Pool B and Pool C

D3 Mens Lacrosse
tdaussie

Re: Pool B and Pool C

Post by tdaussie »

Pool C taking shape:

8 spots

Definite bids - Amherst, York, Gettysburg, loser Tufts/Williams.

Leaves 4.

Likely - Wesleyan, Union, loser W&L/Lynchburg

Leaves 1.

St. Lawrence, Bates, Stevens

Assumes Denison beats OWU.

Misssing anyone?
NYLaxer

Post by NYLaxer »

G-burg a definite bid? Why? As soomeone in the CC thread asked..... Is it on past reputation alone?
~~Played in the days when the helmets weren't nearly as cool!
SpartanLaxFanatic

Post by SpartanLaxFanatic »

F&M could definitely sneak ahead of any one of those teams. I don't see Stevens as serious Pool C contenders, no quality wins. I believe the last spot will come down to F&M and SLU, just depends on which conference the committee values as higher quality because both teams have very similar resumes.
tdaussie

Post by tdaussie »

Certainly as a Centennial fan, I would love 3 teams. And F&M should have been on my list when you look at their entire body of work. I’m hoping they make it!!

Pool C:
Williams
York
Amherst
Gettysburg
Lynchburg
Wesleyan
Union

Last slot down to SLU v F&M v Bates

I’m betting SLU, hoping for F&M.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Pool C, 3 nescac’s, Union, York, 1 Centennial, leaving 2 slots......maybe F&M love to see Lynchburg but 6 losses 4 by 1 goal. First 6 are easy, last two brutal
richard

Post by richard »

Teams that absolutely deserve pool c

Williams, Amherst, Wesleyan, York, Union.

Stevens, weak ooc, best wins, CNU, SJF, Endicott, Montclair, Losses to Roanoke and Tufts. Both hurt. Chances 0.
F&M, best wins, W&L, Gettysburg, Dickinson, Etown. Losses to Amherst, Ursinus x 2, Lynchburg, Denison. Loss to Amherst was a beat down. Loss to Denison makes me question F&M. I don't think Denison is that good this year. Bubble
Gettysburg, best wins, W&L, Stevenson, Ursinus, Dickinson x2. Losses, Salisbury, York, F&M and Ursinus. Wins vs Dickinson and Stevenson are not that impressive loss to F&M brings Bullets back to the pack Bubble
Bates. Best wins, Wesleyan, WNEU, Keene St, Middlebury. Losses Amherst x2, Tufts, Williams, RIT. Weak OOC and winning vs bottom of NESCAC means very little. Chances 0
Lynchburg, best wins, F&M, Roanoke, Etown, Hampden Sidney x 2' Stevenson. Losses W&L x2, Salisbury, Cabrini, Wesleyan, York. The wins are not so impressive and I'm sorry but the losses are 6 and it does not matter to what teams they are still losses. This is a good team but still a bubble team for not coming up big when they needed to. Bubble
SLU, best wins, RPI, WNEU, Middlebury, Ithaca. Losses, RIT x 2, Union, Ithaca. Middle of the road OOC. Wins are not so hot, loss to Ithaca probably does then in. Low end of bubble.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Well that’s easy then. Only 5 Pool C teams, all others suck, reduced field this year. Who is hosting?
richard

Post by richard »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:02 pm Well that’s easy then. Only 5 Pool C teams, all others suck, reduced field this year. Who is hosting?
They don't suck but none of them made it easy to choose them over the others. All of the resumes leave room to question.
Some fans will feel like they were cheated.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Best 3 teams, Wesleyan, Lynchburg, St. Lawrence with Gettysburg scratching at the door. Who gets selected is a a different story.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

9 Teams: York, Amherst, Williams, Wesleyan, Gettysburg, Union, Franklin & Marshall, Stevens, and Bates. Maybe St. Lawrence and Lynchburg in and 2 teams listed (before) out.
But who knows? Bottomline, some good games are coming. 9 PM EST.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Gettysburg, best wins, W&L, Stevenson, Ursinus, Dickinson x2. Losses, Salisbury, York, F&M and Ursinus. Wins vs Dickinson and Stevenson are not that impressive loss to F&M brings Bullets back to the pack Bubble

Lynchburg, best wins, F&M, Roanoke, Etown, Hampden Sidney x 2' Stevenson. Losses W&L x2, Salisbury, Cabrini, Wesleyan, York. The wins are not so impressive and I'm sorry but the losses are 6 and it does not matter to what teams they are still losses. This is a good team but still a bubble team for not coming up big when they needed to. Bubble
Purely emotional but I hope Lynchburg and Bullets get invited. Class acts; terrific coaches; good OOC every year; great places to play lacrosse and get an education.

Cabrini loss hurts ULYN; others result of challenging schedule.

Bullets.... Hank.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Anyone have a link to the selection show feed? For the life of me I can’t find it on the mobile version of NCAA.com.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ergit

Post by ergit »

DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”