Landmark Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxguy92

Re: Landmark Conference 2024

Post by Laxguy92 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:27 pm I am willing to challenge that Etown was on their way to a 4th in '20. Despite a coaching change at Catholic the foundation that was discussed above for Catholic was there to roll. Listen their is an ebb and flow with any conference, adding the schools that we did certainly doesn't help credibility. With all of that said, its up to the coaches to recruit....Moan at Susq seems to be moving them in the right direction and Kyle Hannan is already improving what was once a dominant D3 program. The future is bright but its on the coaches to build and recruit.
Agreed! Coaches jobs.

And Catholic would’ve blasted Etown in 2020 just like they did the following 2 years, same star players as the two following years.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

2024 Spring All-Sportsmanship Lacrosse Team

Catholic University: Ryan Donohue
Drew University: Mike DeMayo
Elizabethtown College: Eric Hoover
Goucher College: Sean Nolan
Juniata College: Aiden Duran
Lycoming College: Andrew Ednie
Moravian University: Jack Swistak
University of Scranton: Seamus O'Callaghan
Susquehanna University: Dominic Contella
Wilkes University: Michael Rauch
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

That just what Im trying to say without the transfers Catholic hasn't Blasted anyone since then. I did say Etown possibly going for 4th not they would have. Good luck next year hopefully not one sided again.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Catholic had 1 D1 transfer during their most recent run. Many of the other schools have as well. That's the thing about D2/D3 you get a lot of former D1 players who decide to transfer down. Look at the vast majority of the Top 10 teams and they are littered with former D1 athletes. Hell Salisbury has made a living on scooping up former transfers. Its not just recruiting anymore its recruiting the portal as well.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Although Catholic had 1 transfer they also had Hillery do a 5th year at D1 Stony Brook and Dunn played in the senior all star game so they very realistically had 3 if not more Divison 1 talent esque players in that 2022 team
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I wonder what its like to be in Salsbury Division and get pounded every year (25 Championships) with no real chance of ever winning or getting good transfers to recruit. Is that what you really want? Im sure those coaches try to recruit but how do you sell losing.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:10 pm Although Catholic had 1 transfer they also had Hillery do a 5th year at D1 Stony Brook and Dunn played in the senior all star game so they very realistically had 3 if not more Divison 1 talent esque players in that 2022 team
Hilleary and Dunn where naturally recruited to Catholic and developed over their respective careers. The same could be said for most of that class Catholic had. I call that good recruiting and coaching
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I would have liked to have seen that Catholic team in 2020 and 2121 have a season with competition. Who knows how many out of conference games they might have won. Those 2 years were a washout one year got cancelled and the next was a joke playing conference team twice for the season. I remember watching a game or two and wondering were the best kids with some teams If you got covid and were around anyone they couldn't play either and those masks. Wow. Goucher didn't even field a team. Catholic and Scranton didn't allow fans either. I remember seeing fans standing in the road at Scranton watching the game. Crazy times for sure.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

laxdad30 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:05 pm 2024 Spring All-Sportsmanship Lacrosse Team

Catholic University: Ryan Donohue
Drew University: Mike DeMayo
Elizabethtown College: Eric Hoover
Goucher College: Sean Nolan
Juniata College: Aiden Duran
Lycoming College: Andrew Ednie
Moravian University: Jack Swistak
University of Scranton: Seamus O'Callaghan
Susquehanna University: Dominic Contella
Wilkes University: Michael Rauch
Congrats to all of these deserving student-athletes.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

D-III transfer portal opened on May 12. Closes on June 10.

Following are Landmark Conference players in the portal by school. (* Indicates seniors)

Elizabethtown - Gavin Gismondi *
Connor Stewart *

Juniata - Beaux Wojciechowski
Brandon Simioni
Aiden Duran *
Justin Toney *
Daniel Hoover *
A. John DeFruscio *

Moravian - Frank Britsch

Lycoming - Patrick Dwyer *

Scranton - Ronan MIller

Susquehanna - Jozef Korpics *
John Bachenski *
Garret Laub *
Jared Tavernite *
Marc Manfredonia

Seniors in the protal are probably looking for grad school opportunities but that doesn't mean that they might stay where the are for the 2025 season.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Sounds like Juniata might be looking for another HC. Brutal for the kids who are now on to their third HC in a short period of time. Tough to gain any footing in an unstable environment.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Wow that's sad about another coach.I forgot to ask if with a player in the conference as a parent do you have to pay to watch the games live. I hope its better than previous years. My kids have about 4 games on highlights for 3 years.They say are lost years with video.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 pm Wow that's sad about another coach.I forgot to ask if with a player in the conference as a parent do you have to pay to watch the games live. I hope its better than previous years. My kids have about 4 games on highlights for 3 years.They say are lost years with video.
This year the league moved over to https://www.flolive.tv/

Its a paid subscription but decent.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 pm Wow that's sad about another coach.I forgot to ask if with a player in the conference as a parent do you have to pay to watch the games live. I hope its better than previous years. My kids have about 4 games on highlights for 3 years.They say are lost years with video.
Yes parents have to pay for subscription. Now that’s brutal after paying tuition and activity fees.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 am
Yes parents have to pay for subscription. Now that’s brutal after paying tuition and activity fees.
If you use your student's email address you get a big discount.
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

Why so much turnover at Juniata? Have they repeatedly hired the wrong guy? Any hot candidates out there that could potentially be interested in this job?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Bananas4Laxx wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:33 pm Why so much turnover at Juniata? Have they repeatedly hired the wrong guy? Any hot candidates out there that could potentially be interested in this job?
Simply, yes to both.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

USILA Division III All American Team

These players from the Landmark Conference were awarded Honorable Mention.

Attack
Brennan Lorrence Susquehanna
Matt McAree Scranton

Defense
Colin Pierce Scranton

SSDM
Connor Stewart Elizabethtown

Goalie
Jozef Korpics Susquehanna
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

5 AA when the best team in the conference had a play in game? Jeez, inflation has officially hit the USILA! As Primetime put it, “my jacket should be a different color.” Those kids all had a greet season and nothing against them but that list is incredibly long. Takes a little something away from it to me but that’s just maybe an old man yelling at the clouds take. Anyone wanna Donny brook against me sound off.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Just gonna be a proud Dad for a minute.

https://landmarkconference.org/news/202 ... hlete.aspx

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”