HS Boys Lacrosse
NYVA631

Re: 2019 NYS Public High School State Tournament

Post by NYVA631 »

Go Indians is right. It’s ABV. Anyone But Victor
roclax

Post by roclax »

VIctor made it look easy tonight, fogo was perfect i believe, A few early turnovers, that gave vestal a 2-0 lead, but that was it, All Victor. 5th straight state finals... Coaching staff must be doing something right... would have never guessed this after the CA game
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

-
Class D: Briarcliff 10 vs. Sec.11-Mattituck 3 FINAL

Briarcliff beat defending Class D Champions Pleasantville in the Section I finals and now earned a spot in the state final vs. LaFayette/Onondaga, who beat Penn Yan Academy 13-6.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

wow. 2 island champions couldn't win even one game off the island?

gonna miss the sweep predictions the next several days.
LaxFL

Post by LaxFL »

Well PY’s final loss was by more than the combined other four losses. Conner Fingar was a beast tonight at FO. Unfortunately the PY offense was not crisp with passes and WAY to many unforced turnovers. LaFayette moves the ball well and took high percentage shots, and hit almost all of them.

sabrzfan14527, I found that odd also that two Section 3 officials would be part of the crew.

Seniors...thank you ( all five I believe, that’s right only 5). PYA will be back and hungry again next year!
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

Manhasset lost but rest assure they still win by not living upstate. Enjoy the ketchup and egg noodles you schnooks
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

NYVA631 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:10 pm Manhasset lost but rest assure they still win by not living upstate. Enjoy the ketchup and egg noodles you schnooks
It's feeling more and more like the old Laxpower all the time! Enjoy the Northern, Southern and LIE traffic trow!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

NYVA631 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm Pequa and SWR handle business for strong island. Manhasset next. Guarantee you that JD will not do that to SWR
JD doesn't need to, they just need to win by one.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

NYVA631 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:10 pm Manhasset lost but rest assure they still win by not living upstate. Enjoy the ketchup and egg noodles you schnooks
Not possible! The NYC-northern suburb beats the NYC-eastern suburb for one reason: the Long Island Expressway! ;)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 pm
It's feeling more and more like the old Laxpower all the time! Enjoy the Northern, Southern and LIE traffic trow!
Yeah, always just love following the NY tourney and nothing better than upstate/LI smack, especially because it is obvious they always actually respect each other.
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

Hahahaha glad it's starting to feel like Laxpower too. Missed it all season. Also, hope everyone caught the Goodfellas reference

A - Pequa big. Bville would've been a better game but it's the Chiefs year regardless. Fogo is super dominant and they score in bunches. I don't know if we'll see running time like last year, but Pequa wins by 5 or more.

B - Manhasset was a little too young and inexperienced but they will be back. Unfortunately I think Victor wins again :( but hoping JJ has some magic and I get to see Victor lose a heart breaker again.

C - SWR in OT. Will be back and forth all day. I think SWR is a little more battle tested than JD. Teams have been keying on Arline but other players have stepped up.

...The streaming site is very legit and enjoyed the commentary. Don't give out your login info though as I got booted a couple times yesterday. Fired up for a great day Saturday. Also, when the hell are they bringing it back to Hofstra?!?!?! I'm sure it's an easier bus ride home for the upstate teams after catching L's but at least you folks could enjoy some actual food down here.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

NYVA631 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 am Hahahaha glad it's starting to feel like Laxpower too. Missed it all season. Also, hope everyone caught the Goodfellas reference

B - Manhasset was a little too young and inexperienced but they will be back. Unfortunately I think Victor wins again :( but hoping JJ has some magic and I get to see Victor lose a heart breaker again.
+1!!!!
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

roclax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:58 pm VIctor made it look easy tonight, fogo was perfect i believe, A few early turnovers, that gave vestal a 2-0 lead, but that was it, All Victor. 5th straight state finals... Coaching staff must be doing something right... would have never guessed this after the CA game
I didn’t think Victor would even make it to the section final let alone play again for a state title, but they have gotten better for sure. What struck me last night was their self confidence, even when falling behind at the beginning. That is the kind of self confidence that comes from a legacy of successful seasons. While Victor has players that can dodge to the goal or find a cutter to the crease, the invaluable part of their offense are the shooters that can find space and crank up a shot to snap the corners. That comes in big. Fogo Endres was 18/19. I believe he lost the opener.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

