supply.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:13 pm
South Dakota’s governor resisted ordering people to stay home. Now it has one of the nation’s largest coronavirus hot spots.

As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home.

Such edicts to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus, Gov. Kristi L. Noem said disparagingly, reflected a “herd mentality.” It was up to individuals — not government — to decide whether “to exercise their right to work, to worship and to play. Or to even stay at home.”

And besides, the first-term Republican told reporters at a briefing this month, “South Dakota is not New York City.”

But now South Dakota is home to one of the largest single coronavirus clusters anywhere in the United States, with more than 300 workers at a giant ­pork-processing plant falling ill. With the case numbers continuing to spike, the company was forced to announce the indefinite closure of the facility Sunday, threatening the U.S. food supply.
Gonna give them all chloroquine, a pat on the ass, then back to work, and declare them cured.
DocBarrister

Re: Rise of the Empire

Post by DocBarrister »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:12 pm I can only hope and pray that you're right doc.

We do need a couple of those nuke-armed subs in Bangor WA to pull it off.
Yes, we will annex the Trident Base, plus all of the In-N-Out Burger restaurants.

We will be unstoppable!

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm and now his authority is total...

And now Pence doubles down on National Emergency Act ...power is total. "plenary"

nah, nothing to worry about with these guys.
After 3 mos of whining about lack of Presidential leadership & dumping everything on the Governors, all of a sudden the WH press corps are states rights advocates. .:lol:.

The WH is going to give the Governors the political cover they need by providing CDC data about which zip codes are safe to open up & when.
If there's a second wave, they can blame Trump. If not, they can take the credit.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Makes you wonder, what next - will the food chain be tainted with the virus? Will it kill people through food, beverage, and water contamination? Bird droppings? Etc ....
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm and now his authority is total...

And now Pence doubles down on National Emergency Act ...power is total. "plenary"

nah, nothing to worry about with these guys.
After 3 mos of whining about lack of Presidential leadership & dumping everything on the Governors, all of a sudden the WH press corps are states rights advocates. .:lol:.

The WH is going to give the Governors the political cover they need by providing CDC data about which zip codes are safe to open up & when.
If there's a second wave, they can blame Trump. If not, they can take the credit.
Keep hoping that Trump will get a clue, Salty.

Nope, Trump can't order states to close or to open. He can recommend only.
Unless what, martial law? forcing people out of their homes???

He does have extraordinary powers to tell businesses to re-direct their output, but hasn't used that power to any real effect. He does have the ability to federalize production and distribution of key elements, testing, PPE, ventilators, etc...but they haven't done it.

And he does have an enormous bully pulpit. He used it to enormously ill effect.

He's going to continue to flail and flail and flail. He'll whine and whine and whine about how awful the press is for not recognizing what a Very Stable Genius he really is and he will blame absolutely anyone and everyone for his own shortcomings.

and guys like you will keep giving all that a pass...because you agree with some of his policies...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Makes you wonder, what next - will the food chain be tainted with the virus? Will it kill people through food, beverage, and water contamination? Bird droppings? Etc ....
Does not appear to be the case, thank goodness, awful enough as it is.

But a panic in the food supply chain is a very real threat.
Total social breakdown if that happens.

Return to “POLITICS”