NCAA Tournament 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

NULax2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:39 pm Also, I kind of feel bad for Acacia. It would suck for her to make the finals again just to lose.
Ahhhdunno. If any team is outfitted to beat Northwestern in a big game, it's BC. They've got more than enough talent. One never knows--if they jump on the Wildcats early and frustrate the Big Three...

I'm not making any predictions, I'm just saying it's possible.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 am
hmmm wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:53 am
laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:24 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up.
That’s inexcusable and there needs to be a response by unc or the ncaa. I don’t know what they can do but that’s ridiculous. Edit: looks like she has another year of eligibility. She needs a lengthy suspension. Not a 1 gamer against furman. Like 5 games.
It would be one thing if this player didn't have a history of this kind of stuff going all the way back to high school. Saw her get red carded for a cross check to the back of a player's neck behind the play in a Under Armour Underclass game when she was a rising senior at BI. The girl she hit is now a teammate at UNC and Levy was on the sideline when it happened. She also took a cheap shot at my daughter in a HS game as the ball was going up to the other end out of frustration that no one saw, but my daughter was bleeding all over the place.
Ugh. But really even if she never had a history of this, this is criminal - not in the colloquial way but actual assault. Let’s see Levy - the self proclaimed arbiter of safety - respond.
It wasn’t Levy’s type of game so why ask her like it’s her fault?? She most likely talked to her about it but also it’s a senior playing in their last ever game so that could’ve made her mad after being well guarded all game. I’m not saying it was right but i’m saying Reilly Casey is not an awful person who is always trying to hurt people..
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

uncfan1013 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up.
That’s inexcusable and there needs to be a response by unc or the ncaa. I don’t know what they can do but that’s ridiculous. Edit: looks like she has another year of eligibility. She needs a lengthy suspension. Not a 1 gamer against furman. Like 5 games.
It would be one thing if this player didn't have a history of this kind of stuff going all the way back to high school. Saw her get red carded for a cross check to the back of a player's neck behind the play in a Under Armour Underclass game when she was a rising senior at BI. The girl she hit is now a teammate at UNC and Levy was on the sideline when it happened. She also took a cheap shot at my daughter in a HS game as the ball was going up to the other end out of frustration that no one saw, but my daughter was bleeding all over the place.
Ugh. But really even if she never had a history of this, this is criminal - not in the colloquial way but actual assault. Let’s see Levy - the self proclaimed arbiter of safety - respond.
It wasn’t Levy’s type of game so why ask her like it’s her fault?? She most likely talked to her about it but also it’s a senior playing in their last ever game so that could’ve made her mad after being well guarded all game. I’m not saying it was right but i’m saying Reilly Casey is not an awful person who is always trying to hurt people..
I don't think it was her last game - didn't she redshirt her freshman year?
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm
laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 pm Yea that’s a 5 game suspension easy. Surely Coach Levy being all things safety will respond appropriately
The only reason Levy, and anyone else for that matter, got involved in "safety" issues was because Mrs. Everson wanted a pound of flesh for what happened to her daughter at Kenneth P. LaValle. Levy, nor anyone else, would have proposed anything like what happened between the 30's this season if the pissed off corporate executive didn't go on the warpath.
I’m sure the person you’re referring to has picked up the mantra again this time, right? After all, it wasn’t about her daughter but safety in the game overall that she desperately wanted to fix, right? I must have missed the Katie Couric post this time.
It was a redshirt junior which means she has one year of eligibility if wanted but I think she isn’t returning and will forgo her last year so the NCAA can’t really do anything about it.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:10 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 pm

I don't think it was her last game - didn't she redshirt her freshman year?
She has eligibility but it would be silly for her to come back and I don’t see it happening, we will be way too stacked on the offense so she could fall in the rotation.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:34 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm Florida at Maryland- Gators take it.
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse take it by 5.
Michigan at BC, - Michigan takes down BC.
Penn at NW, - NW wins easily.

Joe
Joe and NULax, just curious: why do you guys think BC is vulnerable against Michigan? I am thinking that Michigan just doesn't have enough offense to get over the BC hump. Curious about your thinking.
Because I think Michigan showed they can win an offensive shootout against ND on Sunday. If they can make a few timely stops, they can score on BC enough to take this game. I could be wrong, but just have a feeling.

Joe
Thank you both, and what you say makes sense. But I just think BC will be too well-rounded and disciplined for Michigan to overcome. I will say I was really impressed by Michigan against UND, so who knows. But I do kind of think Acacia will make the final only to.....
saltylaxer

Post by saltylaxer »

Joe
Florida at Maryland- Florida
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - BC
Penn at NW, - if the right Penn team shows up, think and hope they can get the upset. ok being alone here
CTra

Post by CTra »

saltylaxer wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:34 pm

Joe
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - BC
Penn at NW, - if the right Penn team shows up, think and hope they can get the upset. ok being alone here
Hey you're not alone! I hope Penn can pull off a win or at least put on a close performance. Hate for Penn to be eliminated at this stage, when certain other teams may continue.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Joe
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - BC
Maryland
Cuse
BC
NW

Sorry to go with all the favourites but I think it will fall this way.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:28 pm

Joe
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - BC
Maryland
Cuse
BC
NW

Maryland-Bit of a homer pick here, but I do think they can win and also want to go against the grain since not a lot of people here actually think they belong in the quarterfinals,
Syracuse-Yale's first time here while Syracuse is a QF mainstay. That makes a difference.
BC-Not sure how people see the upset pick here. BC just doing what they do every year. They'll be shipping down to Cary.
Northwestern-Not sure I need to explain this one.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

jff97 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:28 pm

Joe
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - BC
Maryland
Cuse
BC
NW

Maryland-Bit of a homer pick here, but I do think they can win and also want to go against the grain since not a lot of people here actually think they belong in the quarterfinals,
Syracuse-Yale's first time here while Syracuse is a QF mainstay. That makes a difference.
BC-Not sure how people see the upset pick here. BC just doing what they do every year. They'll be shipping down to Cary.
Northwestern-Not sure I need to explain this one.
I don’t know, BC weren’t overly impressive against Princeton. If Princeton hadn’t had a lapse of concentration at the end of the 2Q - they allowed 3 goals in the final 30 seconds - then the game would have been much closer.

Rooting for Michigan in this one and not Acacia and her annual band of transfer portal kids :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

4 good games today, all day. :) Noon until 10 PM...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Turned on the game a few minutes late and Florida are already 3-0 up!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:10 pm Turned on the game a few minutes late and Florida are already 3-0 up!
5-0. I don't think it is going to get better. Florida looks loose and happy and the kids are executing.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:18 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:10 pm Turned on the game a few minutes late and Florida are already 3-0 up!
5-0. I don't think it is going to get better. Florida looks loose and happy and the kids are executing.
Yep. That 6th goal shouldn’t have stood, clear yellow card on the Florida kid.

Florida dominating possession right now!

(Sorry for the multiple post can’t work out how to delete the duplicates!)
Last edited by laxlaxlax on Thu May 16, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

What is the record for fastest running clock in the quarterfinals?
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

This reminds me of the Syracuse game against Virginia a few weeks ago

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”