Holy Cross

D1 Mens Lacrosse
crusader66

Holy Cross 2019

Post by crusader66 »

Boys back on campus. New coaching staff, new shot clock, new energy! Lets go!
HCBosfan

Re: Holy Cross 2019

Post by HCBosfan »

Here we go. Hearing great things off the hill. New Shot clock, new offense. We are deep in Defense and our fogo is awesome. Hoping we pick up some decent freshman. Sounds like there is a big incoming class which will mean cuts, did not loose enough seniors to add that many freshman. Here is to competing for positions.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Good run test showing by team. 90% passed
Flyersfan

Post by Flyersfan »

Weight test to follow; looking forward to a great season.
HCBosfan

Post by HCBosfan »

Practice started this week, time to find out who wants to play.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

When does schedule usually get announced?
Flyersfan

Post by Flyersfan »

Officially around Christmas
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Just the start of Chips 4 month investigation process

https://sports.yahoo.com/chip-kelly-run ... 37524.html
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Good vibes coming out of the mens lax. Hi energy practices, kids excited about season. Lets keep it going and translate to success this season
Flyersfan

Post by Flyersfan »

Great golf outing yesterday; great to see all the alumni back
and all the current and new players. Real positive energy building up on the Hill
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Def gonna be a different look this year. Hopefully athletes and shot clock bring more exciting lax
HCBosfan

Post by HCBosfan »

Burke running things like he was taught at Bucknell, players are competing everyday. Have a couple of good freshman that have fit in immediately. Players were at the Alumni game and said it was a 180 difference from last year. Team is tight and they are enjoying playing. These young coaches are plugging in energy and lots of gym time. Kids look BIG right now. Saw 13 and that kid has put on 20 pounds of muscle since last season. That was a big take away that I noticed immediately. Cuts are coming as well, need to get the team to reasonable number. So much for kids not wanting to play at HC, there is an abundance of players.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Cuts done. Scrimmage tomorrow in Holy Cross Nor'Easter type weather. Lets Go!!!
HCBosfan

Post by HCBosfan »

Team looked very good. Not sure how good Hartford is but the score was 8-2 in the first half, then the coach switched out the 1's. I was particularly impressed with the ball handling and defense. I thing fogo wise it was 90% win. Even in the second half we were well north of 50%. Weather was an issue but there were not many turn overs, in fact the ball was snapping out of the sticks which shows a lot of confidence. Burke has done a great job getting the players ready and they all looked fast and big. Lots of new faces playing, the freshman class is making an impact right away. The returners, are just better and in sync. I leave it at that.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Couldn't agree more. They looked good. No more methodical, robotic play. Burke has them playing quicker brand of lacrosse and lets them use their skillsets as advantage. On both ends of the field. As BosFan said, not sure how good Hartford is but happy with how we played for sure.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Hey FlyerFan- where the heck are you?
Flyersfan

Post by Flyersfan »

I’m still drying off from Saturday; truly Crusader weather. I concur with all that has been said. Team is playing with extreme confidence and aggressive all over the field . We dominated on both ends of the field. I don’t believe Hartford is very good; the fogo and attack losses hurt them . But on the positive side we had freshman contributors as well as the upperclassmen looking very good . I had the score 10-2 at half ; whatever it was it was a great start for the boys and the coaching staff . Coach Burke has these men all pulling in the same direction; such a pleasure to be around this team . Next test Rutgers 1/19/19 big game in the Dirty Jerz . Let’s Go Crusaders Beat BU , oops
HCBosfan

Post by HCBosfan »

Heard there has been a lot of recruits on the campus as well. Burke was recruiting anyway and is still very involved with getting on the road and looking at talent, especially in the greater Boston area. From all the coaches in the last 10 years this was very needed. A St. Seb's guy with a good reputation is the right guy for HC.
crusader66

Post by crusader66 »

Agreed, making all the right moves right now and kids love coaching staff. Breath of fresh air
Sllaxdad

Post by Sllaxdad »

Love the enthusiasm but can we move past the digs at JL. The fact that he landed at another PL school in our recruiting area should be enough said. Coach B stands on his own merit and deserves our support without constantly comparing to prior years for which he was a staff member as well. He deserves a clean slate. Go Saders.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”