Transfer Portal

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ALaudico7

Transfer Portal

Post by ALaudico7 »

Took this from the Division 1 Page. Not all encompassing but a decent list to start.

Division 3
Amherst (D3): PJ Clementi (A) #
Catholic (D3): Kevin Crowley (A) #
Christopher Newport (D3): Brady Altobello (M) #
Gettysburg (D3): Griffin Gallagher (M) #, Tate Keinzle (DM) #
Salisbury (D3): Jarrett Bromwell (M) #
St. Lawrence (D3): William Helm (G) #
Kenyon (D3): Joe Bolea (ssdm) # -> Syracuse, Declan Curry (M)# -> Sacred Heart

Key
* = in the portal for 2024 season
# = Graduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update
Njlaxx11

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Have heard Mac Bredahl from tufts is considering options. Jacksonville being one of them. Also returning to tufts is an option.
Slim

Post by Slim »

St. Mary's College of MD (D3) - Jude Brown, Attack
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Other notables in the portal.

Mayo Ammorillo, G, Kenyon
James Dalimonte, A, Muhlenberg
Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT
Josh Brannan, Stevenson (Been in a for a little while)
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Mac should go back to Tufts! I don’t think he can play at division one level. He is way more then a D3 guy then a Div 1 player. I just don’t see many good programs taking a chance on him with his size and inability to shoot past ten yards. If he comes back just go back to Tufts. He can have another 100 points and lose in the quarters or semi-finals again.

No way Tufts is close to beating RIT and Bowdoin will probably get them next year.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

nelaxman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:40 am Mac should go back to Tufts! I don’t think he can play at division one level. He is way more then a D3 guy then a Div 1 player. I just don’t see many good programs taking a chance on him with his size and inability to shoot past ten yards. If he comes back just go back to Tufts. He can have another 100 points and lose in the quarters or semi-finals again.

No way Tufts is close to beating RIT and Bowdoin will probably get them next year.
This is a very impressive post. It is hard to cram that much ignorance of a sport into so few words.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:36 am Other notables in the portal.

Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT
Gebhardt still has eligibility? He has played 4 full seasons not counting the COVID year.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

nelaxman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:40 am Mac should go back to Tufts! I don’t think he can play at division one level. He is way more then a D3 guy then a Div 1 player. I just don’t see many good programs taking a chance on him with his size and inability to shoot past ten yards. If he comes back just go back to Tufts. He can have another 100 points and lose in the quarters or semi-finals again.

Jacoby at Rutgers and Chlastawa at Fairfield. Mac would do fine at the d1 level. Get outa here..you don't need a cannon/ability to shoot at 15+ to play d1
Laxguru333

Post by Laxguru333 »

georgeoar394 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:11 am

Jacoby at Rutgers and Chlastawa at Fairfield. Mac would do fine at the d1 level. Get outa here..you don't need a cannon/ability to shoot at 15+ to play d1
Though, those with cannons and 15+ yard range have a higher ceiling at the D1 level.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:00 am

Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT
Gebhardt still has eligibility? He has played 4 full seasons not counting the COVID year.
2021 did not count for anyone in D3 - despite playing a full season. So many of these players actually have 6 years of eligibility. It’s kinda ridiculous.

So the 2026 season will be the first year that D3 is back to normal. We only 3 more years of this crap!!!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

McCormack at Vermont. Mac would be the best attack man on a decent number of D1 teams, get very good run at all but top 5 or 10.
jlibcon

Post by jlibcon »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:13 am

Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT
2021 did not count for anyone in D3 - despite playing a full season. So many of these players actually have 6 years of eligibility. It’s kinda ridiculous.

So the 2026 season will be the first year that D3 is back to normal. We only 3 more years of this crap!!!
I thought NCAA reversed that decision since there was a championship game.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

…pretty sure an attackman who is basically unguardable at the D-III level would do just fine in D-I.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Laxguru333 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:38 am

Though, those with cannons and 15+ yard range have a higher ceiling at the D1 level.
Id beg to differ. Most of the best players currently and previously do not have big cannons/shots. You look at guys like Costabile, Percovic, Dordevic. They’ve all struggled with putting up points when they don’t have the opportunity for a point blank range shot. Players like Ross Scott, Shellenberger, Kavanagh, Wolfe, Uppy list goes on. Much more versatile with shots/ability to score
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

jlibcon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:59 pm

Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT

Waldbaum and Jacoby both have another year to play if they want. It appears the eligibility from 2021 still remains for D3 players. I'd think the potential for a second season would help D3 guys looking for a shot at D1 draw a bit more interest. I read an article in which Jacoby said he felt nerves in his first 4-5 games for Rutgers before hitting his stride. Compare that to next February (if he plays) when he'll bring the confidence of 18 months of Big Ten strength and conditioning and putting up 48 points in D1 this year to Game 1.

Bredahl will be interesting to watch. He was committed to Villanova from sophomore to senior year. The idea that he hasn't or won't get D1 attention is silly. Yes he's small and won't be a zone-busting shooter, but the rest of his skillset has to have plenty of enterprising coaches and OCs envisioning roles for him. Especially if they get two years to coach him. Jacksonville would be very entertaining.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:57 am

This is a very impressive post. It is hard to cram that much ignorance of a sport into so few words.
Mac definitely stole this kid’s girlfriend.
LaxDad1967

Post by LaxDad1967 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:28 pm
jlibcon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:59 pm

Ryan Gebhardt, A, MIT

Waldbaum and Jacoby both have another year to play if they want. It appears the eligibility from 2021 still remains for D3 players. I'd think the potential for a second season would help D3 guys looking for a shot at D1 draw a bit more interest. I read an article in which Jacoby said he felt nerves in his first 4-5 games for Rutgers before hitting his stride. Compare that to next February (if he plays) when he'll bring the confidence of 18 months of Big Ten strength and conditioning and putting up 48 points in D1 this year to Game 1.

Bredahl will be interesting to watch. He was committed to Villanova from sophomore to senior year. The idea that he hasn't or won't get D1 attention is silly. Yes he's small and won't be a zone-busting shooter, but the rest of his skillset has to have plenty of enterprising coaches and OCs envisioning roles for him. Especially if they get two years to coach him. Jacksonville would be very entertaining.
Last edited by LaxDad1967 on Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Bredahl was originally committed to Villanova before deciding to go dominate tufts golf and lacrosse. He was also getting calls from Virginia his senior year. I have no doubt he’ll be fine if he decides to go D1.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

He would be fine in several places. Look at Ross Scott at Rutgers
ALaudico7

Post by ALaudico7 »

Update: Adding other names mentioned in thread and Kyle Lewis just committed to OSU on twitter

Division 3
Amherst (D3): PJ Clementi (A)
Catholic (D3): Kevin Crowley (A)
Christopher Newport (D3): Brady Altobello (M)
Gettysburg (D3): Griffin Gallagher (M), Tate Keinzle (DM)
Salisbury (D3): Jarrett Bromwell (M)
St. Lawrence (D3): William Helm (G)
Kenyon (D3): Joe Bolea (ssdm) -> Syracuse, Declan Curry (M) -> Sacred Heart, Mayo Ammorillo (G)
Tufts (D3): Mac Bredahl (A)
Lynchburg (D3): Kyle Lewis (A) -> Ohio State
St. Marys (D3): Jude Brown (A)
MIT (D3): Ryan Gebhardt (A)
Muhlenberg (D3): James Dalimonte (A)
Stevenson (D3): Josh Brannan (M)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”