Class A Fairport vs Hilton @ 7:30 pm
Wednesday May 29th
Class D Penn Yan vs Pal-Mac 5:00 pm
Class B Canadaigua vs Victor 7:30 pm
All games at St. John Fisher College
roclax

Re: NY Section V (Rochester area)

Post by roclax »

Nigel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm Been a while since you cracked on Cdga Roclax. I'm wondering if somewhere in your past (if you played) the Braves beat your team or ended your season. Wouldn't be surprised...

For the record, CA isn't a large school; they're a B school. The (7) large schools are in Class A. Within the local B schools (there are 12), five have a higher BEDS # than the Braves. I'm not counting McQ in that #. Their schedule is their schedule. You can poke holes in almost anybody's schedule to make it fit your agenda but at the beginning of the season, CA's schedule was a competitive as most. How they're playing now is all that matters.

The good news for CA is they don't have to concern themselves with both Victor and Brighton. At the moment it's just Thomas in front of them, while the other two try and knock each other out. Your aforementioned Victor/Brighton final ain't gonna happen.

While Cdga beat Thomas earlier in the year this rematch isn't a given. The Titans aren't a high scoring team so the question is, can their defense keep the score close enough so their offense can have a chance to win it? CA had a distinct advantage in FOs in the first meeting and I'd expect that to be the same on Sat. Braves should grind this one out IMO.

Re Victor and Brighton, well, have at it boys! It's a great storyline of the Mighty Victor versus the dream season Barons. Brighton shrugged off a huge disadvantage in FOs a month ago when they played, can they do it again? Did Fairport's recent win over Brighton expose a strategy for Victor to mimic? Victor has had a big stage presence over the past few years, we'll see if this year's team has that pedigree. I'll take Brighton in OT.

Incidentally roclax, CA has a better chance at the sectional title than the sportsmanship award this year, but nice try. Keep hatin'.
Nigel. Not hating stating facts. It was your video celebythe sportsmanship award like it was a sectional title.

That being said. Games today. Ca Thomas. Like watching paint dry. I thought there would be more offense. Not an exciting game to watch

Victor Brighton was much more exciting. First off. The officials where awful. Both sides got screwed. Victor just outlasted Brighton. The stud attack had the ball a
T end of game for Brighton and he was yard saled by stud close defender from victor to end game
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Good win for Cdga, but felt they could've put 10 in the net. Poor shot selection, bad luck on hitting a few Thomas defenders on a shot or two, and general sloppiness and drops are things they'll need to clean up to stay with Victor. As for the lack of excitement, Thomas simply had a very average offense and never really posed any threat to contest the Braves defense. Their defense was decent, and played hard, but more possessions for CA, and better possessions for CA ultimately proved the difference.

Victor v Brighton had it's ups and downs. The 'downs', as roclax stated, were unfortunately the officials, mostly in the first half. Twice, errant whistles were blown and each time just before a Victor goal. The first was about two seconds before a pass and a goal - followed by a long discussion and way too much argument from the Victor coaches - and seemed to be about a clocking issues due to a prior penalty. Result, goal correctly waived off, ball given to Victor. The second was on a Victor fast break, and the whistle was about a half a second before a shot that went into the net (think it was on the goal scored by the Victor GK). No idea about the whistle but clearly before the shot. Result, goal incorrectly (IMO) given, FO followed. One ref seemed to be overanxious to make several questionable calls, one ref seemed very uncertain about what to call and the calls he made he made late, and the third ref simply let the teams play (so he was the good one).

The 'ups' were a tight finish to the game, and more emotion in this game than the first. Victor had a great day on FOs and therefore set the pace of play. They did a nice job of taking what the Brighton defense gave them and cashed in when they could. Brighton had a mini run just before half to stay close but they never seemed to get untracked until late in the game. They closed the deficit to one goal but a bit of hero ball in the end resulted in a turnover in the closing seconds. Certainly a tough end to Brighton's great season but on the other side, Victor did show that they are still the team to beat.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Geneva will be facing off against Wayne today without their longtime coach LJ Russell. Russell and another assistant were placed on admin leave by the district last week before their game against HFL. No official comments from either the coach or the district.

Story here https://www.fltimes.com/sports/geneva-b ... 4e883.html

I believe acting coach Jeff Dunham coaches soccer at the high school and is involved with Geneva youth lacrosse. His first game went well as the Panthers throttled HFL 17-4.

This game against Wayne will no doubt be a tougher assignment as their last game was a 7-5 Geneva victory.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

LaxFL wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Class C Geneva vs Wayne @ 5:00 pm
Class A Fairport vs Hilton @ 7:30 pm
Geneva looking to repeat, Wayne looking for their first. As they say, players play...I like Geneva.

Hilton also looking for their first sectional title. Huge win for them over P'ford but they already got their win over U Fpt earlier in the season. I don't see them getting two. Red Raiders in the nightcap.

This is also the time of year where I really dislike Spectrum for not broadcasting these games like TWCS used to. :x :x :x
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Final 10-1 Geneva over Wayne. Panthers go back-to-back.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm Final 10-1 Geneva over Wayne. Panthers go back-to-back.
U Fairport breaks a 4-4 halftime tie w 5 second half goals to pull away and advance with a 9-4 win.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

BLN Episode 11 - Meet the Seniors. Fine young men, one and all. Nice to hear each is planning on attending college and intending to play lacrosse there as well.

