Pro Douches

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
hooligan88

Pro Douches

Post by hooligan88 »

I got season tickets to MLL games. A majority of the players are great and engage with the fans and even sign for the kids(and some adults)after the game. It seems like the want to grow the game and show thankfulness that they are playing. But i have seen a few that avoid the fans a run away as fast as they can. This weekend it was Lyle Thompson, is he known for that? I do not know him and have never had interaction with him. Is there something i do not know. I saw a few kids trying to get him to come over to no avail. He shook hands with the other team and headed straight to the locker room. Am i missing something? Kudos to the other players who stayed. I hope maybe it was one time thing. I feel like this was a douchey thing to do. Am i wrong?
LaxManiax

Re: Pro Douches

Post by LaxManiax »

I can see how he could come off that way but I have met him a number of times and spoken with people who are close to him. Hes a shy guy and just isn't a guy who feels comfortable interacting with a large group of people. Hes super nice and loves the fans trust me. He doesn't mean to offend anyone.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Ok, cool. That puts it in perspective. I was hoping he wasn't one of "those" guys.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

I certainly don't think he's one of "those" guys at all. Everything I know about him says he's not.

With that in mind I do know what you're talking about. Seems the majority of guys in pro lacrosse are happy to sign anything and typically go out of their way to talk to fans. I do see some guys who will have a good time talking to their friends but seemingly never approach fans. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt though as who know what is going on with them in their personal life or maybe they're just having a bad day like we all do from time to time. Enjoy the ones who are personable -- I know my kids have remembered them even if they were gone in a year or two.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

All the Thompson brothers are class act, had to have been a reason for that instance.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Yea, he may have not felt well. We had dealings with Ty last year and he was a class act. Lyle is one of the reasons i went to the game. I normally do not hang around afterward but i did want to see him. The MLL has guys i want to see on every team like Staats, O'brien, Pannell, Grant,..etc. And i like how accessable they usually are.
peanutgallery

Post by peanutgallery »

We attend both Blaze and Swarm games. The Thompson clans' shirts are well represented at Swarm games on the youngster set. And they have lax camps for tribal kids. Atlanta fans, the local ones not the recently moved in, are still very Southern in their expectations of appropriate behavior. If word got out that they were less than honorable, the parentals would not be shelling out for those jerseys.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

hooligan88 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:43 am I got season tickets to MLL games. A majority of the players are great and engage with the fans and even sign for the kids(and some adults)after the game. It seems like the want to grow the game and show thankfulness that they are playing. But i have seen a few that avoid the fans a run away as fast as they can. This weekend it was Lyle Thompson, is he known for that? I do not know him and have never had interaction with him. Is there something i do not know. I saw a few kids trying to get him to come over to no avail. He shook hands with the other team and headed straight to the locker room. Am i missing something? Kudos to the other players who stayed. I hope maybe it was one time thing. I feel like this was a douchey thing to do. Am i wrong?
He may have had to catch a flight and may not have had much time..... The team doesn't travel together.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”