-
New York State Pubic HS Championship Games, Saturday, June 8th @ St. John Fisher College:

Class A: Fairport (Sec. 5) vs. Massapequa (Sec. 8) at 10 am

Class B: John Jay (Sec.1) vs. Victor (Sec. 5) at 12:30 pm

Class C: Jamesville-DeWitt (Sec. 3) vs. Shoreham-Wading River (Sec. 11) at 3:00 pm

Class D: Briarcliff (Sec. 1) vs. LaFayette/Onondaga (Sec. 3) at 5:30 pm
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 pm
Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 pm
Yeah, always just love following the NY tourney and nothing better than upstate/LI smack, especially because it is obvious they always actually respect each other.
So true!
I drove to Nassau County to watch the JJ/Manhasset game with my buddy John at Greens Irish Pub in Manhasset, but he want off Long Island!

"Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
He says, 'Bill, I believe this is killing me'
As the smile ran away from his face
'Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place'
I said,
'John, my man, follow your dreams,
But don’t wait until tomorrow
Trash those stone-washed denim jeans.
And sell your '84 Camaro'
Last edited by NYSection1 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

NYVA631 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 am Hahahaha glad it's starting to feel like Laxpower too. Missed it all season. Also, hope everyone caught the Goodfellas reference
Caught it, Great line...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUWKrzsFh2c

Usually the only one's that use the term Schnook are Good Fellas and Chicken Hawks... :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZqR4r6fcM

Haven't heard anyone call Saturdays Class B and D matchups as a battle of "Upstate" teams...Yet.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

laxpert

Post by laxpert »

NYVA631 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 am .. Also, when the hell are they bringing it back to Hofstra?!?!?! I'm sure it's an easier bus ride home for the upstate teams after catching L's but at least you folks could enjoy some actual food down here.
Informed sources tell me NYSPHAA Lacrosse Championships will return to Long Island for 2020, unsure if it is a multi year deal.
With the current format of semi’s on Wednesday instead of Thursday traveling to Long Island is slightly more palatable for Upstate teams but still challenging. Long Island eastbound travel on summer weekends is like getting a root canal.

BTW NYVA : Unless you want to be called in for a sit down I'd go easy on Rochester's Italian cuisine...they make Ragu there.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Class A - Not a good match-up for Fairport. Overall, Class A in "Upstate" was down this year.
Massapequa +5

Class B - Did not think Victor would be in position this year, because they are not the typical dominant Victor team we have become used to...since 2015. However, team confidence and chemistry play a big role this time of year. I think it will be close. Rooting for the "Upstate" win, but...
John Jay +1

Class C - Two teams that like to play fast, transition and spin the rock. I think that it comes down to defensive side of the field, both teams have proven they can score from all positions. Team defense wins championships! Whoever can throw the other out of rhythm best probably takes it.
JD +1

Class D - I have seen Lafayette late in the season. Great sticks and accurate shooters that fill the net. No idea what Briarcliff is capable of, but Lafayette has dispatched the #1, #2, #4 and #9 teams (at the time) along the playoff road to reach the State Final. There are some chinks in the armor, but I like Lafayette's chances
Lafayette +3
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

laxpert wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm
NYVA631 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 am .. Also, when the hell are they bringing it back to Hofstra?!?!?! I'm sure it's an easier bus ride home for the upstate teams after catching L's but at least you folks could enjoy some actual food down here.
Informed sources tell me NYSPHAA Lacrosse Championships will return to Long Island for 2020, unsure if it is a multi year deal.
NYSPHSAA has the following sites for boys lacrosse semis and finals for 2020 - 2022,

East Semis at U Albany (aka Downstate Championship)
West Semis at SUNY Cortland (aka Upstate Championship)
NYS Finals at Hofstra

Both U Albany and SUNY Cortland have multiple fields right next to each other to host all games (A/B/C/D) on one day at basically one location so no more 2/2 split.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”