All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm

I disagree. What our POTUS does with his megaphone impacts lives.

That's relevant to the thread.

Not that this particular tweet wouldn't also find a home at Orange Duce, but that thread doesn't have anything specific to COVID-19.
Venn diagram.

this reply is more deserving of that +1000
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm I think Fauci is setting Orange Duce up. He is now talking about how we have to be prepared for a recurrence in the fall. Some research does indicate that CV (all flavors) is sensitive to hot humid weather. COVID-19 similarly. I don't think Fauci believes the evidence supports total disappearance under such conditions, only a lessening. He knows that we aren't going to have established enough herd immunity that this supposed seasonal effect will mean it is going to magically disappear (as Trump thinks). By making this statement, he is saying something Trump wants to hear (Trump thinks he is right). Fauci knows we will likely have a second wave starting late summer, early fall. This is just a means to get Trump to understand it ain't over when infections lessen when we come out of "lockdown" in early summer.

Yes sir Mr. President, you sure are smart. It's seasonal. We will just have to "lockdown" again.

Laying the ground work.
That also has the advantage of being a solid strategy.

Fauci & Birx are going to let the data drive the strategy.

Exactly. It makes another "lockdown" a lot more palatable.

1031 at 11PM EDT.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

United States in Crisis

Post by DocBarrister »

Trump, our so-called wartime president, is losing the war against coronavirus badly.

68,203 total cases

13,347 new cases just today

1,027 total deaths

247 new deaths just today (first day with 200+ deaths)

The United States may surpass China in total cases tomorrow.

Trump and Pence need to get their act together, or they should both resign and let someone competent like Speaker Pelosi take over the war.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia canceled Easter Sunday Services. Someone with a brain. Did Orange Duce give them permission?? Some Trumpnista congregations will decide his ass holiness knows best and they will go ahead and hold services.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Trouble with the Corona Virus and Reliable Statistics:

Making decisions with bad data.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-f ... able-data/
calourie

Post by calourie »

Dated article Kra. There is enough good data being accumulated out there on the cases being identified and the deaths accruing to make some intelligent assumptions about the extent and timing of this scourge without knowing what the death rate might end up being if everyone were to be tested.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

We have good data, deaths/capita and it's rate of growth. There is no confusion as to the size of the population. Death from the disease, may have a little mixing with other causes (like traditional flu), but there is enough clinical distinction that the experienced clinicians aren't making significant errors all across the country or world. This is the best kind of data and we are paying a high price for it. We won't know the totals for how much of the population was infected until we test the entire population for antibodies.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3/25/2020 per capita numbers (past 24 hrs from roughly 7:30 3/24/20 pm to 7:30 pm 3/25/20)

Easily the worst day yet in the US

US Cases per Capita --> 19.8 per 100,000
US Deaths per Capita --> 2.9 per million

States with highest per capita infection (per 100,000)
Note format change to (Infection/100,000 ; rate of change) (Deaths/million; rate of change)

New York (158.5; 20%) (14.7; 36%)
New Jersey (44,6; 20%) (7.0; 41%)
Louisiana (38.6; 29%) (14.0; 41%)
Washington (32.5; 6%) (16.4; 8%)
Massachusetts (26.7; 59%) (2.2; 36%)
District of Columbia (26.5; 33%) (2.8; 0%)
Connecticut (24.5; 42%) (5.3; 58%)
Michigan (23.0; 28%) (4.3; 79%)
Vermont (20.0; 32%) (12.8; 14%)
Colorado (15.8; 26%) (1.9; 38%)
Illinois (14.7; 21%) (1.3; 0%)
Tennessee (13.4; 26%) (2.2; 50%)
Mississippi (12.7; 18%) (1.0; 200%)
Rhode Island (12.5; 6%) (0.0; 0%)
Delaware (12.2; 14%) (0.0; 0%)
Georgia (11.7; 22%) (3.8; 25%)
Wisconsin (10.7; 29%) (1.2; 40%)
Utah (10.6; 14%) (.3; 0%)
Maine (10.6; 20%) (0.0; 0%)
Nevada (10.5; 16%) (1.9; 50%)

US deaths in the last 24 hours is 32% greater than the deaths for the previous 24 hours
US new cases in the last 24 hours is 22% greater than the new cases in the previous 24 hours

Four new state have joined the club, recording their first death in the past 24 hours

North Carolina
Iowa
New Mexico
Alaska

Notes:
-- National death rate growth is once again outstripping the infection rate growth (3 of the last 4 reports)
-- Washington State is definitely slowing down, but it hasn’t turned yet.
-- 5 new states join the list of states with greater than 10 infections per 100,000.
-- New England continues to bloom.
-- The upper Midwest continues to bloom.
-- Only 4 states have double digit deaths per million. Washington 16.4; New York 14.7; Louisiana 14.0 and Vermont 12.8
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Obama left Trump a pandemic plan to follow. But the plan was hidden where Trump could never find it. In a book.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/2 ... cil-149285

G-7 failed to agree on statement after U.S. insisted on calling coronavirus outbreak "Wuhan virus" It’s all about the branding, shifting blame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

https://babylonbee.com/news/pr-disaster ... oronavirus
PR Disaster: President Xi Forgets To Remove 'Made In China' Tags From Coronavirus
March 25th, 2020

BEIJING—In a PR disaster for the Communist government of China, President Xi Jinping suddenly realized he forgot to take off the "Made in China" tags from all copies of the coronavirus his government shipped all over the world.

"Oh, shoot, I knew I forgot something," the totalitarian Communist president muttered as his scientists examined COVID-19 viruses under microscopes and realized every copy of the virus had the telltale tag attached. "All this time I've been trying to blame America for this thing and the evidence was right there."

