Utah New Coach Andrew McMinn

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Utah New Coach Andrew McMinn

Post by gymman1031 »

I'm sure this has already been talked about on here. However, I wanted to make a separate thread for this news item. Utah is a program with serious potential, McMinn is a fine coach, and I don't think Utah, at least at this point in time, could have made a better and smarter hire. Best of luck to him! Can he lead the Utes to the ASUN Conference Title and the program's first NCAA Tournament berth in his inaugural season in Salt Lake City?

All this said, my biggest question is, and will be until it is answered:

Will Coach McMinn keep any of the most recent Utah assistants, or will he bring in his guys from Bobby Mo?
FMUBart

Re: Utah New Coach Andrew McMinn

Post by FMUBart »

He'll clean house...He's a good hire, let's leave it at that, though :)
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:23 pm I'm sure this has already been talked about on here. However, I wanted to make a separate thread for this news item. Utah is a program with serious potential, McMinn is a fine coach, and I don't think Utah, at least at this point in time, could have made a better and smarter hire. Best of luck to him! Can he lead the Utes to the ASUN Conference Title and the program's first NCAA Tournament berth in his inaugural season in Salt Lake City?

Will Coach McMinn keep any of the most recent Utah assistants, or will he bring in his guys from Bobby Mo?
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:23 pm I'm sure this has already been talked about on here. However, I wanted to make a separate thread for this news item. Utah is a program with serious potential, McMinn is a fine coach, and I don't think Utah, at least at this point in time, could have made a better and smarter hire. Best of luck to him! Can he lead the Utes to the ASUN Conference Title and the program's first NCAA Tournament berth in his inaugural season in Salt Lake City?

Sean Doyle is following Drew to Utah. Brandon Mangan left coaching back in July to work in the private sector.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Coach McMinn is a quality guy and coach. I see great things ahead for Utah.

IF you are a recruit and you don't want to do the East Coast thing, what could be better than Utah.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

bar_down wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:38 pm

Sean Doyle is following Drew to Utah. Brandon Mangan left coaching back in July to work in the private sector.
Thanks for the info! Please inform us when McMinn's other assistant(s) has(have) been named.
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

I have ties to RMU not Utah. I won’t know who he hires before anyone else.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Let us know when any other coaching announcements regarding McMinn's assistants have been made.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”