NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
valaxfan

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by valaxfan »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:26 pm
Bucket wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:54 pm A bit player? GTFO. Virginia—one of the top DI programs—is not advancing in the tournament without him.
Without who? What’s are you on about?
Think he is talking about either Shelly or Boyden.

valaxfan
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

This argument is really boring. JB has translated incredibly well. He's a slick finishing, high IQ stud. He also seems to have meshed well culturally with one of the most challenging environments around, the alphas on that roster are plentiful. UVA is lucky to have him. Willing to bet he shows up on a few AA lists. Why are we hellbent on handicapping that success?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Bucket wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:54 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:00 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:45 pm
If they wanted him on the field as much as possible he would be at Attack. The clock more minutes than Mids.
Millon might be better - he was the #1 recruit in the country in 2023. Come on, this now it is just getting stupid. JB was able to make the transition to D1 and is a starter on Virgina. Whether he plays attack or midfield, he is starting on Virginia. Kids switch position often in college lacrosse. You play where the coach thinks you are best suited to play.
I made one comment on how incredibly difficult the transition is, and your still going. The best player in D3 last year, a 24 year old, is a bit player on a top 4 D1 team...that's the difference between the divisions. I've been saying it for 6 months.
A bit player? GTFO. Virginia—one of the top DI programs—is not advancing in the tournament without him.
[/quote]

You're shitting me :lol: They have 10 guys in the wings that could replace his 40 points. He was a GREAT D3 player. D1, he's average...at best.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:27 am
If they wanted him on the field as much as possible he would be at Attack. The clock more minutes than Mids.
Millon might be better - he was the #1 recruit in the country in 2023. Come on, this now it is just getting stupid. JB was able to make the transition to D1 and is a starter on Virgina. Whether he plays attack or midfield, he is starting on Virginia. Kids switch position often in college lacrosse. You play where the coach thinks you are best suited to play.
I made one comment on how incredibly difficult the transition is, and your still going. The best player in D3 last year, a 24 year old, is a bit player on a top 4 D1 team...that's the difference between the divisions. I've been saying it for 6 months.
A bit player? GTFO. Virginia—one of the top DI programs—is not advancing in the tournament without him.
You're shitting me :lol: They have 10 guys in the wings that could replace his 40 points. He was a GREAT D3 player. D1, he's average...at best.
i'm a uva fan and alum, and i can tell you they don't. otherwise, they'd be playing. a 3rd 1st line guy has had a good rs-frosh year, and he has 20+ pts. and the 2nd line guys have gotten lots of burn and are nowhere close.
and if that were true, they also would've gotten that production from more than 2 guys last year. and more than 1 guy the year before. and the year before that, where d2 charlie bertrand led mids in scoring (notwithstanding shellenberger getting half his reps at both) and has most recently been seen on the world team. i could go on but you get the point?

i've been saying for almost a year i'd hoped boyden would replace dickson as he was the closest facsimile in a high-powered offense. but new coordinator, they went with millon and he's done well. and of course late season they've mixed it up a little to have boyden operating at att some.

there are good players all over. the average d1 player is better than the average d3 player, and up and down the spectrum. he's not a bit player, he's 4th in points, 3rd in assists by a margin, and scored at a high clip with just 50+ shots. uva has had barely half+ points to go around. strange hill to die on here. i believe all the op said was a guy would be in the top 6 for any d1 team. which boyden is. and your argument is look at boyden, it's not easy. aren't you guys d3 fans?

ftr, there will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd team aa's with 40 points @ mid.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:39 pm
i'm a uva fan and alum, and i can tell you they don't. otherwise, they'd be playing. a 3rd 1st line guy has had a good rs-frosh year, and he has 20+ pts. and the 2nd line guys have gotten lots of burn and are nowhere close.
and if that were true, they also would've gotten that production from more than 2 guys last year. and more than 1 guy the year before. and the year before that, where d2 charlie bertrand led mids in scoring (notwithstanding shellenberger getting half his reps at both) and has most recently been seen on the world team. i could go on but you get the point?

