Le Moyne to D1

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ALaudico7

Le Moyne to D1

Post by ALaudico7 »

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2023/05 ... -fall.html
Le Moyne is moving to D1 starting in the fall. Have to assume the will be involved in the transfer portal, both with players coming and going.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Le Moyne to D1

Post by SCLaxAttack »

ALaudico7 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:28 pm https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2023/05 ... -fall.html
Le Moyne is moving to D1 starting in the fall. Have to assume the will be involved in the transfer portal, both with players coming and going.
So does the NEC jump back into men's lax? LeMoyne along with full conference members SHU, LIU, and Wagner who made the MAAC overstuffed this year, along with full member Merrimack returning from a year in the AE? If this happens which school would be pulled in from where to make six and an AQ?
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I hope it isn't Hobart. The A10 is a great set of teams to compete with. Lots of 1 point games. Maybe St Bonnie's?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Heard Cleveland State, Detroit and Robert Morris will join. Not sure of others though. I just know they'll be leaving the ASUN.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

ALaudico7 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:28 pm https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2023/05 ... -fall.html
The NCAA designated transition period for moving from D II to D I may preclude inbound transfers. Kudos to those that are coming into the program and those already in and staying. CNY certainly has some really good DI teams for the '24 season.
Last edited by oldbartman on Thu May 11, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmen1986

Post by gmen1986 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:26 pm Heard Cleveland State, Detroit and Robert Morris will join. Not sure of others though. I just know they'll be leaving the ASUN.
would merrimack be coming back to the NEC or stay in the america east?
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

What is the benefit for schools to make the jump?
lax13

Post by lax13 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:26 pm Heard Cleveland State, Detroit and Robert Morris will join. Not sure of others though. I just know they'll be leaving the ASUN.
Not surprised they want to leave the ASUN. These schools can't afford the travel to Utah, AF, Jacksonville, Queens. I am guessing their administrations decided that the chance of an AQ isn't worth that cost. The ASUN set up never made sense to me other than the AQ and the costs were unsustainable. All 3 of these schools are in the Horizon League so it makes sense they are staying together for this.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

If this happens and the NEC re-emerges, then that’s 10 AQs,

I suspect they’ll need to bump up the at larges to 9.

So two play ins.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

lax13 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:18 am
Not surprised they want to leave the ASUN. These schools can't afford the travel to Utah, AF, Jacksonville, Queens. I am guessing their administrations decided that the chance of an AQ isn't worth that cost. The ASUN set up never made sense to me other than the AQ and the costs were unsustainable. All 3 of these schools are in the Horizon League so it makes sense they are staying together for this.
Partly logical but the NEC treated RoMo poorly on their way out the door just a few years ago so that one would still surprise me.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

<insert welcome to the party pal> gif here
AtTheX

Post by AtTheX »

Curious... What does this mean for Freshmen and Sophomores at LeMoyne? I.E. No Conf Championship, Pushed out by other D1 transfers coming in?, tuition increase?, doing stupid fundraisers for the class of 2027?. I guess great for the school, but what affect does it have on the players? Cheers!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

AtTheX wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:45 am Curious... What does this mean for Freshmen and Sophomores at LeMoyne? I.E. No Conf Championship, Pushed out by other D1 transfers coming in?, tuition increase?, doing stupid fundraisers for the class of 2027?. I guess great for the school, but what affect does it have on the players? Cheers!
I would suspect that newer recruits would have some idea that there would be the possibility of a transition occuring... The inability of a transitioning team to participate in conference championships for a while is not uncommon.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

AtTheX wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:45 am Curious... What does this mean for Freshmen and Sophomores at LeMoyne? I.E. No Conf Championship, Pushed out by other D1 transfers coming in?, tuition increase?, doing stupid fundraisers for the class of 2027?. I guess great for the school, but what affect does it have on the players? Cheers!
Merrimack has just gone through this, and frankly handled it very well while still being competitive right away.

Coach Morgan discusses that it hasn't been easy though:

“It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my career. And I think our staff would say the same thing. When you’re motivating a group, that’s what makes this group so special. I’ve been basically motivating guys for 31 games based on the fact that it’s about Respect. It’s about playing for each other. It’s about that toughness that Merrimack grit, trying to motivate guys for many weeks when there’s no carrot at the end.”

https://laxallstars.com/merrimack-mens- ... -d2-to-d1/
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

It is crazy what D2 has lost the past few years -
beside Queens and Lindenwoods move to D1 they have lost two former champions
NYIT (3 Championships) dropped sports and Dowling (1 Championship) dropped existence

3 former champions including 4 of the last 6
LIU (3) , Merrimack (2) and now Le Moyne (6)
lax13

Post by lax13 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:08 am
lax13 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:18 am
Partly logical but the NEC treated RoMo poorly on their way out the door just a few years ago so that one would still surprise me.
I wondered about that. Maybe the Horizon 3 have another way to get to 6. Convince Bellarmine and Lindenwood to join a Horizon League lacrosse division? Maybe that's where LeMoyne goes?

Cleveland State
Detroit Mercy
Robert Morris
Bellarmine
Lindenwood
LeMoyne
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I'm jumping to the conclusion that you're suggesting this means LeMoyne would have NCAA tourney eligibility if they won any NEC post-season conference tourneys, but that may (99.99% positive) not be the case. Merrimack was still on the clock and not eligible to compete for NCAA championships this year, and even beat FDU in the NEC bball conference tourney final. FDU went on to become this year's March Madness darling while Merrimack stayed home.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Should a reclassifying institution win the NEC Tournament championship, the tournament runner-up will advance to the NCAA Tournament as the NEC's automatic qualifier as per current policy.

laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Any updates on LeMoyne schedule for 2024 or what the NEC is going to look like for 2025 when they join? Who's coming back to NEC or coming in?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”