NCAA Tournament 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LuvLax

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by LuvLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:37 am Image

😐
That was put on the bulletin board in the NU locker room. It is eerily similar to what Denver was saying last year before the Final 4 game.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

LuvLax wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:02 pm

😐
That was put on the bulletin board in the NU locker room. It is eerily similar to what Denver was saying last year before the Final 4 game.
That is EXACTLY what I was reminded of: Trinity McPherson saying "You'll struggle to beat it" when discussing the Denver defense.

I watched their final four game. I'm not sure Northwestern was the team that was struggling.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Why have the D3 Men's Final at the same time as the D1 Women's Final?! Silly...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:25 pm Why have the D3 Men's Final at the same time as the D1 Women's Final?! Silly...
It used to make so much sense when they had both the men's championships and the women's D1 championship weekend in the same town. Used to be if the men were at M&T Bank Stadium, the women were at Hopkins or Homewood. When the men were at the Linc in Philly, the women were at Villanova(home of the great 3OT UNC/MD final) or at the Philly MLS Stadium. Had a great day with the kids in Philly watching the DII and DIII finals at the Linc during the day and then heading to Nova for that 3 OT game. For some reason they split them up a few years ago. It really is terrible to have the men and women playing at the same time. There's just no reason for it.
CTra

Post by CTra »

😐
Okay okay. My Penn team was a little bit cocky. Every concern I had with Penn this year became an issue in their game against Northwestern. I don't think the defense was the issue. It was just they were playing defense for majority of the game and they relied too heavily on defense this season. The key to a good defense is not to play too much of it in my opinion. The first quarter and the final quarter were not bad. Penn's style of offense did not match well or keep up with Northwestern's. Penn's offense is a little too individual for my liking. I'm happy #14 got a hat trick though (did not score a goal in the previous 7 games). Wish they had her more involved in scoring goals this season.
Laxfan016

Post by Laxfan016 »

Do we think the Gators can pull off the upset this friday? or is Northwestern too much?
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Laxfan016 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:32 pm Do we think the Gators can pull off the upset this friday? or is Northwestern too much?
Well according to everyone's favorite poster Florida hasn't beaten a good team all year so they have no chance.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Laxfan016 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:32 pm Do we think the Gators can pull off the upset this friday? or is Northwestern too much?
I think it's possible. However, I don't think they've been tested to the extent that Northwestern has been (just look at their schedule). There's also a lot of pressure and emotion during championship weekend, and while Northwestern has been there before and knows what to expect and how to handle it, Florida has not had a team at championship weekend for over a decade, so it will be a new experience for them. We'll see how they handle it, especially coming off an emotional victory in the last round.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

CTra wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:22 pm

😐
Okay okay. My Penn team was a little bit cocky. Every concern I had with Penn this year became an issue in their game against Northwestern. I don't think the defense was the issue. It was just they were playing defense for majority of the game and they relied too heavily on defense this season. The key to a good defense is not to play too much of it in my opinion. The first quarter and the final quarter were not bad. Penn's style of offense did not match well or keep up with Northwestern's. Penn's offense is a little too individual for my liking. I'm happy #14 got a hat trick though (did not score a goal in the previous 7 games). Wish they had her more involved in scoring goals this season.
Given the state of the Ivy League just a few years ago, I thought Penn had a successful season. They pulled some nice upsets. Apart from Yale being their kryptonite, they won some solid games. They avenged their loss to Princeton in the Ivy League playoffs. The win in College Park was monumental at the time. Two over Loyola. Two wins in the NCAA tournament. Not too shabby.
OuttaNowhereWregget

jff97 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:28 am Well according to everyone's favorite poster Florida hasn't beaten a good team all year so they have no chance.
Nice snotbag backhanded swipe there, jff97. Pray tell, when and where did I write "Florida hasn't beaten a good team all year"? I'll wait...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Latest weather forecast for Friday's games

"Partly sunny, warm and humid; a couple of heavy afternoon thunderstorms; thunderstorms can bring flooding downpours, hail and damaging wind gusts."

and

"Intervals of clouds and sunshine. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 87F. Winds light and variable."
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:27 am
jff97 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:28 am Well according to everyone's favorite poster Florida hasn't beaten a good team all year so they have no chance.
Nice snotbag backhanded swipe there, jff97. Pray tell, when and where did I write "Florida hasn't beaten a good team all year"? I'll wait...
Here, maybe:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:48 pm All the top teams Florida defeated this year were either having a bad year by their standards (JMU, Maryland), decimated by injuries (North Carolina), or just weren't that great a team in the end (Princeton, Virginia). They haven't played a close game in months and they certainly haven't played anyone remotely close to Northwestern. It will be a rude awakening for the Gators in much the same way it was for Denver last year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

cltlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:23 am Here, maybe:
There's nothing maybe about a quote. I either wrote it or I didn't.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

cltlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:23 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:27 am
Here, maybe:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:48 pm All the top teams Florida defeated this year were either having a bad year by their standards (JMU, Maryland), decimated by injuries (North Carolina), or just weren't that great a team in the end (Princeton, Virginia). They haven't played a close game in months and they certainly haven't played anyone remotely close to Northwestern. It will be a rude awakening for the Gators in much the same way it was for Denver last year.
This is exactly what I was referring to. Maybe he's trying to downgrade what Florida did this because he's worried that they can compete with his beloved Northwestern, not that I think he should be.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Someone needs to learn the difference between a quotation and a characterization. Jff97 did not quote what he who shall not be named said. Rather jff97 characterized (correctly) what was said.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:39 am
You said "I'll wait", and I provided the quote. Not a difficult concept.
OuttaNowhereWregget

cltlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:33 pm
You're obviously unclear on what it means to quote someone.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:37 pm
Just go back to spamming all the threads with your lame gifs. I can't wait for the season to be over so you can make good on your promise to stop watching women's lacrosse.

Is this the proper way to quote someone? ONW wrote "I think the whole long ride is coming to an end anyway. I don't feel the same inspiration for writing about the sport as I once did...So hold on a little longer, fanlax lads and lasses--shouldn't orta be too much longer now."
OuttaNowhereWregget

jff97 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:51 pm This is exactly what I was referring to. Maybe he's trying to downgrade what Florida did this because he's worried that they can compete with his beloved Northwestern, not that I think he should be.
That's what you were lazily/sloppily referring to, was it? Crapbag job of trying to reframe your original comments if it was. If you're going to "according to" me--get it right. I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you the distinction between a top team and a good team.

Maybe you're jealous because your beloved little turtles failed to deliver the goods in the postseason yet again. Welcome to Maryland Terrapins women's lacrosse post-dynasty.

Yup – Real worried Florida can compete with Northwestern--that's why I posted this yesterday…
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 am Northwestern is in their postseason locomotive-barreling-down-the-track mode. Florida's "Natty" this year was making the Final Four by upending Maryland on their home field hockey turf. I don't care how much film they watch--the Gator's have no stinky idea of what awaits them.

NU easily by 5-ish.
OuttaNowhereWregget

cltlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:43 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:37 pm
Just go back to spamming all the threads with your lame gifs. I can't wait for the season to be over so you can make good on your promise to stop watching women's lacrosse.

Is this the proper way to quote someone? ONW wrote "I think the whole long ride is coming to an end anyway. I don't feel the same inspiration for writing about the sport as I once did...So hold on a little longer, fanlax lads and lasses--shouldn't orta be too much longer now."
You really were absent the day they taught quoting another person correctly. Where and when did I ever promise to stop watching women's lacrosse?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”