i've been saying for almost a year i'd hoped boyden would replace dickson as he was the closest facsimile in a high-powered offense. but new coordinator, they went with millon and he's done well. and of course late season they've mixed it up a little to have boyden operating at att some.

there are good players all over. the average d1 player is better than the average d3 player, and up and down the spectrum. he's not a bit player, he's 4th in points, 3rd in assists by a margin, and scored at a high clip with just 50+ shots. uva has had barely half+ points to go around. strange hill to die on here. i believe all the op said was a guy would be in the top 6 for any d1 team. which boyden is. and your argument is look at boyden, it's not easy. aren't you guys d3 fans?

Great points! Excellent post!! If you're a first line middie at UVA I'm gonna say you're prolly a top 20 D1 middie in the country. If you're the #1 guy on first middie line at UVA you're easily top 10!! Kids a stud, give it a break please.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:39 pm

Holy smokes man, I am so happy to see a sound mind enter the chat! They/we do actually root for D3, but there's a backstory with some exchanges around the NESCAC thread. Not worth reading. Boyden is/has been fantastic across divisions. Millon, and I say this having a friend whose son played at McDonough at the same time, and thus watched a few games in person (more virtually), is great. He's the future. But he's not the present IMO. Kid says the right things, he's in possession of a lot of tools. Maybe he overcomes his Dad's overbearing ways. IDK. I didn't like his game in HS. I can't tell if he really loves ball.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

I think everyone who is honest/realistic about this topic - which includes college coaches! - is more or less on the same page. There are high-level lacrosse players at all levels of the college game, and the best can hang anywhere. From this side, it has been cool to see D-III guys maximize their chance to excel at the highest level.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

I wish we got to see RPI vs RIT trilogy. Those games were nuts
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Low2high22 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 pm I wish we got to see RPI vs RIT trilogy. Those games were nuts
Watched the second one, it was REALLY fun.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

callaxdad wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 pm

Great points! Excellent post!! If you're a first line middie at UVA I'm gonna say you're prolly a top 20 D1 middie in the country. If you're the #1 guy on first middie line at UVA you're easily top 10!! Kids a stud, give it a break please.
Another title for the Tags :!: :!: :!: :!:
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Fun time today in Philly. Thank goodness for small college lax. After two snoozers in the D1 tournament yesterday, we got fireworks between Tufts and RIT, plus a pretty big upset with Adelphi knocking off L-R.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

great game. horrible broadcast. the camera work was spotty. out of frame. no replays for the good plays. and the audio kept freezing.
it’s time ESPN carry the game.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:52 pm great game. horrible broadcast. the camera work was spotty. out of frame. no replays for the good plays. and the audio kept freezing.
it’s time ESPN carry the game.
Let us talk about the hamilton game or the march RIT loss. Creditability is everything and think people on this forman have lost it.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Yeah, had a bunch of freezing/audio issues too. Nothing major, but still. I appreciate them trying to add in more camera angles to make it look like a big time broadcast, but they missed multiple plays today while zoomed way in on someone away from the ball with the field-level cam. Commentary was good though! Feels like it generally is.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:11 pm Yeah, had a bunch of freezing/audio issues too. Nothing major, but still. I appreciate them trying to add in more camera angles to make it look like a big time broadcast, but they missed multiple plays today while zoomed way in on someone away from the ball with the field-level cam. Commentary was good though! Feels like it generally is.
RIT fan
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:13 pm RIT fan
(If it matters, I think they’re a York fan.)
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:32 pm
[/quote

Let talk about the shot beating that tufts suddered in march.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 pm
ah23 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:32 pm
Let talk about the shot beating that tufts suffered in march. I
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Tufts sucks.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Lets call a spad a spad.Tufts lax Are the NATiIONAl CHaMPS. :)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”