Bart

Re: 2021/2022 season

Post by Bart »

glaxer24 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:46 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:37 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:28 pm
8meterPA wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:51 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:11 pm Lindenwood has there 2022 roster up. Boy did coach Cribbin reload. From what I can tell he has 8(?) transfers. The SB transfer as well as two from Fresno State that may be ready for prime time right away. They were already a deep team up the middle and look to be even deeper now. It will be interesting to see how they jell.

I will say, the gravity in St Charles Mo must be completely different than any other place in the US. Every single student athlete grew 4 inches from their last stop......................

It's really interesting how the top D2 schools are going after D1 kids in the portal who have graduated and are taking their "covid" year somewhere else. I wonder how the underclassman react to the reloading with graduate/5th transfers?
Good question. I've been thinking about this quite a bit recently. Short term immediate return versus long term investment in a recruit. I can not imagine it is easy for these younger kids. They have 2 years after this one to deal with it.
Isn't Fresno State's program folding?
Yep
And a decent number have transferred to the ranks of D2
Good for them. Hope they found schools that meet their academic and athletic needs after the rug was pulled out from under them.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Bart wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:35 am
glaxer24 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:46 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:37 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:28 pm
8meterPA wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:51 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:11 pm Lindenwood has there 2022 roster up. Boy did coach Cribbin reload. From what I can tell he has 8(?) transfers. The SB transfer as well as two from Fresno State that may be ready for prime time right away. They were already a deep team up the middle and look to be even deeper now. It will be interesting to see how they jell.

I will say, the gravity in St Charles Mo must be completely different than any other place in the US. Every single student athlete grew 4 inches from their last stop......................

It's really interesting how the top D2 schools are going after D1 kids in the portal who have graduated and are taking their "covid" year somewhere else. I wonder how the underclassman react to the reloading with graduate/5th transfers?
Good question. I've been thinking about this quite a bit recently. Short term immediate return versus long term investment in a recruit. I can not imagine it is easy for these younger kids. They have 2 years after this one to deal with it.
Isn't Fresno State's program folding?
Yep
And a decent number have transferred to the ranks of D2
Good for them. Hope they found schools that meet their academic and athletic needs after the rug was pulled out from under them.
Agree, I can't imagine being an athlete who loves their school hearing that they're cutting your program, and in order to continue playing you have to start anew somewhere else
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

South Dakota! Hope they've got some kind of indoor space

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... uth-dakota
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:54 am South Dakota! Hope they've got some kind of indoor space

who are they going to play??
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:45 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:54 am South Dakota! Hope they've got some kind of indoor space

No idea. The school belongs to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference which doesn't sponsor lacrosse. Two of the other schools in the NSIC sponsor women's lacrosse (Upper Iowa & Concordia-St. Paul) and both those schools play in the GLIAC, but I think GLVC could also be an option? Just based on proximity
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm

No idea. The school belongs to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference which doesn't sponsor lacrosse. Two of the other schools in the NSIC sponsor women's lacrosse (Upper Iowa & Concordia-St. Paul) and both those schools play in the GLIAC, but I think GLVC could also be an option? Just based on proximity
I hope they do a better job than Upper Iowa has. They have played 1 game in two seasons. Tough places to recruit to unless you are going to throw some $$$ after it to get a hungry coach and have good facilities like Missouri Western has. Time will tell.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:04 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I hope they do a better job than Upper Iowa has. They have played 1 game in two seasons. Tough places to recruit to unless you are going to throw some $$$ after it to get a hungry coach and have good facilities like Missouri Western has. Time will tell.
I actually saw that when I checked out their schedule. I didn't even know they had a program and wanted to see how they had been doing. Augustana is a private school so that could mean more funding, but doesn't always mean so. You're right, time will definitely tell.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Looks like some rosters and schedules are finally being posted any interesting transfers. Who do we think will be top contenders this season?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:15 pm Looks like some rosters and schedules are finally being posted any interesting transfers. Who do we think will be top contenders this season?
Should be an interesting year. Bunch of previously D1 kids filtering down to D2.

I think Lindenwood will be real good. Replaced some key losses with some proven talent.
UIndy should be good as well. They lost some punch on the Offensive end and a real good defender but they are solid and fast.
LeMoyne returns a couple of key 5th years and added a defender from DOOK. They have an excellent goalie. I add the "chip" factor on them as well due to their rather interesting absence from the NCAA's last year.

LeMoyne plays both Lindenwood and Uindy a week apart (3/6, 3/13) so by March we will have a pretty good read. (UIndy needs to get by GVSU unscathed on 3/4)

PSAC..Usual suspects with ECU and WCU.

