NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 am
RetroChode wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:55 am
jumpman23 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 am
ah23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:53 pm Funny to think about a road that was too tough for Salisbury/Wesleyan/St. Lawrence being viewed as an easy run, but it definitely was.

Only team I’d push back on is W&L: no one lucks into outplaying Salisbury on their own field the way they did. Tufts‘ first three games though…complete cakewalk.
Too bad Bowdoin couldn’t pull off the all-NESCAC championship game. For being a team that many thought should not get a bid, they really shut everyone up with a great run. I watched and they dominated Midd in that 4th quarter yesterday after a huge win at RPI. As a NESCAC guy, gotta hesitantly pull for Tufts over RIT.
As a nescac guy, *gotta pull for anyone but tufts*. there, i fixed it for ya.

Too bad theres no wes/bowdoin/midd to matchup or also represent as well. Here’s to the Tigers from canada getting it done and casey having more sleepless nights

RetroChode - Why you such a Casey D hater? Seems like it bothers you that he is one of the best coaches in Div3 lacrosse. Just curious as to why?
Give the level of consistent talent that Tufts has had for the last 5 years to any top 30 DIII, or bottom 50 DI, coach and how many Championships do they have over that same span. More? Less? The same?

Give the credit to the players. They’re the ones scoring the goals and making the saves all season. When the “run and gun” doesn’t make an opponent roll over in the first half, that’s when a coach needs to make adjustments to win the big games.

The tufts players can ram the ball down most of their regular and early post-season opponents’ throats. When that plan hits a wall late post-season, that’s where the coaching in-game adjustments comes into play. And that’s been the issue.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:53 pm Funny to think about a road that was too tough for Salisbury/Wesleyan/St. Lawrence being viewed as an easy run, but it definitely was.

Only team I’d push back on is W&L: no one lucks into outplaying Salisbury on their own field the way they did. Tufts‘ first three games though…complete cakewalk.
Too bad Bowdoin couldn’t pull off the all-NESCAC championship game. For being a team that many thought should not get a bid, they really shut everyone up with a great run. I watched and they dominated Midd in that 4th quarter yesterday after a huge win at RPI. As a NESCAC guy, gotta hesitantly pull for Tufts over RIT.

Too bad theres no wes/bowdoin/midd to matchup or also represent as well. Here’s to the Tigers from canada getting it done and casey having more sleepless nights
True NESCAC fans shouldn’t want to see Casey D-bag and his band of immature childish misfits win next weekend. Congrats to Bowdoin on a fantastic season in which everybody kept counting them out. Can’t root for Tufts. They are everything that is wrong with lacrosse. They are the reason people hate lacrosse players, especially Casey. Hopefully RIT pumps them so those arrogant pricks feel the pain of losing again
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

You words strike me as no better than what you are rallying against.
GrayPanther

Post by GrayPanther »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 am If Tufts loses, do the jumbos call Daly? Championship is the standard up in Mass. CD hasn’t been able to finish
You're assuming Daly isn't already headed to Midd for an interview ...
ah23

Post by ah23 »

To be honest, I think the “standard” that gets lectured about every year - win titles or you’re fired - is more or less a fantasy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of the Tufts people in these forums say that; it’s almost always the people who actively dislike them and are searching for problems. Certainly true for the most recent comments.

If any Jumbos fans want to correct me on that, obviously please do. Just my POV based on what I’ve seen for years in these forums.
choochooCharlie

ah23 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:03 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:11 am
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 am If Tufts loses, do the jumbos call Daly? Championship is the standard up in Mass. CD hasn’t been able to finish
This is exactly what some posters seem to struggle with. Success is relative, as is failure. Salisbury losing in the elite 8 to W&L won’t go down as a successful season for a variety of reasons. But go look at the W&L board from before the game. For a program like W&L, just MAKING the elite 8 was being viewed as a success.

