Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by cradleandshoot »

I wonder if the time being wasted by police having to babysit these misfits could be better used being on the streets catching criminals? That is just crazy talk on my part. What police officer would not want to be on a college campus listening to a bunch of ungrateful little children having a hissy fit. Their idea of " roughing it" involves living in tents with their smart phones and laptops and getting mommy and daddy to pay so they can order food on grub hub. Rough life it is. If you actually had a job and a goal in life you wouldn't have time for such nonsense. :roll: I'm not saying these young children shouldn't protest. There is a difference between a peaceful protest and an occupation force trying to take over a college and dictate to that college how they should invest their money. Maybe mommy and daddy should revoke their grub hub privileges? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:47 am I wonder if the time being wasted by police having to babysit these misfits could be better used being on the streets catching criminals? That is just crazy talk on my part. What police officer would not want to be on a college campus listening to a bunch of ungrateful little children having a hissy fit. Their idea of " roughing it" involves living in tents with their smart phones and laptops and getting mommy and daddy to pay so they can order food on grub hub. Rough life it is. If you actually had a job and a goal in life you wouldn't have time for such nonsense. :roll: I'm not saying these young children shouldn't protest. There is a difference between a peaceful protest and an occupation force trying to take over a college and dictate to that college how they should invest their money. Maybe mommy and daddy should revoke their grub hub privileges? :D
Your parent's generation said the exact same thing in the 60's. What did the hippies turn into, as I've said before?

They sold out in the 80's, invested in the 90's, and made the gap between rich and poor a titanic gap.....and they are the generation that moved our entire country to the right.

First thing you're taught about the Gilded Age is that the lifespan of the working class was far lower than the Rich.

We've entered another Gilded age. Last one led to Unions and the working class telling the rich to F off, you can't be rich without us. The major problem this time around is that they sorta can be rich without the working class.

Re: the protesters, Bill Maher said the EXACT thing I did a week or so back: the media (and the folks who click on their stories), are making it sound like all of UCLA (to pick on school) is out protesting, and hate Israel. The reality is that this is a TINY number of students there.

This is what the protesters want...the illusion that all of America's Youth is behind them.

Don't give them what they want, and they'll get bored, and go away. They have to start paying off their student loans.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:36 pm Hamas fighters do not have innocent shields as individual protection in front of them in the trenches while they are fighting Mr.
tough guy. The are not hiding behind innocents in the way you would like to have us believe. They are operating, defending areas which includes innocents. The same way all battles in history have been fought in cities.

So enough of the gaslighting!

You want to eject Hamas from their position, you want to kill them, go in and do it by digging them out. You will take greater casualties then just sitting back and bombing indiscriminately. You will also kill far fewer innocents. You are killing many more innocents than Hamas fighters as it stands now!

Now of course if your real goal is to clear Gaza to take over the land, keep on doing what you are doing.
WAR IS HELL no matter how you look at it. Been that way for thousands of years. Sadly it took you until October 7 2023 to become indoctrinated into that fact. :roll:
... more gaslighting. More buffoonery. :roll:
Then tell us how Israel conducts a more friendly and politically correct war?? Put your Field Marshalls cap on for a moment. Your insulting me because your too chicken chit to answer a simple question. I always knew you were an obnoxious FLP liberal. I guess I can add coward to your resume as well.
DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️
DEATH TO AMERICA ☠️
DEATH TO the INFIDELS ☠️
The coward's are people like you who support bombing innocent bystanders rather than directly engaging Hamas, Mr. Buffoon. I have already clearly answered your question. There is nothing magical about the answer, nor is there anything friendly, only fewer casualties of innocents. Only a buffoon would have to be told the answer, the answer known for ages.

:lol: :lol: :lol: at the Buffoon :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:32 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:36 pm Hamas fighters do not have innocent shields as individual protection in front of them in the trenches while they are fighting Mr.
tough guy. The are not hiding behind innocents in the way you would like to have us believe. They are operating, defending areas which includes innocents. The same way all battles in history have been fought in cities.

You want to eject Hamas from their position, you want to kill them, go in and do it by digging them out. You will take greater casualties then just sitting back and bombing indiscriminately. You will also kill far fewer innocents. You are killing many more innocents than Hamas fighters as it stands now!

