Maryland 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by admin »

TWEEEEEEETT!!!! Peter Brown, take it easy. We get it. You have an irrational distaste for Hopkins. But share this with your buddies off-the-field. i.e. FanLax is not the right forum for your trashing all things Hopkins. Tweeeeeet! Play on!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

admin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am TWEEEEEEETT!!!! Peter Brown, take it easy. We get it. You have an irrational distaste for Hopkins. But share this with your buddies off-the-field. i.e. FanLax is not the right forum for your trashing all things Hopkins. Tweeeeeet! Play on!

:lol:

Being so close to their campus is like being stuck in a dormroom with an elitist skills-regressing eunuch. But I hear you. My bad.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:57 am Do kids from the L.I. Katholic league even bother visiting Hopkins campus?

I’m not sure if I’m allowed touch this post, but ummmm, no.

;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

admin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am TWEEEEEEETT!!!! Peter Brown, take it easy. We get it. You have an irrational distaste for Hopkins. But share this with your buddies off-the-field. i.e. FanLax is not the right forum for your trashing all things Hopkins. Tweeeeeet! Play on!
So, if a "you hate Hopkins too" thread was started in the anything but section, that would be ok? :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Doc must have asked Justin Smollett to make a call to ad.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:20 amBeing so close to their campus is like being stuck in a dormroom with an elitist skills-regressing eunuch. But I hear you. My bad.
Tweeet! Peter Brown, Unsportsmanlike conduct, 1 Minute (2 day) Penalty. Penalty will be up on Saturday at 10 PM.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter, I left a doobie in the cell. Look for a little slit on the bottom side of the mattress near the feet end, I slipped it in there along with a little mini Bic lighter. Feel free to enjoy. :mrgreen:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:03 pm Peter, I left a doobie in the cell. Look for a little slit on the bottom side of the mattress near the feet end, I slipped it in there along with a little mini Bic lighter. Feel free to enjoy. :mrgreen:
I left some "pellets" taped under the AOC inspired accents that are the toilet water fountains. Why else is there that 4th part of the grinder ? :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LaxFactor discussing the MD Goalie situation. Per usual, no mind-bending insights but good info and good videos. Plus, he mentions you guys at 2:29 or so. :)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:03 pm Peter, I left a doobie in the cell. Look for a little slit on the bottom side of the mattress near the feet end, I slipped it in there along with a little mini Bic lighter. Feel free to enjoy. :mrgreen:
:D
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Matt Dunn, Matt Rambo, and Connor Kelly make the US indoor lacrosse team for the upcoming world indoor championship in Canada:

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/usa-insid ... ampionship
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

That’s great and I like what Rambo has been able to do with the Wings.

But the Canadian box team has never lost a game in this tournie, I believe.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:20 am

:lol:

Being so close to their campus is like being stuck in a dormroom with an elitist skills-regressing eunuch. But I hear you. My bad.
Ever been to New Haven??!!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:18 pm That’s great and I like what Rambo has been able to do with the Wings.

But the Canadian box team has never lost a game in this tournie, I believe.
I think you're right. The Iroquois took them to OT. Once.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:43 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:34 am Georgetown is, in general, more difficult to be accepted at. This does not mean it provides a better education.

I guess you could say that about any two Schools, but in National Rankings Georgetown is ranked significantly higher. It's not an opinion its a fact, Maryland is a fine school but its not Georgetown, just like Towson is not Hopkins, Villanova is not Penn, Hofstra is not Harvard, etc. It's just reality.

Every college mentioned in this post is 'better' than Hopkins. Hopkins is a dystopian, unromantic, sordid, misfortuned, child labor endorsing undertaking. Just a gross campus with no students. The lacrosse team can't beat Stevenson.
Sorry you weren't accepted at Hopkins.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
DMac

Post by DMac »

cthru it, Peter, don't take the bait. Can't come fresh out of the cell sayin' anything about a dreary Hopkins campus or any of that kind of stuff.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

PB very dystopian view. And ignorant. Joe Boylan was a good friend. I got to know LC very well while he was there. Coincidence: my step daughter played her last game there against Diane Geppi Akins (sp) team in the NCAA tourney. I hadn’t met her mother yet found out later

The numbers used to produce rankings can be and are manipulated to produce certain outcomes with a range of tolerance.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 am PB very dystopian view. And ignorant. Joe Boylan was a good friend. I got to know LC very well while he was there. Coincidence: my step daughter played her last game there against Diane Geppi Akins (sp) team in the NCAA tourney. I hadn’t met her mother yet found out later

The numbers used to produce rankings can be and are manipulated to produce certain outcomes with a range of tolerance.

How is the number 15 for ranking Blue Jays? Only Robert Morris lost my wider goal margin than Hopkins did in the first round of the NCAA last year. (Usually Hopkins wins that role every first round ;) )

Wouldn't logic dictate that Hopkins be pre-season ranked, at the highest, at 15? Essentially where they finished last year, even with the gift invitation.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:43 am
OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 am PB very dystopian view. And ignorant. Joe Boylan was a good friend. I got to know LC very well while he was there. Coincidence: my step daughter played her last game there against Diane Geppi Akins (sp) team in the NCAA tourney. I hadn’t met her mother yet found out later

How is the number 15 for ranking Blue Jays? Only Robert Morris lost my wider goal margin than Hopkins did in the first round of the NCAA last year. (Usually Hopkins wins that role every first round ;) )

Wouldn't logic dictate that Hopkins be pre-season ranked, at the highest, at 15? Essentially where they finished last year, even with the gift invitation.

I'm back and in good form. Appreciate the leftover contraband in the cell, fellow miscreants. Didn't need the shiv though.

As to the excellent post above, indeed. I'd have Hop around 20-25.

Trump's tweets were not about Cummings but actually about how IL grades Hopkins, I am reliably informed. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:52 pm cthru it, Peter, don't take the bait. Can't come fresh out of the cell sayin' anything about a dreary Hopkins campus or any of that kind of stuff.

I am on probation. I do realize. I will only direct my ire at IL, not Hopkins.

By the way, Loyola will beat Hop comfortably this coming year...watch. I'm nervous about Towson beating Hop, but in Towson's stead, UMBC will come in and teach the Jays about lacrosse. I saw a professional lacrosse game on TV last night (I can't tell which team is which, nor what country they represent, so don't ask me about teams); the Towson alum performed unreal: Sundae, Woodall, Goodrich...surprised they did not beat the Terps and roll through the Hoos too...those Tigers are absolute beasts.

Also, why am I on the Terps' thread...I am a Loyola fan.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”