I doubt Adelphi will remain as low as they are in the initial poll. They do need to replace two absolutely fantastic attackers but added one from Loyola. They are always well coached.

I think Roberts will be in the mix again. They do not have their 22' roster up yet but it appears their point leader is returning for a 5th and their #2 returns as well. If the middies who could return do so I think they will be really good as well. It will be them or Mercy but that seems to be the rule lately in the ECC.
Idontknowtherules

Lindenwood with consadine will be fun to watch. I am still surprised at that transfer as she is from li I believe Lemoyne is always a contender in my book. They do have a great goalie for sure. Adelphi has some big shoes to fill in pollock and Johnson. They didn’t have a great season last year But McCabe knows what he’s doing. His record is telling There is a Loyola transfer for the spring. And from what I heard he has a Cuse transfer and a sb and holy cross 5th year. I believe two are attack? Maybe they can replace his voids.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:52 pm Lindenwood with consadine will be fun to watch. I am still surprised at that transfer as she is from li I believe Lemoyne is always a contender in my book. They do have a great goalie for sure. Adelphi has some big shoes to fill in pollock and Johnson. They didn’t have a great season last year But McCabe knows what he’s doing. His record is telling There is a Loyola transfer for the spring. And from what I heard he has a Cuse transfer and a sb and holy cross 5th year. I believe two are attack? Maybe they can replace his voids.
It's been really interesting to see how the top D2 teams have been tapping the transfer portal to build or round out their teams...maybe reload is a better term. I believe I counted 10 D1 players on the Lindendwood roster? wondering what that does for team chemistry and recruiting if you constantly are bringing in transfers. I would think it's a bit frustrating for the underclassmen to never quite know when "its your turn" to get playing time...just thinking out loud.
Idontknowtherules

8meterPA wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:23 pm
Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:52 pm Lindenwood with consadine will be fun to watch. I am still surprised at that transfer as she is from li I believe Lemoyne is always a contender in my book. They do have a great goalie for sure. Adelphi has some big shoes to fill in pollock and Johnson. They didn’t have a great season last year But McCabe knows what he’s doing. His record is telling There is a Loyola transfer for the spring. And from what I heard he has a Cuse transfer and a sb and holy cross 5th year. I believe two are attack? Maybe they can replace his voids.
It's been really interesting to see how the top D2 teams have been tapping the transfer portal to build or round out their teams...maybe reload is a better term. I believe I counted 10 D1 players on the Lindendwood roster? wondering what that does for team chemistry and recruiting if you constantly are bringing in transfers. I would think it's a bit frustrating for the underclassmen to never quite know when "its your turn" to get playing time...just thinking out loud.
I agree with that. I know my friends kid at Cuse thought her turn was up. Then covid hit and 10 seniors came back. Really screwed up a lot of schools and girls(and guys) waiting their turn so to speak. I didn’t realize lindenwood had 10 d1 transfers. But there’s a lot of d1 schools. After top 20 kids are equal imo
Idontknowtherules

The thing I like about lemoyne. A ton of those kids played together in hs. West genny. Fayetteville etc. has to make for some continuous great chemistry
Bart

Post by Bart »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:23 pm
I believe they have been doing this for quite some time. They have had good teams in the past that have just been a bit shy of the mark. It will be real interesting how it plays out this year with them. On paper they are stacked.....like you point out however it will depend on the chemistry they develop. It is obvious they figured the chemistry thing out last year, I imagine they will be just fine this year.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Regis eeks one out against Concordia St. Paul by 1. Looked every bit like lacrosse on February 4th.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:14 pm Regis eeks one out against Concordia St. Paul by 1. Looked every bit like lacrosse on February 4th.
Much closer than I would have ever thought.

Limestone lit it up against North Greenville 17-5, with freshman Sarah Dudick of Fallston, MD scoring 5 unassisted goals.
Bart

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:44 am
Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:14 pm Regis eeks one out against Concordia St. Paul by 1. Looked every bit like lacrosse on February 4th.
Much closer than I would have ever thought.

Limestone lit it up against North Greenville 17-5, with freshman Sarah Dudick of Fallston, MD scoring 5 unassisted goals.
Was ugly to watch at times. But was lacrosse to watch. CPS has some players in a couple of transfers from BC as in Canada. They foul way too much however. I think CSP will be much improved if they can get that under control.

Regis did not shoot that well IMO.

Watched a bit of the Limestone game. Overpowered NGU from what little I was watching.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”