Gentlemen’s Wagers

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Gentlemen’s Wagers

Post by Cletus »

Seeing as how an occasional wager between gentlemen arises here, I thought it good to create a thread for safe keeping of such wagers and challenges.

A Gentleman’s Wager, as you all know, does not involve any monetary reward. But if anyone wants to dangle gummy bears or Starbucks gift cards, well, that’s between the gentlemen involved.

We’ve already had a few wagers put forth on these boards. For instance:

Laxfan500 and I have a wager this weekend. Laxfan stated that Syracuse would beat Louisville in both games by 15 points or more. I challenged that. And thus we have our bet.

I think 8meterPA and I have one cooking, as well.

DMac also has a good one, but I will let him tell you about that if he feels so inclined.
DMac

Re: Gentlemen’s Wagers

Post by DMac »

^A day on Cayuga Lake with my youngest (he's a good boy...a little nuts, but a good boy, tons of fun).

Early on in the season, might have even been pre season, TL's beloved Laxchix were ranked #7. TL said that TL thought his Laxchix would be ranked higher than #7 by season's end so TL did a little fishing and dangled out a wager for anyone who wanted to to bite on. Day after day after day after day he sat alone with no bites and I was feeling a little sorry for him in that he hadn't even gotten a nibble, let alone landed a fish. Inasmuch as TL let the biter set the terms, this typically non gambler bit despite knowing absolutely nothing about how good or bad TL's Laxchix are. The terms were a bag of Gummy Bears, winner's choice*. :mrgreen: I figured WTH, I'd gladly share my Gummy Bears win or lose so I've really got nothing to lose here and maybe we can stir up a little more action here to boot. Well, there are a couple of other wagers going on here so all's well that ends well, I guess. I see in the latest ranking those Laxchix are ranked #38. Now I don't want to fry my fish before they're caught but I'm thinkin' it's probably not too early to go out and get a box of that Golden Dipt Beer Batter (just the best), just sayin'. I see the Hopkins girls are coming to the Laxchix turf to play them today at 1430hrs, it's on the B1G Network. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be saying this, but GO HOP!!!! Oh, and this Cordingly gal for Hop is fun to watch, been scoring a lot of goals lately. Hope she has 14 today. ;)
ImageImage
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:21 am Seeing as how an occasional wager between gentlemen arises here, I thought it good to create a thread for safe keeping of such wagers and challenges.

A Gentleman’s Wager, as you all know, does not involve any monetary reward. But if anyone wants to dangle gummy bears or Starbucks gift cards, well, that’s between the gentlemen involved.

We’ve already had a few wagers put forth on these boards. For instance:

Laxfan500 and I have a wager this weekend. Laxfan stated that Syracuse would beat Louisville in both games by 15 points or more. I challenged that. And thus we have our bet.

I think 8meterPA and I have one cooking, as well.

DMac also has a good one, but I will let him tell you about that if he feels so inclined.
True - a bet is a bet. I hate to say Go Orange but in this case Go Orange ...twice.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:21 am Laxfan500 and I have a wager this weekend. Laxfan stated that Syracuse would beat Louisville in both games by 15 points or more.
Cumulative? e.g. SU will win by 8 in both games.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am ^A day on Cayuga Lake with my youngest (he's a good boy...a little nuts, but a good boy, tons of fun).

Early on in the season, might have even been pre season, TL's beloved Laxchix were ranked #7. TL said that TL thought his Laxchix would be ranked higher than #7 by season's end so TL did a little fishing and dangled out a wager for anyone who wanted to to bite on. Day after day after day after day he sat alone with no bites and I was feeling a little sorry for him in that he hadn't even gotten a nibble, let alone landed a fish. Inasmuch as TL let the biter set the terms, this typically non gambler bit despite knowing absolutely nothing about how good or bad TL's Laxchix are. The terms were a bag of Gummy Bears, winner's choice*. :mrgreen: I figured WTH, I'd gladly share my Gummy Bears win or lose so I've really got nothing to lose here and maybe we can stir up a little more action here to boot. Well, there are a couple of other wagers going on here so all's well that ends well, I guess. I see in the latest ranking those Laxchix are ranked #38. Now I don't want to fry my fish before they're caught but I'm thinkin' it's probably not too early to go out and get a box of that Golden Dipt Beer Batter (just the best), just sayin'. I see the Hopkins girls are coming to the Laxchix turf to play them today at 1430hrs, it's on the B1G Network. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be saying this, but GO HOP!!!! Oh, and this Cordingly gal for Hop is fun to watch, been scoring a lot of goals lately. Hope she has 14 today. ;)
I’m with you all the way on Cordingley AND Hop.

