Roanoke 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
JBFortunato

Roanoke 2023

Post by JBFortunato »

Let's get this shizzle poppin.

Couple of D1 transfers onboarding. Noah Goad (M) Canisius, and Sean Swenson (D) Siena.

Younger Kammerman is the only kid I know in the incoming freshman class, I think he should have an impact in 2023.

Six weeks to fall ball!
Jumbo

Re: Roanoke 2023

Post by Jumbo »

Here is another 22 commit for you.

Noah Bell Arundel high school (MD)
https://www.hudl.com/profile/11600301/Noah-Bell
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

The transfer from Canisius looks like a big body middie. This should help as we are losing two solid midfielders.
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

This looks like a year where the team should take a big jump. Lots of experience coming back with the bonus of getting a tournament game in against an excellent Gettysburg team. They should contend for the ODAC title!
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Is it true that Trevor Stocks has transferred? I thought he was a good player who had a lot of upside.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Roanoke at Salisbury February 12th according to the Salisbury schedule. :shock:
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:34 pm Roanoke at Salisbury February 12th according to the Salisbury schedule. :shock:
Dropped CNU though, so probably the same difference.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

What’s the word with faceoffs?
HotbedD3

Post by HotbedD3 »

Would love to see this team return to historical prowess. Siena transfer could be a big help with the zone D-- it has seemed to be lacking but Siena is known for high IQ across the board. Does anyone know what the scrimmage schedule looks like?
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I don't think the kid from Siena played much while there so not sure how much he will contribute.
This weekend is the Maroon White scrimmage. I don't think they have any scrimmages lined up against other schools this fall.
The schedule is out;
2/12 @ Salisbury
2/18 vs Sewanee
2/22 vs Averett
2/26 vs Dickinson @ US Lacrosse in MD
3/4 vs John Carroll
3/7 vs Franklin & Marshall
3/11 vs Swarthmore
3/15 vs Mary Washington
3/18 vs Ohio Wesleyan
3/25 vs VA Wesleyan
3/29 @ Guilford
4/1 vs Shenandoah
4/8 @ Lynchburg
4/12 vs Ferrum
4/15 @ Bridgewater
4/18 vs W&L
4/22 vs Hampden-Sydney
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

JustOneTime wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:27 pm I don't think the kid from Siena played much while there so not sure how much he will contribute.
This weekend is the Maroon White scrimmage. I don't think they have any scrimmages lined up against other schools this fall.
The schedule is out;
2/12 @ Salisbury
2/18 vs Sewanee
2/22 vs Averett
2/26 vs Dickinson @ US Lacrosse in MD
3/4 vs John Carroll
3/7 vs Franklin & Marshall
3/11 vs Swarthmore
3/15 vs Mary Washington
3/18 vs Ohio Wesleyan
3/25 vs VA Wesleyan
3/29 @ Guilford
4/1 vs Shenandoah
4/8 @ Lynchburg
4/12 vs Ferrum
4/15 @ Bridgewater
4/18 vs W&L
4/22 vs Hampden-Sydney
Is the 3/18 game with OWU or Ohio Northern....the press release says Ohio Northern....

https://www.roanokemaroons.com/sports/m ... 0922nwuwn3
Maconlaxdad3

Post by Maconlaxdad3 »

Heard about this Siena kid who seems to have a problem staying out of the penalty box and could cause a problem having EMO opportunities for teams.
I Heard CBA Albany is a decent program in their conference anyone have any word on this kid?
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Anybody got any insight into the state of the Noke defense? Imagining alot of zone this year, some continuity with the staff goes a long way.

They’ll be able to score, if they can be even 40% at the X vs ranked teams that’s a win.

15 days until Salisbury, berry ALMOST knocked them off in February a few years back. Ferrara and Brown will be a handful for them but I think if they can let Lewis see it they have a fighters chance. A lot of things need to go their way to knock them off but would love to see Noke get their confidence up.

I’ve got their season wins over/under at 12. Salisbury, Dickinson, FM, Lynchburg, W&L, Sydney are the big boys they play this year. Take care of the teams they should, beat 3 of those teams and they’re sniffing top 10. January optimism. Would love to see the boys take another step and make some noise. They’re older than they’ve been in a while.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I think the defense will be similar to last year as I have not heard of any significant upgrades. I think the weakness lies more in the midfield. There is one returning SSDM who was solid last year, overall midfield lacks in size and speed plus they don't have a great stretch shooter. When they lost games last year it was to teams that dominated the game in the middle of the field. If the opponent has a Bigger, Faster, Stronger midfield Noke will most likely lose. Over under 12 wins is accurate. They do have alot of home games so maybe that helps. As you said, two or three wins against the good teams could get them in the NCAA tournament again.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

As much as it pains me to say this Roanoke may have changed their trajectory. I’ve thought the last few years they had definitely slipped from their traditional performance where I thought they had excelled. I recently watched the younger Kammerman’s tape,( this kid will make an immediate impact). He along with his brother who’s a proven talent might just be good enough to overcome any other minor weaknesses the team may have. Hope Roanoke has a great year and a great run other than when facing the Gennies
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

JustOneTime wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:14 am I think the defense will be similar to last year as I have not heard of any significant upgrades. I think the weakness lies more in the midfield. There is one returning SSDM who was solid last year, overall midfield lacks in size and speed plus they don't have a great stretch shooter. When they lost games last year it was to teams that dominated the game in the middle of the field. If the opponent has a Bigger, Faster, Stronger midfield Noke will most likely lose. Over under 12 wins is accurate. They do have alot of home games so maybe that helps. As you said, two or three wins against the good teams could get them in the NCAA tournament again.
Fair point, not even sure who runs with the first line outside of Docking.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

I mentioned this in another thread and I'll say it again. Getting spanked by 10-15 goals in the 1st game of the season to a much better team isn't going to make them a better team. It makes no-sense to schedule a team like Salisbury that early in the season.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 pm I mentioned this in another thread and I'll say it again. Getting spanked by 10-15 goals in the 1st game of the season to a much better team isn't going to make them a better team. It makes no-sense to schedule a team like Salisbury that early in the season.
Duly noted, you think Noke sucks. We'll see.
Crow Hop

Post by Crow Hop »

BigFella wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:42 am Anybody got any insight into the state of the Noke defense? Imagining alot of zone this year, some continuity with the staff goes a long way.

They’ll be able to score, if they can be even 40% at the X vs ranked teams that’s a win.

15 days until Salisbury, berry ALMOST knocked them off in February a few years back. Ferrara and Brown will be a handful for them but I think if they can let Lewis see it they have a fighters chance. A lot of things need to go their way to knock them off but would love to see Noke get their confidence up.

I’ve got their season wins over/under at 12. Salisbury, Dickinson, FM, Lynchburg, W&L, Sydney are the big boys they play this year. Take care of the teams they should, beat 3 of those teams and they’re sniffing top 10. January optimism. Would love to see the boys take another step and make some noise. They’re older than they’ve been in a while.
zone defense only means one thing... they don't trust their poles. Last year they looked like chickens with their heads cut off. Some meat heads out there, physical I'll give them that. but not that talented. i imagine that'll be their weak point this year. As well as just absolutely blowing the wind pipe per usual.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:17 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 pm I mentioned this in another thread and I'll say it again. Getting spanked by 10-15 goals in the 1st game of the season to a much better team isn't going to make them a better team. It makes no-sense to schedule a team like Salisbury that early in the season.
Duly noted, you think Noke sucks. We'll see.
No...I think Salisbury is that good. How'd they make out against CNU last year? Same scenario this year. :D

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”