Tufts has had fantastic talent and great years, and as such, dropping the games they have this year, and not even making the NESCAC championship at all, constitutes a down year FOR THEM. If they win the NC, OF COURSE that narrative changes. Anything short of that and it’s just a down year that they happened to make the most of down the stretch.
ah23 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:35 am Yeah…no shot I’m rooting for a team to win three in four years instead of a team to break through after years of knocking on the door. I don’t think it will happen (think RIT will jump out early and win by 5+), but Tufts is a much better story.
To ah23’s point, it is a unique quandary. RIT would be winning 3 in the last 4. People generally don’t like that level of dominance unless it’s their team, and USUALLY the arrogance such a team carries. Not the case here, RIT and their staff has never been suggested to behave in a way other than classy. Conversely, Tufts, the would be “break through” team, has both staff and players that have carefully crafted a persona that is VERY unlikable from anyone outside of their circle (a circle that ironically includes these same posters that just can’t bring themselves to acknowledge the relativity of “success”).

Shouldn’t be so tough to pick, I’ll take a classy program sustaining their success over… well you get it.
To be honest, I think the “standard” that gets lectured about every year - win titles or you’re fired - is more or less a fantasy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of the Tufts people in these forums say that; it’s almost always the people who actively dislike them and are searching for problems. Certainly true for the most recent comments.

If any Jumbos fans want to correct me on that, obviously please do. Just my POV based on what I’ve seen for years in these forums.
Who’s getting fired? (I mean, other than the Middlebury coach)

I’m actually saying tufts has been so great lately that some of their play this year has felt quite a bit down. They’ve bounced back and are finally, with a NC win, positioned to change the narrative on the year.

Don’t be so sensitive.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Why is there hate for Casey D? Just asking because it seems there is a lot of dislike for the guy. Just wondering. Please answer honestly but be diplomatic. Not sure why.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Don’t really know the guy but I know kids who have played for him. A common theme is he makes much of the brand of Tufts Lacrosse about him. The outfits he wears, the sneakers, etc… He try’s to be funny about it but it comes off as pompous to many parents and players.

He also try’s to push a political, social agenda on the kids. These players at Tufts get that stuff around the clock in the classroom, the dorms, student life, etc…. Give the kids a break when they step on the field. Regardless of how you feel about trans people, the team just want to take a break from hearing about it non stop.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:47 pm Don’t really know the guy but I know kids who have played for him. A common theme is he makes much of the brand of Tufts Lacrosse about him. The outfits he wears, the sneakers, etc… He try’s to be funny about it but it comes off as pompous to many parents and players.

He also try’s to push a political, social agenda on the kids. These players at Tufts get that stuff around the clock in the classroom, the dorms, student life, etc…. Give the kids a break when they step on the field. Regardless of how you feel about trans people, the team just want to take a break from hearing about it non stop.
What do you mean political and social agenda? I get that the shoes, etc can come across a certain way but that seems harmless if you ask me. What about the politics/social agenda? Are you taking about the pride stuff? Is that what you mean? I am just trying to understand because listen if he was so terrible, he would not be getting the kids that he gets or they would be transferring out.
Last edited by The12lov3 on Tue May 21, 2024 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
choochooCharlie

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm Why is there hate for Casey D? Just asking because it seems there is a lot of dislike for the guy. Just wondering. Please answer honestly but be diplomatic. Not sure why.
So, not knowing who you root for, and assuming you must not watch much Tufts lacrosse if you have to ask (because if you do, nothing I’ll mention is isolated to one game), I’ll provide this;

His “enthusiasm” on the sideline when a player of his delivers a massive hit (regardless of a player writhing on the turf), or when his team scores their 20th+ goal in a game waaaay out of reach, are unparalleled. These are just two examples. Forget being so pompous as to actually think people care what shoes you intend to wear.

He speaks in an arrogant fashion, and behaves in ways that could never be confused as humble. All of this has clearly seeped into the team culture. The choreographed team celebrations in the same above scenarios. I always thought a great Coach molds young men into respectable men of character. He seems to encourage adolescent behavior, and does so by displaying that of his own.

I’m sure most if not all of the players have fine families to emulate, so having a coach be a strong mentor likely isn’t paramount. And I’m sure they’ll be just fine, heck, might make them more cut-throat businessmen. Cheer for the huge (penalized) hits as your opponent lays injured. Act like scoring your 24th goal vs a beaten opponent is an OT winner for the NC. You know, what their known for.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm Why is there hate for Casey D? Just asking because it seems there is a lot of dislike for the guy. Just wondering. Please answer honestly but be diplomatic. Not sure why.
So, not knowing who you root for, and assuming you must not watch much Tufts lacrosse if you have to ask (because if you do, nothing I’ll mention is isolated to one game), I’ll provide this;

His “enthusiasm” on the sideline when a player of his delivers a massive hit (regardless of a player writhing on the turf), or when his team scores their 20th+ goal in a game waaaay out of reach, are unparalleled. These are just two examples. Forget being so pompous as to actually think people care what shoes you intend to wear.