Now of course if your real goal is to clear Gaza to take over the land, keep on doing what you are doing.
WAR IS HELL no matter how you look at it. Been that way for thousands of years. Sadly it took you until October 7 2023 to become indoctrinated into that fact. :roll:
Then tell us how Israel conducts a more friendly and politically correct war?? Put your Field Marshalls cap on for a moment. Your insulting me because your too chicken chit to answer a simple question. I always knew you were an obnoxious FLP liberal. I guess I can add coward to your resume as well.
DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️
DEATH TO AMERICA ☠️
DEATH TO the INFIDELS ☠️
The coward's are people like you who support bombing innocent bystanders rather than directly engaging Hamas, Mr. Buffoon. I have already clearly answered your question. There is nothing magical about the answer, nor is there anything friendly, only fewer casualties of innocents. Only a buffoon would have to be told the answer, the answer known for ages.

War is Hell, that has been the case for thousands of years. The Palestinian people chose Hamas to lead them. This probably isn't what they bargained for. The fighting would end immediately if Hamas put down their weapons. The dirty little secret you will never address is that Hamas doesn't give a chit about the Palestinian people. War is Hell this one is no different than any other war. You seem to have some asinine notion that wars can be fought in a politically correct manner. The war in Ukraine that you wave your pom poms over doesn't seem to faze you one damn bit. This may come as a shock to you but 1000s of civilians are dying there to. Funny how no college students are protesting that war. :roll: When you overcome your hypocrisy you'll probably feel better.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Lott: Campus rabbi on navigating campus conflict
by Jessica Lott
May 14, 2024

As the campus rabbi at Northwestern Hillel, wherever I have gone in the last several months, people ask me, “What is it really like on campus right now? How are the Jewish students doing?” It is impossible to answer these questions, because every student’s experience is unique, but there are some common threads.

Some Jewish students are feeling isolated from their peers. Some Jewish students are feeling like Hillel is a refuge and the only place they can be their full selves. Some Jewish students are feeling alienated from institutions like Hillel. Some Jewish students are feeling forced to weigh in on an issue they don’t know much or care much about. Some Jewish students are feeling that the only way to survive socially is to stay silent.

Many Jewish students — including quite a few who have shared their experiences and concerns directly with me — are feeling forced to take one side or the other in a conversation about a conflict that is not just two-sided. I often feel the same way.

What explains this stark dynamic that has left so many students pitted against one another? I think it is the very natural impulse to seek clarity in the face of chaos, to make sense of senseless loss and to exert any influence we can against powers beyond our control. These desires make us human, but they also sometimes lead individuals to reach absolute conclusions without leaving any room for disagreement, discretion or nuance. It’s how we end up overwhelmed by hurtful rhetoric, blunt slogans, unyielding demands and lots and lots of statements.

Against this backdrop, I’ve spent the last several months intentionally focused on listening to students. I chose not to publicly weigh in on the situation in Israel and in Gaza — and the conflict it has created on campus. Like many of the Jewish students I know, I made that choice partially out of concern that saying something — saying anything — would alienate some portion of our community or make them think I couldn’t be there for them. Unfortunately, I am afraid that I created exactly that impression by saying nothing.

I do, in fact, feel strongly. I believe that, over the last few weeks, the rhetoric and behavior from some on campus have gone from tense to toxic. This environment is not advancing the cause of peace, and it has further discouraged and frustrated the majority of students who believe that there is a better path forward guided by constructive and empathetic conversation.

In that spirit, I feel it’s important to humbly share my own thoughts.

I believe Jews have a homeland, that the Land of Israel is that place and that it was our homeland long before the modern State of Israel was established. I know there are Israeli hostages in Gaza who should be home with their families. I know that the citizens of Israel are suffering daily from the losses they have experienced since Oct. 7 and from the collective grief and fear they hold because of how this connects to the stories of persecution Jews carry in our DNA and in our souls. Israelis came from all over the world to return to our homeland and should be able to live without the threat of violence from their neighbors.

I also believe two peoples can hold the same place as their homeland, and the consequences of that are really hard.

Palestinians have been in the region for centuries and deserve freedom of movement and lives of peace and prosperity without the threat of violence from their neighbors. There are innocent people starving and suffering in Gaza who should have food and shelter and water and homes and a life free from bombardment. War has ravaged their community in ways that have irrevocably broken my heart.

I don’t claim to know how to fix it. I’m not a historian or foreign policy expert or negotiator, but I am a rabbi and an educator and a human who believes that more than one party needs to cease their fire — of actual weapons, of psychological manipulation, of hateful words and of destructive actions. The destruction of one party or the other will only cause more pain. The only way forward is to figure out how to live together in peace.

