Towson 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Towson 2019

Post by 10stone5 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm Prior to Towson he had 2g’s. And 0 A. No one cares about him. Plus, can MD deal w Va’s pace ? Va is hungry . MD has 2-3 players the rest are appetizers. That’s being kind
Nadelen should have called me, I could have told him 8-)

Actually, probably a few teams passed on Kyle Long because he played at Springfield, but not the Terps. He’s one of the best out of SE PA.

Tillman must have recognized a match up problem, and designated Long his ‘X’ factor - just a guess.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Towson Totally out played Maryland
Dominated face offs, Ground balls, and out shot them.

Tigers Let up 9 Goals in 2nd Half/Ot on 12 shots
That's why they lost

Holding ball for so long at end of game, is playing not to lose. ALWAYS PLAY TO WIN
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Yeah well.
That’s why I ended the game at 1:31 left, with the Tigers with the ball and up by one 8-)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Neverplaydown wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm Towson Totally out played Maryland

That's why they lost

Holding ball for so long at end of game, is playing not to lose. ALWAYS PLAY TO WIN
It's way to easy to suggest they push for more points. The reality - that approach could easily results in two goals, going the other way. Holding the ball was not the reason they lost.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

reLAX wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm The last 2 min was brutal. I can get into that, and we are all experts after a very difficult loss. However, something that was not discussed is shooting. You cannot shoot stick side high over & over again on a left handed goalie. Why does it happen? Right handed shooters do not adjust to left handed goalies. Let’s be honest, if Towson played UMASS in the CAA final, it would have been a tall order. Why ? Sconone is left handed & a very good goalie. They made Dolan a 52% goalie into 63-64 % goalie on several opportunities. They had those shots because of Woodall. They had some really good sets on offense & did not finish. Sure credit Dolan. But, he is not Jim Beardmore.
Wow. I understand your disappointment in losing. However, as I have stated elsewhere, if you are going to call out a specific player, by name, in a sarcastic or negative manner, you best be perfect. There are many other ways to call out your shooters not adjusting without picking on another player.
Not pointing to anyone in particular. IMO, Div -1 offensive players should not be shooting stick side high. That’s really it. They made an ok goalie, look really good more then a few times. You have 75% of the goal remaining as a target.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm The last 2 min was brutal. I can get into that, and we are all experts after a very difficult loss. However, something that was not discussed is shooting. You cannot shoot stick side high over & over again on a left handed goalie. Why does it happen? Right handed shooters do not adjust to left handed goalies. Let’s be honest, if Towson played UMASS in the CAA final, it would have been a tall order. Why ? Sconone is left handed & a very good goalie. They made Dolan a 52% goalie into 63-64 % goalie on several opportunities. They had those shots because of Woodall. They had some really good sets on offense & did not finish. Sure credit Dolan. But, he is not Jim Beardmore.
Wow. I understand your disappointment in losing. However, as I have stated elsewhere, if you are going to call out a specific player, by name, in a sarcastic or negative manner, you best be perfect. There are many other ways to call out your shooters not adjusting without picking on another player.
Not pointing to anyone in particular. IMO, Div -1 offensive players should not be shooting stick side high. That’s really it. They made an ok goalie, look really good more then a few times. You have 75% of the goal remaining as a target.
As a general rule, agreed.....I have seen plenty of goal scored between the pipe and goalie's head...stick side.

Some percentage of shots released are not "aimed", but are expected to be "hidden" by screens and blow by the keeper with velocity.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

foreverlax wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm
As a general rule, agreed.....I have seen plenty of goal scored between the pipe and goalie's head...stick side.

Some percentage of shots released are not "aimed", but are expected to be "hidden" by screens and blow by the keeper with velocity.
McLean does that very well.
Stony Brook could have used that guy.
Instead, McLean sat.
Now that coach is out.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Neverplaydown wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm Towson Totally out played Maryland

That's why they lost

I don't think Towson totally out played Maryland during the Terps scoring runs of 3,3,2,4 & 2 goals. That's sort of a lot of negative domination. They are an excellent team though that could have made a championship run, perhaps set up even better than Maryland to advance because of the face-offs.

The UVA predictions of 16-11 are probably reasonable. The Hoos look like team 1 or 1a in this tournament, and Maryland obviously has uncharacteristic weaknesses.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Towson vs 3 lefties:
Duke 28%
UMASS 19%
MD 28 %
Shot % stats.
3 - L’s
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Great article on Woodall in The Sun. Congrats to Alex and Brendan Sunday as well for signing with the Atlanta Blaze.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... story.html

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/5/16 ... blaze.aspx

https://twitter.com/AtlantaBlaze/status ... 8090254337
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Math1234 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:05 pm Great article on Woodall in The Sun. Congrats to Alex and Brendan Sunday as well for signing with the Atlanta Blaze.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... story.html

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/5/16 ... blaze.aspx

https://twitter.com/AtlantaBlaze/status ... 8090254337
Amazing the Tillman didn't take him over Henningsen...Woodall went 70% with a broken jaw. :shock:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Well done!!

1st Team SSDM - Goodrich and Lt. J.G. Donald MacLaughlin Jr. Outstanding Midfielder.
2nd Team Fogo - Woodall
3rd Team Close - Smith
HM Attack - Sunday
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

foreverlax wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 am Well done!!
1st Team SSDM - Goodrich and Lt. J.G. Donald MacLaughlin Jr. Outstanding Midfielder
2nd Team Fogo - Woodall
3rd Team Close - Smith
HM Attack - Sunday
Rob Shek 1991
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Sunday should have made 3rd team. AA lists are always debatable. Great senior class. Congratulations to the coaches, players on a great year. The loss will sting for a while.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Sunday had a monster senior season. Should have been a third-team AA and probably wasn't because nobody really had heard of him nationally until this season. Shame that he didn't return because he should have had at least one year of eligibility left. That's a huge hole to fill along with Goodrich. I know we have some good freshmen sitting out and coming in at midfield and on attack, but we could use at least one transfer on attack and midfield.

We should be fine defensively though. Heard Koby Smith's younger brother is a 6-5 version of him at Loyola. But may end up playing hoops. Just a sophomore.

Any word of who might be coming here next season?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Big class, 13 incoming.
But I suspect Nadelen has an additional surprise or two.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:20 pm Big class, 13 incoming.
But I suspect Nadelen has an additional surprise or two.
He has to. There will be plenty of choices in the transfer portal. Can't rely on freshmen on offense in 2020. Unless they are special. Seems like most of our "special" freshmen have been on defense.
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

Who replaces Gilardi as OC?
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Gilardi’s replacement is an interesting decision. Could you go w a PLL Coach. Chris Bates, the old Drexel & Princeton Coach. Or, Matt Panetta who has done a nice job w the Chaos team. Do you have to go young do to salary? I don’t know. Ryan Curtis was a 10 year HC at Vermont now a PLL Coach. Is it possible to pluck a guy w a ton of experience who knows how to take things & make chicken salad out of chix ..... ! At Towson, you have to do a little of this because your not getting a ton of top tier recruits. Just reality. Gilardi did a little of this, and he groomed players.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”