Interesting scores/upsets

D2 Womens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Interesting scores/upsets

Post by RedFromMI »

Wednesday, March 27: East Stroudsburg over West Chester in OT 15-14 and Tampa takes down Florida Southern 16-14. Sunshine State Conference still with two unbeaten teams (Rollins, Saint Leo) and the other top two with a pair each (Tampa to Rollins by 5 and to Regis by one, and FSC to Adelphi by two in their other loss).
peanutgallery

Re: Interesting scores/upsets

Post by peanutgallery »

Very interesting indeed...except for LeMoyne, no one appears dominant. Adelphi and Lindenwood have played a number of close games

For Sunshine State...
Looking at common opponents between St.Leo, FSC, Tampa, FIT and Rollins:

Tampa is legit.
FSC does not look to be as strong defensively nor as in sync on attack compared w/ previous years. Wednesday match of FSC vs Rollins will be probative.
Rollins played Tampa in their first game, but since they have not been challenged.
St. Leo has improved but is over ranked and cut below FSC, Rollins and Tampa.
FIT has fallen dramatically. Will be curious to see how they rebound from UAH loss.
For the SSC tournament...whoever gets the first seed has a distinct advantage.

I don't think the selection committee would take 4 teams from SSC so the Limestone / Queens game will be a good one. I would give Queens the nod over Limestone.

For PSAC
Congrats to East Stroudsburg on a stunning comeback...the West Chester fans should appreciate that the audio was cut off for much of the 2nd half. ESU has played a very tough schedule but they appear somewhat inconsistent..playing to the level of their competition.

West Chester until this game seemed formidable. Both Krach and FanLax rankings have seen them on the rise each week.

Otherwise, the conference is losing ground to the West and South

RMAC
The tournament should be interesting and I find it interesting that both computer models rank Regis higher.

Tampa started slow at Regis and then it was a back and forth affair. On a neutral site, I think Tampa would have prevailed. Nonetheless, Regis solid..

In prior years, Lindenwood would start games slow and then pour it on. Not this year.

The story of the year appears to be parity amongst the top tier of teams.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

peanutgallery wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:26 pm Very interesting indeed...except for LeMoyne, no one appears dominant. Adelphi and Lindenwood have played a number of close games

For Sunshine State...
Looking at common opponents between St.Leo, FSC, Tampa, FIT and Rollins:

Tampa is legit.
FSC does not look to be as strong defensively nor as in sync on attack compared w/ previous years. Wednesday match of FSC vs Rollins will be probative.
Rollins played Tampa in their first game, but since they have not been challenged.
St. Leo has improved but is over ranked and cut below FSC, Rollins and Tampa.
FIT has fallen dramatically. Will be curious to see how they rebound from UAH loss.
For the SSC tournament...whoever gets the first seed has a distinct advantage.

Saint Leo just has not played many top teams. We will see how the SSC schedule treats them. You already have the partial building of a round robin circle of victories (Rollins beats Tampa, Tampa beats FSC ).

I don't think the selection committee would take 4 teams from SSC so the Limestone / Queens game will be a good one. I would give Queens the nod over Limestone.

SSC will get a minimum of two (just based on their strength as a conference) if not three (latter more likely given how good the top of the conference has turned out to be. The Queens game is home for the Saints on Friday April 12. Also, Conference Carolinas bottom is worst in nation - I have bottom five teams in CC in my bottom 7/8 in KRACH nationally. That makes that Queens game almost essential for Limestone to get into the dance. Their only other hope (if they lose to Queens) would be if the two teams in the SSC (say Rollins and Tampa) basically beat all the other teams and maybe an upset or two among the other leaders in the SSC to give them an opportunity to be the last seed over _two_ SSC teams. Not very likely.

For PSAC
Congrats to East Stroudsburg on a stunning comeback...the West Chester fans should appreciate that the audio was cut off for much of the 2nd half. ESU has played a very tough schedule but they appear somewhat inconsistent..playing to the level of their competition.

West Chester until this game seemed formidable. Both Krach and FanLax rankings have seen them on the rise each week.

Otherwise, the conference is losing ground to the West and South

RMAC
The tournament should be interesting and I find it interesting that both computer models rank Regis higher.

I think Regis benefits from a better group of opponents so far. The head-to-head with Lindenwood should be telling (probably will happen twice given the RMAC tourney...

Tampa started slow at Regis and then it was a back and forth affair. On a neutral site, I think Tampa would have prevailed. Nonetheless, Regis solid..

In prior years, Lindenwood would start games slow and then pour it on. Not this year.

The story of the year appears to be parity amongst the top tier of teams.

Agreed.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Saturday March 30

LIU Post (#9) over Adelphi 10-9 (#2), OT - first loss of the season for Adelphi.

Assumption (#20)
beats New Haven (#16) 16-10

Florida Southern (#3) returns with a vengence after the loss to Tampa beating #25 Mount Olive 22-8

West Chester (#4) back in the win column with a 18-11 victory over #24 Mercyhurst
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:27 pmLIU Post (#9)[/b] over Adelphi 10-9 (#2), OT - first loss of the season for Adelphi
This is pretty awesome. Makes the season more interesting.
laxdad

Post by laxdad »

Florida Southern win over Rollins 16-11 should mix up th top of the rankings again.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”