So what can we do here at NU? What kind of change can we actually affect? We can start by trying to increase communication, collaboration and care for one another.

There is critical work to be done right here in our community. That work is trying to understand and respect an opinion that’s different from your own and to hold as true a story that conflicts with your truth. At NU, we are smart and sensitive and nuanced enough to hold more than one thing as true at the same time. We can honor those whose thoughts and feelings and opinions are still in formation, rather than humiliate them. We can applaud those who are willing to admit they just don’t know enough and want to learn from multiple perspectives. We can exercise free speech, and we can be kind and cautious and humble in our speech.

For my part, I will continue to offer Jewish education, spiritual guidance and religious support to all students alongside my colleagues at Northwestern Hillel. I invite you to take a walk with me so I can hear your stories, and I commit to continue hosting spaces for students to connect with one another across differences. No student will ever be excluded because of beliefs they do or do not hold. When we say we welcome everyone, we mean it.

So, “what is it really like on campus right now?” That’s up to us, so let’s figure it out together.

Jessica Lott is Campus Rabbi at Northwestern Hillel. She can be contacted at [email protected]. If you would like to respond publicly to this op-ed, send a Letter to the Editor to [email protected]. The views expressed in this piece do not necessarily reflect the views of all staff members of The Daily Northwestern.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/05/1 ... -conflict/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks for sharing outta.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:32 am

DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️
DEATH TO AMERICA ☠️
DEATH TO the INFIDELS ☠️

War is Hell, that has been the case for thousands of years. The Palestinian people chose Hamas to lead them. This probably isn't what they bargained for. The fighting would end immediately if Hamas put down their weapons. The dirty little secret you will never address is that Hamas doesn't give a chit about the Palestinian people. War is Hell this one is no different than any other war. You seem to have some asinine notion that wars can be fought in a politically correct manner. The war in Ukraine that you wave your pom poms over doesn't seem to faze you one damn bit. This may come as a shock to you but 1000s of civilians are dying there to. Funny how no college students are protesting that war. :roll: When you overcome your hypocrisy you'll probably feel better.
more gaslight.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm Lott: Campus rabbi on navigating campus conflict
by Jessica Lott
May 14, 2024

As the campus rabbi at Northwestern Hillel, wherever I have gone in the last several months, people ask me, “What is it really like on campus right now? How are the Jewish students doing?” It is impossible to answer these questions, because every student’s experience is unique, but there are some common threads.

Some Jewish students are feeling isolated from their peers. Some Jewish students are feeling like Hillel is a refuge and the only place they can be their full selves. Some Jewish students are feeling alienated from institutions like Hillel. Some Jewish students are feeling forced to weigh in on an issue they don’t know much or care much about. Some Jewish students are feeling that the only way to survive socially is to stay silent.

Many Jewish students — including quite a few who have shared their experiences and concerns directly with me — are feeling forced to take one side or the other in a conversation about a conflict that is not just two-sided. I often feel the same way.

What explains this stark dynamic that has left so many students pitted against one another? I think it is the very natural impulse to seek clarity in the face of chaos, to make sense of senseless loss and to exert any influence we can against powers beyond our control. These desires make us human, but they also sometimes lead individuals to reach absolute conclusions without leaving any room for disagreement, discretion or nuance. It’s how we end up overwhelmed by hurtful rhetoric, blunt slogans, unyielding demands and lots and lots of statements.

Against this backdrop, I’ve spent the last several months intentionally focused on listening to students. I chose not to publicly weigh in on the situation in Israel and in Gaza — and the conflict it has created on campus. Like many of the Jewish students I know, I made that choice partially out of concern that saying something — saying anything — would alienate some portion of our community or make them think I couldn’t be there for them. Unfortunately, I am afraid that I created exactly that impression by saying nothing.

I do, in fact, feel strongly. I believe that, over the last few weeks, the rhetoric and behavior from some on campus have gone from tense to toxic. This environment is not advancing the cause of peace, and it has further discouraged and frustrated the majority of students who believe that there is a better path forward guided by constructive and empathetic conversation.

In that spirit, I feel it’s important to humbly share my own thoughts.