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 pm
Nigel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm Final 10-1 Geneva over Wayne. Panthers go back-to-back.
U Fairport breaks a 4-4 halftime tie w 5 second half goals to pull away and advance with a 9-4 win.
Putting in a full game has been the issue with Hilton this season. They had a 4-2 lead on Fairport after a four goal run culminating at 8:35 of the 2ndQ and that was it for scoring for the rest of the evening. Unfortunate ending for them, but a stellar year nonetheless.
LaxFL

Post by LaxFL »

End of 1st Pal-Mac up 4-1 over PY
Halftime PY up 6-5
End of 3rd PY up 8-6
9-9 2:43 left
Headed to OT
PY 10-9 final
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

LaxFL wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:21 pm End of 1st Pal-Mac up 4-1 over PY
Halftime PY up 6-5
End of 3rd PY up 8-6
9-9 2:43 left
Headed to OT
PY 10-9 final
The big blue mustang mascot was there! Awesome!
roclax

Post by roclax »

Nigel want happened to Ca? Had the game won but fall apart the last 2 minutes of the game. Had a solid d plan but failed to finish. I. Do not think the sportsmanship award is in the cards this year. Sat on the Ca side of the stands. I understand frustration but the language towards the victor fans uncalled for. Looking forward to seeing the latest vlog
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Tough pill to swallow for Cdga, turning the ball over in the last minute plus, up by one. Wonder why no timeout was called when ball carrier got in trouble on the endline. Pretty sure CA had one left. In the end Victor made the plays when they had to- great effort to keep the ball in play on sideline just before tying the game, great determination and slashing move to the net on tying goal, great FO fast break when it mattered most, and great last save by the goalie on Cdga's final (decent) shot. Really wonder why Cdga didn't circle a wing man to the D side on the winning FO fast break play (hindsight being 20/20 obviously)?

While this isn't anywhere near the collapse of Pittsford's recent State Title game, it certainly was a game that the Braves failed to close out, and they should've closed it out.

On the plus side, both goalies played strong games, especially Kenyon for Cdga, the game atmosphere was electric, the crowd was impressive, and the referees had a very nice night (both games).

Troll elsewhere roclax. And bring some earplugs.
Last edited by Nigel on Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
roclax

Post by roclax »

Nigel wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:20 am Tough pill to swallow for Cdga, turning the ball over in the last minute plus, up by two. Wonder why no timeout was called when ball carrier got in trouble on the endline. Pretty sure CA had one left. In the end Victor made the plays when they had to- great effort to keep the ball in play on sideline just before tying the game, great determination and slashing move to the net on tying goal, great FO fast break when it mattered most, and great last save by the goalie on Cdga's final (decent) shot. Really wonder why Cdga didn't circle a wing man to the D side on the winning FO fast break play (hindsight being 20/20 obviously)?

While this isn't anywhere near the collapse of Pittsford's recent State Title game, it certainly was a game that the Braves failed to close out, and they should've closed it out.

On the plus side, both goalies played strong games, especially Kenyon for Cdga, the game atmosphere was electric, the crowd was impressive, and the referees had a very nice night (both games).

Troll elsewhere roclax. And bring some earplugs.
Nigel seem bitter when someone brings facts, it is on par with Pittsford implosion. Seems coach got caught up in game and not coaching. I agree both goalies played extremely well, I will bring earplugs, but maybe CA brings some class. The loss is solely on CA, it was theirs to lose and the players an coaches let it slip away. There is no way Victor should have won that game. They were outplayed for 46 minutes
laxtown

Post by laxtown »

Both teams (CA & Vic) were out of time outs.....they both burned their last time outs early in the 4th quarter around the 10 minute mark. seemed odd they used both time outs so early, in a game like that I would want one in my pocket for the last 2 minutes of the game. However, in coaches defense, the way the game was going every possession counted and the time outs were called in their defensive end when the clear was breaking down.

What a game!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

laxtown wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:27 am Both teams (CA & Vic) were out of time outs.....they both burned their last time outs early in the 4th quarter around the 10 minute mark. seemed odd they used both time outs so early, in a game like that I would want one in my pocket for the last 2 minutes of the game. However, in coaches defense, the way the game was going every possession counted and the time outs were called in their defensive end when the clear was breaking down.

What a game!
Thx laxtown, I remember both teams using their TOs earlier in the half but thought Vic gambled with their last one when they called it and Cdga had one left. i must've missed the announcement that they had used their last one. And you're right, they all were used with purpose.

Not to be overlooked, congrats to PY for their 24th sectional title! Once again, they got it done when it counted.
laxtown

Post by laxtown »

Yes, how about those mustangs, They just keep winning! Is coach Hobart coming back next year...does anyone happen to know?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Boy did I miss out on a couple exciting games by staying local. I had Victor winning this in a close game and I thought the principal difference maker would be Blue Devil fogo Regan Endres. He’s a pretty solid fogo, but he can play lacrosse. When the game was tied at 0:41 Victor needed someone to win the FO and make a play, not run around in circles for a dump-off and sub. Endres won the FO and made a play and got the assist on the game winning goal. That’s making a difference.
LaxFL

Post by LaxFL »

Section V sending 3 to the State Semi’s for the Upstate Title.
Class A 6/5 4:00 pm @ Fisher
Fairport Section 5 vs Baker Section 3.
Class B 6/5 6:30 pm @ Fisher
Victor Section 5 vs Vestal Section 4
Class C 6/5 4:00 pm @ CNS
East Aurora Section 6 vs JD Section 3
Class D 6/5 6:30 pm @ CNS
Penn Yan Section 5 vs LaFayette/Onondaga Section 3

Downstate Section 1 swept their games today
Sabrzfan14527

Post by Sabrzfan14527 »

laxtown wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:03 pm Yes, how about those mustangs, They just keep winning! Is coach Hobart coming back next year...does anyone happen to know?
Coach Hobart will be back, he loves what he does

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”