D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Re: Cornell 2020

Post by faircornell »

Great article. Thanks for sharing.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

From the article: "While Teat has since garnered no shortage of accolades, Inside Lacrosse’s No. 1 ranked recruit in his class and the three-time All-American somehow now seems underrated. When IL compiled a list of the best 50 players in the college game before this season, Teat was 29th. It follows a trend of pundits souring on Teat.

“Hahahahahahahahahaha teat at 29th,” Joel Tinney bellowed on Instagram.

Tinney wasn’t laughing at his Canadian national team teammate. He was disagreeing with whoever put together the list for the magazine.

“I was pretty disappointed in that ranking,” Tinney says. “I don’t think Jeff is getting any credit right now, which is ridiculous.”

According to Tinney, the disrespect stems from appearances.

“This guy doesn’t look like an athlete,” he says. “He looks like he might be a skateboarder. With a soaking wet t-shirt on, he’s probably 140 pounds.”

Yes, 29th is ridiculous, and maybe his appearance has something to do with it... but I'd say it also has to do with how easy and simple JT51 makes it look. He's not flashy (kinda the opposite of Ament in that regard, I'd say), and JT makes terrific plays look effortless, like any player could/should or would have been able to make them. One of the pictures in the article is from the 2018 ILT final against Yale, when Cornell beat the eventual national champions 14-8; that was a marvelous day for Teat and Cornell, although something of a shock for this Yale fan. In any case, JT51 deserves all the accolades he's received and more.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

FannOLax wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm
From the article: "While Teat has since garnered no shortage of accolades, Inside Lacrosse’s No. 1 ranked recruit in his class and the three-time All-American somehow now seems underrated. When IL compiled a list of the best 50 players in the college game before this season, Teat was 29th. It follows a trend of pundits souring on Teat.

“Hahahahahahahahahaha teat at 29th,” Joel Tinney bellowed on Instagram.

Tinney wasn’t laughing at his Canadian national team teammate. He was disagreeing with whoever put together the list for the magazine.

“I was pretty disappointed in that ranking,” Tinney says. “I don’t think Jeff is getting any credit right now, which is ridiculous.”

According to Tinney, the disrespect stems from appearances.

“This guy doesn’t look like an athlete,” he says. “He looks like he might be a skateboarder. With a soaking wet t-shirt on, he’s probably 140 pounds.”

Yes, 29th is ridiculous, and maybe his appearance has something to do with it... but I'd say it also has to do with how easy and simple JT51 makes it look. He's not flashy (kinda the opposite of Ament in that regard, I'd say), and JT makes terrific plays look effortless, like any player could/should or would have been able to make them. One of the pictures in the article is from the 2018 ILT final against Yale, when Cornell beat the eventual national champions 14-8; that was a marvelous day for Teat and Cornell, although something of a shock for this Yale fan. In any case, JT51 deserves all the accolades he's received and more.
Great comment. Ament is a highly accomplished player and a great athlete. The difference, at the margin, is that JT51 creates moves and passes "in process" in a manner that is seldom seen in the game. As I have noted at least once on this thread (and apologies for repetition) friends from the STREAK teams who were back for that reunion were amazed at his passing and reaction time. These were people at the AA level of accomplishment, had seen enough lacrosse to understand these distinctions.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

JT51 creates moves and passes "in process" in a manner that is seldom seen in the game
yep- that's how i'd describe it. it's almost unorthodox at times.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

Would be great to have Teat and Salvatore back next year, with Follows coming in, Salvatore could go back to long pole. We also get another 5 star attackman from Delbarton that I’m sure would benefit playing a year with Jeff Teat..... who says there’s a disadvantage for high school seniors, how much is a year with Jeff Teat worth.....
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

Look out for three excellent Canadian recruits in September - Dalton, Graham, and Cook. I really like their game on tape.
Also, another fan tells me that Hugh Kelleher from Nassau County may turn out to be a big time player. Perhaps "Connor Fletcher(2)."
Last edited by VeryRustyRed on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

From the video of seen of Kelleher playing both lax and football, he’s one heckuva athlete. Not to say he’ll be as good as Connor Bucek, but he reminds be of him.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Kelleher is rougher around the edges than Buczek, but definitely a high potential player. Follows, CJ Kirst, and the other 3 Canadians have already been mentioned. Don't forget about Psyllos, who will create a great one two punch with Petrakis. Two other very good poles, too. All in all, one of our better recruiting classes.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I'm reluctant to post COVID-19 matters here, but as many are probably aware by now Cornell commencement has been rescheduled to an undetermined future date.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Went to visit Jacob F Schoellkopf at Forest Lawn this afternoon. I told him that the lacrosse season is over and that the probable national championship is over.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:37 pm Went to visit Jacob F Schoellkopf at Forest Lawn this afternoon. I told him that the lacrosse season is over and that the probable national championship is over.
JacobSch.jpg
JacobSch.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Went to visit Jacob F Schoellkopf at Forest Lawn this afternoon. I told him that the lacrosse season is over and that the probable national championship is over.
I would imagine he was quite upset....
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Another Long Island guy is heading to Cornell.... Mark Psylos fogo Manhasset.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Scroll up a little. In my prior post, I mentioned that Psyllos and Petrakis would be an excellent fogo duo.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

SMAIN wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm
I would imagine he was quite upset....
The earth shook.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:28 am Best Cornell squad to represent??

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/03/25/t ... -all-time/
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:28 am Best Cornell squad to represent??

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/03/25/t ... -all-time/

The 1976 Cornell team. Every starter was an All America selection, 4 on the first team. Only team with an NCAA playoff shutout, 14-0 over W&L. Undefeated. Attack of French, Levine and McEneaney averaged over 15 points/game. Chris Kane who was 1st team AA in 77 and 78, winning the Schmeisser Award both years didn't start in 76. Started the 42 game winning streak still the record.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone have any idea why Hobart and Cornell didn’t play in 1977?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”