I believe Jews have a homeland, that the Land of Israel is that place and that it was our homeland long before the modern State of Israel was established. I know there are Israeli hostages in Gaza who should be home with their families. I know that the citizens of Israel are suffering daily from the losses they have experienced since Oct. 7 and from the collective grief and fear they hold because of how this connects to the stories of persecution Jews carry in our DNA and in our souls. Israelis came from all over the world to return to our homeland and should be able to live without the threat of violence from their neighbors.

I also believe two peoples can hold the same place as their homeland, and the consequences of that are really hard.

Palestinians have been in the region for centuries and deserve freedom of movement and lives of peace and prosperity without the threat of violence from their neighbors. There are innocent people starving and suffering in Gaza who should have food and shelter and water and homes and a life free from bombardment. War has ravaged their community in ways that have irrevocably broken my heart.

I don’t claim to know how to fix it. I’m not a historian or foreign policy expert or negotiator, but I am a rabbi and an educator and a human who believes that more than one party needs to cease their fire — of actual weapons, of psychological manipulation, of hateful words and of destructive actions. The destruction of one party or the other will only cause more pain. The only way forward is to figure out how to live together in peace.

So what can we do here at NU? What kind of change can we actually affect? We can start by trying to increase communication, collaboration and care for one another.

There is critical work to be done right here in our community. That work is trying to understand and respect an opinion that’s different from your own and to hold as true a story that conflicts with your truth. At NU, we are smart and sensitive and nuanced enough to hold more than one thing as true at the same time. We can honor those whose thoughts and feelings and opinions are still in formation, rather than humiliate them. We can applaud those who are willing to admit they just don’t know enough and want to learn from multiple perspectives. We can exercise free speech, and we can be kind and cautious and humble in our speech.

For my part, I will continue to offer Jewish education, spiritual guidance and religious support to all students alongside my colleagues at Northwestern Hillel. I invite you to take a walk with me so I can hear your stories, and I commit to continue hosting spaces for students to connect with one another across differences. No student will ever be excluded because of beliefs they do or do not hold. When we say we welcome everyone, we mean it.

So, “what is it really like on campus right now?” That’s up to us, so let’s figure it out together.

Jessica Lott is Campus Rabbi at Northwestern Hillel. She can be contacted at [email protected]. If you would like to respond publicly to this op-ed, send a Letter to the Editor to [email protected]. The views expressed in this piece do not necessarily reflect the views of all staff members of The Daily Northwestern.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/05/1 ... -conflict/
... I have seen very similar pieces from a number of Campus chaplains (rabbis, pastors, etc.) over the past couple weeks. These folks are very special. Being an atheist as a college student, I had great affection for Hopkin's Chaplin, Chester Wickwire. Probably the most popular man on campus at the time.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:47 am I wonder if the time being wasted by police having to babysit these misfits could be better used being on the streets catching criminals? That is just crazy talk on my part. What police officer would not want to be on a college campus listening to a bunch of ungrateful little children having a hissy fit. Their idea of " roughing it" involves living in tents with their smart phones and laptops and getting mommy and daddy to pay so they can order food on grub hub. Rough life it is. If you actually had a job and a goal in life you wouldn't have time for such nonsense. :roll: I'm not saying these young children shouldn't protest. There is a difference between a peaceful protest and an occupation force trying to take over a college and dictate to that college how they should invest their money. Maybe mommy and daddy should revoke their grub hub privileges? :D
Your parent's generation said the exact same thing in the 60's. What did the hippies turn into, as I've said before?

They sold out in the 80's, invested in the 90's, and made the gap between rich and poor a titanic gap.....and they are the generation that moved our entire country to the right.

First thing you're taught about the Gilded Age is that the lifespan of the working class was far lower than the Rich.

We've entered another Gilded age. Last one led to Unions and the working class telling the rich to F off, you can't be rich without us. The major problem this time around is that they sorta can be rich without the working class.

Re: the protesters, Bill Maher said the EXACT thing I did a week or so back: the media (and the folks who click on their stories), are making it sound like all of UCLA (to pick on school) is out protesting, and hate Israel. The reality is that this is a TINY number of students there.

This is what the protesters want...the illusion that all of America's Youth is behind them.

