Pick the Winners pool option

D1 Womens Lacrosse
brandonv

Re: Pick the Winners pool option

Post by brandonv »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:54 am
brandonv wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:03 pm Right I have used that inside lacrosse before. But it does not indicate where games are played, makes it tough to determine things like neutral site games.
That’s true. In that case, no biggie. I can always go to a team’s website if I really want to research a matchup.
So I was sitting here looking at this thing, and trying to look at a way it would have a broader appeal. I took my D3 approach to it because D3s sheer volume of games is just not something I think I can invest my time into or would people enjoy the grind of 200+ game selection weeks. I do the entire Men's D1 schedule it is kind of high 40s of games a week, I think a few times over 50. Not a huge deal to do, or for that matter to select.

So, I was looking at the D1 Women's schedule and the ballpark is a little under 100 games a week. I think from my end I could manage grinding that out over a couple of days. Do you think it would have more appeal because it would offer more to fans of teams not inside the top 25 or would it be too much to select? If I did it that way I would definitely not tag home teams or Neutral sites, it would be too much to cross-reference, would you rather I focused my energy on that and posting ranked teams rankings each week? If I am not waiting for rankings I can do a build-out of the schedule in advance when I have down time so I can get a few weeks ahead. Just some options I was hoping you could help me with.

Aside from that, we have a group of 15 pretty astute fans playing this week. The scores are all very good. But Seacoaster leads us all with 16 of 17 (UC Davis upset no one had) heading out of the weekend.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

brandonv wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:28 pm Aside from that, we have a group of 15 pretty astute fans playing this week. The scores are all very good. But Seacoaster leads us all with 16 of 17 (UC Davis upset no one had) heading out of the weekend.
I may have missed this in the thread....Is there a page where the results are posted? I know Seacoaster is very smart, but I wanted to see how stoopid I was. :oops:
brandonv

Post by brandonv »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:37 pm
brandonv wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:28 pm Aside from that, we have a group of 15 pretty astute fans playing this week. The scores are all very good. But Seacoaster leads us all with 16 of 17 (UC Davis upset no one had) heading out of the weekend.
I may have missed this in the thread....Is there a page where the results are posted? I know Seacoaster is very smart, but I wanted to see how stoopid I was. :oops:
Note over yet. Seacoaster is just the leader after the weekend. On Thursday night I will post the results link.
brandonv

Post by brandonv »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:37 pm
I guess I could be a little more helpful. I just updated for Monday. Seacoaster continues the lead at 18, but you are at 17 along with Bob, Spartanslynx and Myself.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”