Hopkins to ACC?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Hopkins to ACC?

Post by LaxDadMax »

Anyone else hearing this rumor? Normally, I don't post rumor, but I've heard from three different folks so there could be something to it.

Hearing that Hopkins men may move to ACC as lax-only associate member as soon as 2025.

Driven by the Hopkins ladies getting removed from big ten due to big ten expansion. Women would join AAC as associate members.

No idea if true or not, but makes tons of sense in terms of travel, quality of opponents, etc. Plus it would give ACC ability to have tourney with auto bid.
wgdsr

Re: Hopkins to ACC?

Post by wgdsr »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:04 pm Anyone else hearing this rumor? Normally, I don't post rumor, but I've heard from three different folks so there could be something to it.

Hearing that Hopkins men may move to ACC as lax-only associate member as soon as 2025.

Driven by the Hopkins ladies getting removed from big ten due to big ten expansion. Women would join AAC as associate members.

No idea if true or not, but makes tons of sense in terms of travel, quality of opponents, etc. Plus it would give ACC ability to have tourney with auto bid.
maybe you could start with where it's been published the women are getting kicked out of the b1g? or are you just funnin' with us, as that makes no sense?

the acc men don't need an autobid.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

ACC doesn’t accept associate members, I guess unless you are Notre Dame. So I highly doubt this is true. In a logical world, yes, Hopkins wouldn’t be in the same conference as USC. But none of this conference realignment is logical.

Did you really mean the women would join the AAC and not the ACC? Why wouldn’t they join the ACC as well? Perhaps just a typo.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

Powellfan22 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:47 pm ACC doesn’t accept associate members, I guess unless you are Notre Dame. So I highly doubt this is true. In a logical world, yes, Hopkins wouldn’t be in the same conference as USC. But none of this conference realignment is logical.

Did you really mean the women would join the AAC and not the ACC? Why wouldn’t they join the ACC as well? Perhaps just a typo.
As the ACC is adding Stanford what's the difference?
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

mdk01 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:31 pm
Powellfan22 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:47 pm ACC doesn’t accept associate members, I guess unless you are Notre Dame. So I highly doubt this is true. In a logical world, yes, Hopkins wouldn’t be in the same conference as USC. But none of this conference realignment is logical.

As the ACC is adding Stanford and Cal what's the difference?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

mdk01 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:32 pm

As the ACC is adding Stanford and Cal what's the difference?
Plus Notre Dames relationship. I think this argument doesn’t work today or has the last few years.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

ACC doesn’t accept associate members?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

ACC is adding Stanford for all sports. For Hopkins it would just be lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Powellfan22 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:51 am

ACC is adding Stanford for all sports. For Hopkins it would just be lacrosse.
Well you can claim Notre dame is football only but A. It’s an association that’s not full so basically means they absolutely will take associate members if they want to and, B. Nothing that happened last year, let along 3-5yrs ago, is any precedent for what’s going to happen going forward in college Athletics. Any reliance on any statement, prior SFR otherwise wise to form a forecast of the future would be entirely specious. Haven’t you been paying attention to some bold declarations around here, see NCAA reorg thread, some repeated by a few folks who haven’t been right yet and continue to be wrong?
coda

Post by coda »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:04 pm Anyone else hearing this rumor? Normally, I don't post rumor, but I've heard from three different folks so there could be something to it.

I cant imagine that Hopkins would officially leave the Big 10. I am sure someone here would know, but the Big 10 Academic Alliance funds about 10B of research throughout the Big 10. I am guessing that is actually important to Hopkins. Secondly, the ACC as a conference is not in a very good position. I would not place a big bet on the ACC's membership being unchanged in 2025..
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Not happening
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

can we go back to this question of whether something has occurred or is about to occur with women's lax and Big 10 ? Or not?

Any details on that?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 am

I cant imagine that Hopkins would officially leave the Big 10. I am sure someone here would know, but the Big 10 Academic Alliance funds about 10B of research throughout the Big 10. I am guessing that is actually important to Hopkins. Secondly, the ACC as a conference is not in a very good position. I would not place a big bet on the ACC's membership being unchanged in 2025..
Hopkins didn’t need the money before and sharing with Nebraska and Iowa can’t be that much of an anchor.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Hopkins unfortunately wouldn't be able to compete with ACC as they have been on the decline for years. ACC wants skill not new helmets every game day.
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:46 am
coda wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 am

Hopkins didn’t need the money before and sharing with Nebraska and Iowa can’t be that much of an anchor.
I was wrong, they are not members of the CIC. Figured Hopkins is a natural for that along with University of Chicago.
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

TheRaven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:19 am Hopkins unfortunately wouldn't be able to compete with ACC as they have been on the decline for years. ACC wants skill not new helmets every game day.
I could not agree more, even after they decided to drop the STX Rival the helmet game cannot save them from a Duke or Syracuse meat slap. Petro is gonna smile from ear to ear when he gets to slap his old stomping grounds every year.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:44 am can we go back to this question of whether something has occurred or is about to occur with women's lax and Big 10 ? Or not?

Any details on that?
After seeing this thread i posed question on another forum where there are posters who are plugged in to Hopkins women’s team. They are not aware of this rumor.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Since when did we start allowing women a say in these things?!??
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:44 am can we go back to this question of whether something has occurred or is about to occur with women's lax and Big 10 ? Or not?

Any details on that?
After seeing this thread i posed question on another forum where there are posters who are plugged in to Hopkins women’s team. They are not aware of this rumor.
👍
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Some years ago Loyola and Hopkins wete discussed as potential members of the ACC bs k when they wanted to se ure an auto bid. The lax schools supported the non lax rejected. The AD at Wake said “ Hopkins will win an ACC title over my dead body”. A lot has changed in a short period of time but having rejected Hopkins once i don’t see it changing. Also under the original B1G contract Hopkins had a window to withdraw after year 5 and did not. I conot recall the B1G having an out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”