2021 D3 Women's National Championship

D3 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

2021 D3 Women's National Championship

Post by Matnum PI »

TopShelf585 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 am On the women's D3 side this year #5 Gettysburg didn't make it in.
They had one loss on the year to #1 F&M in Centennial Finals 17-14 and they don't get in.
Madness.
To be fair, Gettysburg only played 6 games (including this loss) and their Top 3 wins were over Washington College (pretty good), McDaniel (less impressive), and Dickinson (even less impressive). In other words, I don't see how the committee has G'burg at #5 (or F&M at #1). With this said, this was and continues to be, undeniably, a strange season.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: 2021 D3 Women's National Championship

Post by Matnum PI »

The four best D3W teams, in order, who should be in the Tourney but are not:
1. Brockport
2. Wesleyan (CT)
3. Montclair State
4. Christopher Newport
Caddy Day
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:22 am
TopShelf585 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 am On the women's D3 side this year #5 Gettysburg didn't make it in.
They had one loss on the year to #1 F&M in Centennial Finals 17-14 and they don't get in.
Madness.
To be fair, Gettysburg only played 6 games (including this loss) and their Top 3 wins were over Washington College (pretty good), McDaniel (less impressive), and Dickinson (even less impressive). In other words, I don't see how the committee has G'burg at #5 (or F&M at #1). With this said, this was and continues to be, undeniably, a strange season.
Matnum- you were right- I take it back. The 6 games G-burg played didn’t tell us much but they had a #5 ranking. F&M 7-0 and a #1 ranking was their only loss and they just got a beat down by my Herons 13-5. This tournament is madness.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

TopShelf585 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 pm Matnum- you were right- I take it back. The 6 games G-burg played didn’t tell us much but they had a #5 ranking. F&M 7-0 and a #1 ranking was their only loss and they just got a beat down by my Herons 13-5. This tournament is madness.
Exactly, an F&M team that just lost to William Smith, 13-5. F&M was *not* a #1 ranked team. FanLax had them ranked at #13 and William Smith ranked at #5. In other words, this wasn't some big upset. (13-5 upset?!) F&M was, to be kind, mis-ranked. And when i say, to be kind, I'm being kind to the ranker. The rankings were silly...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D3 WOMEN: National Championships

These were the recent Best games including the Game Results (directly below) as well as the Best Upcoming Games (below).

Best Games. The two upsets are marked with an asterisks*.

https://fanlax.com/2021/05/09/d3-women- ... onships-2/
Caddy Day
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

Agree that the rankings are nonsense with such a small sample size. Usually the teams play strong out-of-conference games but missing that schedule makes the polls meaningless. I think F&M was believing its own press and the team and staff were overlooking the Herons. BIG mistake. While the coach at F&M is a good one, this is a game they want back due to a huge missed opportunity for a wide-open field for 2021.

I agree that F&M was overrated more that this being an upset. Smith had several more games played. it usually takes a handful of game and a few tough games to gauge where a team stands. Not much of that this year. This bracket is the overall strongest with four tough teams fighting for that birth to the final four to likely take on Tufts.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

i love the D3 Tourney but... The early games are frequently terrible. And there's only 1 game per week. So a long wait for a good game. With this said, there are some pretty good games this weekend/Saturday. :)

William Smith vs. St. John Fisher... Great game.
Messiah vs. Cortland... Great game.

Ithaca vs. Washington & Lee... Could be a good game. But probably not.
Western Connecticut vs. TCNJ... could be a good game.
Chicago vs. John Carroll... could be a good game (between two mediocre teams).

Roger Williams vs. Tufts... Blow-out.
Salisbury vs. Washington & Jefferson... Blow-out.
Denison vs. Aurora... Blow-out.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

lovelax wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:13 amAgree that the rankings are nonsense with such a small sample size.
I don't think the issue is the sample size. I mean, FanLax got it right. :)
Caddy Day
totc

Post by totc »

Just wondering: what happened at SUNY-Farmingdale to render their first-round game a no-contest? If this was a voluntary decision not to play (to avoid a lopsided defeat), that cannot be of consolation to Gettysburg.
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

When referring to sample size and rankings I meant COACHES rankings....not the fanlax algorithm .

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”