Good writing, D. Do you write on the side? You and seacoaster should start your own magazine. Seriously. Typically good reading from the both o’ youse guys.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:21 am Laxfan500 and I have a wager this weekend. Laxfan stated that Syracuse would beat Louisville in both games by 15 points or more.
Nope. 15 each game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks, C, but no and methinks sc would be a whole lot better off without this sidekick. I'm just an a-hole with a whole lot of BS while he, on the other hand, is pretty damn bright and a whole lot more professional.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 am Thanks, C, but no and methinks sc would be a whole lot better off without this sidekick. I'm just an a-hole with a whole lot of BS while he, on the other hand, is pretty damn bright and a whole lot more professional.
But you Both write well. And I bet I could get a amen on that from the sea man himself. 😉
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 am Nope. 15 each game.
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Gee, I read the bet as Syracuse has to win the games by, say, these scores: 17-2 and 36-21.

Best line so far today: "Hope she has 14 today." So do Mr. and Mrs. Cordingly, and Coach Tucker!!

DMac, do we have a wager of some sort on BC losing both games of the doubleheader to an injured and depleted Notre Dame?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am I’m with you all the way on Cordingley AND Hop.
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote
DMac, do we have a wager of some sort on BC losing both games of the doubleheader to an injured and depleted Notre Dame?
Yes we do, and how 'bout we make the "some sort" something from the Dollar General? ;)
BC's looking mighty good these days, pretty scary team.
ND just gave the unbeatable a scare though. We'll see
what happens but I'm not oozing with confidence about
this wager right now.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

SC -- Do you want some action on this statement? "BC plays Notre Dame twice in Chestnut Hill, and then Syracuse twice in the Dome. I can see BC going 1-3 in those games, best case scenario." I will take the over with a beer on the line. Delivery method TBD. BTW, as much as I'd like to win a free beer and as much as I root for the Eagles, I sincerely hope that everyone on ND is healthy and plays well this weekend.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:59 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am I’m with you all the way on Cordingley AND Hop.
Nice Pic, Matnum! 👍
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 am Nope. 15 each game.
🤣 Nice one.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am Oh, and this Cordingly gal for Hop is fun to watch, been scoring a lot of goals lately. Hope she has 14 today.
That would break the record by 2. It would be great to see someone break that this year. At least 2 players have scored 10 this year already
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:12 am SC -- Do you want some action on this statement? "BC plays Notre Dame twice in Chestnut Hill, and then Syracuse twice in the Dome. I can see BC going 1-3 in those games, best case scenario." I will take the over with a beer on the line. Delivery method TBD. BTW, as much as I'd like to win a free beer and as much as I root for the Eagles, I sincerely hope that everyone on ND is healthy and plays well this weekend.
So what's the bet, CO?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:12 am
seacoaster wrote
Yes we do, and how 'bout we make the "some sort" something from the Dollar General? ;)
this wager right now.
I am just thinking the BC offense will have trouble with ND's very able defense, and that BC's defensive defensive youngsters are going to have more trouble than in past games (except the UNC game). Dollar General is fine. Right to call oneself, for 48 hours, the King of Stupid Bets would suffice.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:58 am
Gee, I read the bet as Syracuse has to win the games by, say, these scores: 17-2 and 36-21.

Best line so far today: "Hope she has 14 today." So do Mr. and Mrs. Cordingly, and Coach Tucker!!

Ive been wrong before ....lol
BC/ND....BC is home ...advantage. ND has better goalie advantage. BC has better draw person because they will stick with Aldave too long. It could be a split.
We will see how great Deehan really is. I’m sure BC will place their shots better than UNC did.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:47 am
DMac wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:12 am
seacoaster wrote
this wager right now.
I am just thinking the BC offense will have trouble with ND's very able defense, and that BC's defensive defensive youngsters are going to have more trouble than in past games (except the UNC game). Dollar General is fine. Right to call oneself, for 48 hours, the King of Stupid Bets would suffice.
In Fairness to UNC it’s prob the best thing for them . A near loss but still a win prob shakes them out of their complacency. They had a bad game in bad weather. Let’s see in ACCs how it all plays out. BC hasn’t played a top team in a while. Beating up on VT not same as ND or Syr. Next two weekends going to be exciting !

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”