SWEET Doubleheader on ACC Network Saturday

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

SWEET Doubleheader on ACC Network Saturday

Post by wlaxnut »

89DE5145-8914-4452-97B8-2DB89EDA7731.jpeg
89DE5145-8914-4452-97B8-2DB89EDA7731.jpeg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Wow! Two stellar matchups this Saturday. First, the Northwestern Wildcats travel to North Carolina to help the Tar Heels open their brand spanking new stadium at 12:30. Then, a matchup of two hot teams in the ACC – Virginia at Syracuse at 4pm. There are some other interesting matchups that will be streamed live on Saturday, but I am looking forward to these two as the main course.

Happy to see so many more women’s lacrosse games streamed and televised this year. A marked increase from last season.
seacoaster

Re: SWEET Doubleheader on ACC Network Saturday

Post by seacoaster »

Agreed; two really fun games. I think, though, that Carolina will bury Northwestern.

The Syracuse -- Virginia game could be a repeat version of last year's 16-15 defense optional game. I have seen UVA twice this year, and was pretty impressed with the way they just kept plugging away against a tough Princeton team, winning 14-9 or something like that. UVA has good and skilled players on the circle, and should compete better than Loyola did against Syracuse for draws.

Looking forward to both. Maybe get a report from our guy from Liverpool (?) in the Dome?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, no doubt I'll have something to say about the game right after I watch it on TV. Mlaxers start at noon, seven, or so, hours is a long time to spend (by both definitions) in the Dome, particularly when you can't step out and come back in.
As a nit picky and insignificant side, who the hell writes military time with a colon??
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:07 pm I think, though, that Carolina will bury Northwestern.
I wouldn’t be surprised. For all NU’s talent, they don’t seem to be able to beat the elite teams like UNC and Maryland, among others—but I’d love to see them spoil the party and beat the Heels. Sure would be a great regular season win for them—their biggest in years. They’ll have shots at BC a week from Saturday and Maryland in a month (both at home) if they fail Saturday.
DMac

Post by DMac »

That's cuz they don't have Trix Dowd anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxPFh6F74mo
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Yeah--one great player can often be the difference.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”