He speaks in an arrogant fashion, and behaves in ways that could never be confused as humble. All of this has clearly seeped into the team culture. The choreographed team celebrations in the same above scenarios. I always thought a great Coach molds young men into respectable men of character. He seems to encourage adolescent behavior, and does so by displaying that of his own.

I’m sure most if not all of the players have fine families to emulate, so having a coach be a strong mentor likely isn’t paramount. And I’m sure they’ll be just fine, heck, might make them more cut-throat businessmen. Cheer for the huge (penalized) hits as your opponent lays injured. Act like scoring your 24th goal vs a beaten opponent is an OT winner for the NC. You know, what their known for.
This is all BS. You have no f'n clue what you are writing about. I thought you were leaving this forum?
choochooCharlie

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:21 pm This is all BS. You have no f'n clue what you are writing about. I thought you were leaving this forum?
Whoa. Relax pal, I’m not the only one that sees this stuff. There is a reason he is disliked by many, and it isn’t because of all his championships. Sit back, watch a game and do some self reflection. Consider yourself blocked.
liongoes

Post by liongoes »

Making up personal attacks about coaches and players on the W&L board, getting called out for it, then running to a different board to make things up about a different target is not a good look.
choochooCharlie

liongoes wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:41 pm Making up personal attacks about coaches and players on the W&L board, getting called out for it, then running to a different board to make things up about a different target is not a good look.
Personal? Questioning coaching decisions / experience isn’t personal. Never said anything about any specific players either.

Don’t mischaracterize something because you didn’t like it. That’s not only not a good look, it’s a lie.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:53 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:21 pm This is all BS. You have no f'n clue what you are writing about. I thought you were leaving this forum?
Whoa. Relax pal, I’m not the only one that sees this stuff. There is a reason he is disliked by many, and it isn’t because of all his championships. Sit back, watch a game and do some self reflection. Consider yourself blocked.
I've watched on stream or attended 85% of Tufts lax games since 2018. Dont pull that bs on me.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Perhaps anecdotal, but the team my son hated the most above all others was Tufts. A coincidence perhaps…
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:52 pm
I've watched on stream or attended 85% of Tufts lax games since 2018. Dont pull that bs on me.
He has nothing but BS, envy and ignorance, not worth your time.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Nescac12001 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 am

True NESCAC fans shouldn’t want to see Casey D-bag and his band of immature childish misfits win next weekend. Congrats to Bowdoin on a fantastic season in which everybody kept counting them out. Can’t root for Tufts. They are everything that is wrong with lacrosse. They are the reason people hate lacrosse players, especially Casey. Hopefully RIT pumps them so those arrogant pricks feel the pain of losing again
I talked with multiple Bowdoin parents and several players after the game. They had just had their season or college career end and they handled themselves with grace and class. Total respect for Bowdoin.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

ergit wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 pm Perhaps anecdotal, but the team my son hated the most above all others was Tufts. A coincidence perhaps…
At the end of the day almost everyone's experience is anecdotal, still relevant though. I dropped all my NESCAC dislikes years ago, but when I played Tufts was #4 for me (and there was a pretty big gap to #s 3/2/1). Everyone else in the conference was fine. Same POV was true for my parents/our traveling group in general. Their view was that the Tufts side of the bleachers was really arrogant (and obnoxious because of it), but that was as far as it went. The top (bottom?) three earned their spots because their fans routinely crossed the line with comments and were generally awful to be around. The #1 spot went to the school that occasionally played on a ridiculous little dirt field in the middle of their campus where you had to walk through what seemed like their quad to get to the field. Once you actually got there, the seating areas were close enough to allow fans and players to experience the 'hospitality' up close and personal. If you know, you know.
choochooCharlie

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:52 pm
You’re a tufts supporter. That’s fine. Then there are people that don’t like them. There really isn’t much in between. You’re either a supporter, or you dislike them. The only people that don’t mind their antics are their fans. That says something about them, not everyone else.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”