"How embarrassing!" Luckily for the Communists, the American media immediately began calling anyone who pointed out the tags' existence a racist, buying the CCP some time to deal with the PR fiasco.

The CCP has issued a recall on the virus, asking everyone with copies of the novel Wuhan coronavirus to ship them back to mainland China so the tags can be replaced with new ones reading "Made by Evil Pig-Dog President Trump."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am https://babylonbee.com/news/pr-disaster ... oronavirus
PR Disaster: President Xi Forgets To Remove 'Made In China' Tags From Coronavirus
March 25th, 2020

BEIJING—In a PR disaster for the Communist government of China, President Xi Jinping suddenly realized he forgot to take off the "Made in China" tags from all copies of the coronavirus his government shipped all over the world.

"Oh, shoot, I knew I forgot something," the totalitarian Communist president muttered as his scientists examined COVID-19 viruses under microscopes and realized every copy of the virus had the telltale tag attached. "All this time I've been trying to blame America for this thing and the evidence was right there."

"How embarrassing!" Luckily for the Communists, the American media immediately began calling anyone who pointed out the tags' existence a racist, buying the CCP some time to deal with the PR fiasco.

The CCP has issued a recall on the virus, asking everyone with copies of the novel Wuhan coronavirus to ship them back to mainland China so the tags can be replaced with new ones reading "Made by Evil Pig-Dog President Trump."

:lol: That is funny, and as a gentle reminder, it's good to laugh even in the most difficult times.

Btw, Coronavirus has leveled up TDS to Ultra Hyper TDS Alpha. I see above this post that the following characters have utilized this board not to post any relevant information but instead to exercise their TDS for the day: JHU72 (4x), Brooklyn, Trinity, and DocBarrister. Must be an interesting way to live every second.
6ftstick

Re: United States in Crisis

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm Trump, our so-called wartime president, is losing the war against coronavirus badly.

68,203 total cases

1,027 total deaths

Trump and Pence need to get their act together, or they should both resign and let someone competent like Speaker Pelosi take over the war.

Pelosi. She's more interested in carbon footprints and diversity on Corporate boards than in fighting the disease.

Its a good thing you weren't on Eisenhowers staff before D-Day—where the estimates suggested 40% casualties. You'd be telling him what's a few more years of Nazis. Its too scary to go. Thank God for leadership.

I prefer to listen to Dr Birx who lectured "the sky is falling" types to calm down,
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am Obama left Trump a pandemic plan to follow. But the plan was hidden where Trump could never find it. In a book.

The transition was awful. The Trump administrations attitude was basically, Don't bother, get out. That this good work was ignored is far from a surprise.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am Obama left Trump a pandemic plan to follow. But the plan was hidden where Trump could never find it. In a book.

G-7 failed to agree on statement after U.S. insisted on calling coronavirus outbreak "Wuhan virus" It’s all about the branding, shifting blame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
The pandemic plan has been uploaded: https://t.co/KCkpInN8BP

You too can read it. Designed to be EASY to use, and actually has really useful stuff. Decisions that need to be made in a pandemic.

So when the admin says no one could have foreseen - they had a document that foresaw all sorts of possibilities!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 am

The transition was awful. The Trump administrations attitude was basically, Don't bother, get out. That this good work was ignored is far from a surprise.
Once again note s\a single attribution. Nobody on the record as to the truth of the administrations response.

Buried deep in the article

a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year

That doesn't sound like anything was ignored.
Peter Brown

Re: United States in Crisis

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm Trump, our so-called wartime president, is losing the war against coronavirus badly.

68,203 total cases

1,027 total deaths

Pelosi. She's more interested in carbon footprints and diversity on Corporate boards than in fighting the disease.

Its a good thing you weren't on Eisenhowers staff before D-Day—where the estimates suggested 40% casualties. You'd be telling him what's a few more years of Nazis. Its too scary to go. Thank God for leadership.

I prefer to listen to Dr Birx who lectured "the sky is falling" types to calm down,

The funny thing is, I don't think Nancy cares one fig about carbon footprints (she took a government G-450 back to DC from SF on Saturday, with one staffer onboard) nor Corporate Board diversity (her husband - and her net worth - is a control shareholder in many companies; I'd be willing to bet my entire net worth the boards of the companies that his firm controls does not select board members according to sex or race). She did this to pander to voting blocs.

She should be held accountable but one thing you should have learned these past few years is the Democrat voting bloc is easily swayed by optics.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 am

Once again note s\a single attribution. Nobody on the record as to the truth of the administrations response.

Buried deep in the article

a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year

That doesn't sound like anything was ignored.
The upper administration did - because their response did not follow much of anything in the playbook. The result of the simulation from last fall was buried. And ignored.

We have their response - the lack of action, lack of coordination, lack of concern. In other words - what they did, not what they said.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:26 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am https://babylonbee.com/news/pr-disaster ... oronavirus
March 25th, 2020

:lol: That is funny, and as a gentle reminder, it's good to laugh even in the most difficult times.

Btw, Coronavirus has leveled up TDS to Ultra Hyper TDS Alpha. I see above this post that the following characters have utilized this board not to post any relevant information but instead to exercise their TDS for the day: JHU72 (4x), Brooklyn, Trinity, and DocBarrister. Must be an interesting way to live every second.
So true! And you've certainly forgotten to mention others PB...

I've been calling BS/nonsense on these characters for years now whose hate for the POTUS rules their very existence... no objectivity, no logic, and their instincts suck, despite being considered intelligent people.

That makes me a "Trumpist" I guess :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 am
March 25th, 2020

I've been calling BS/nonsense on these characters for years now whose hate for the POTUS rules their very existence... no objectivity, no logic, and their instincts suck, despite being considered intelligent people.

ya think?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 am
March 25th, 2020

ya think?
Right on cue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”