Don't give them what they want, and they'll get bored, and go away. They have to start paying off their student loans.
When Jewish students no longer feel safe on campus then there is a very serious problem. The culture among the students at some universities is going against the grain of what their ideological goals are. No student on any college campus should be afraid of who they are, who they pray to or anything else for that matter. I feel fairly certain if your a Jewish student you understand the history of the last 80 years. They have heard the stories passed down about relatives who wound up as lampshades because the thin skin when cured properly was an excellent refractor of light.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:37 pm

When Jewish students no longer feel safe on campus then there is a very serious problem.
I didn't say there wasn't a serious problem. What I said was, their numbers are nowhere near the media is portraying them. And this is to the protester's benefit.

Again...we had these wankers at UMich. And they picketed Synagogues, too. 20+ years before the current protests. And yep, it made Jewish people in the area feel unsafe, because these were the OG "from the city to the sea" ***holes.
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:37 pm The culture among the students at some universities is going against the grain of what their ideological goals are. No student on any college campus should be afraid of who they are, who they pray to or anything else for that matter. I feel fairly certain if your a Jewish student you understand the history of the last 80 years. They have heard the stories passed down about relatives who wound up as lampshades because the thin skin when cured properly was an excellent refractor of light.
No argument. Recall that's how Muslim kids felt in the early 2000's....I was there. Even in Ann Arbor, businesses that were perceived to be Muslim-owned shut down for lack of business. Sad stuff.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:59 pm

When Jewish students no longer feel safe on campus then there is a very serious problem.
I didn't say there wasn't a serious problem. What I said was, their numbers are nowhere near the media is portraying them. And this is to the protester's benefit.

Again...we had these wankers at UMich. And they picketed Synagogues, too. 20+ years before the current protests. And yep, it made Jewish people in the area feel unsafe, because these were the OG "from the city to the sea" ***holes.
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:37 pm The culture among the students at some universities is going against the grain of what their ideological goals are. No student on any college campus should be afraid of who they are, who they pray to or anything else for that matter. I feel fairly certain if your a Jewish student you understand the history of the last 80 years. They have heard the stories passed down about relatives who wound up as lampshades because the thin skin when cured properly was an excellent refractor of light.
No argument. Recall that's how Muslim kids felt in the early 2000's....I was there. Even in Ann Arbor, businesses that were perceived to be Muslim-owned shut down for lack of business. Sad stuff.
My buddy was perceived to be Muslim and he and his family fled Omaha….he is Sikh….another Muslim friend spent a weekend in jail because his name was in an old police data base for failing to show up for juvenile court in East Lansing, Michigan…. He stole a bike to ride home when he was 15…... he was in his 3rd year of his PhD program in mathematics and computer science….. father was on faculty at Michigan State. The family fled when the Shah fell.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:16 pm

My buddy was perceived to be Muslim and he and his family fled Omaha….he is Sikh….another Muslim friend spent a weekend in jail because his name was in an old police data base for failing to show up for juvenile court in East Lansing, Michigan…. He stole a bike to ride home when he was 15…... he was in his 3rd year of his PhD program in mathematics and computer science….. father was on faculty at Michigan State. The family fled when the Shah fell.
What astounds me every day is the compartmentalized, short-sighted view of history ALL humans have. They want to pick a particular event and focus on that. There is no "beginning," no "Big Bang" of human history. What there is is a continuum of intertwined events best characterized as a tale of sound and fury, signifying nothing... Big Bill said it best.

So, let's all admit we don't know all of the antecedents and various contributing factors, and concentrate on that which MIGHT be knowable and changeable: no more indiscriminate application of force, no more "explaining away" depravity. Doesn't have to be complicated, doesn't have to be subtle. Just fcuking knock it off. And, collectively, the rest of the world community should enforce this. If Israel insists on exacting a murderous revenge, then let them stand alone, financially and politically. If Hamas continues its barbarity, extortion, and suppression of the will of the Palestinian people, then they should be shunned and arrested when possible. This would mean pressuring the various state actors who enable them. Would this be difficult and take discipline and continuity that perhaps the feckless American electorate can't muster? Maybe, but we should still try.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:16 pm

What astounds me every day is the compartmentalized, short-sighted view of history ALL humans have. They want to pick a particular event and focus on that. There is no "beginning," no "Big Bang" of human history. What there is is a continuum of intertwined events best characterized as a tale of sound and fury, signifying nothing... Big Bill said it best.

So, let's all admit we don't know all of the antecedents and various contributing factors, and concentrate on that which MIGHT be knowable and changeable: no more indiscriminate application of force, no more "explaining away" depravity. Doesn't have to be complicated, doesn't have to be subtle. Just fcuking knock it off. And, collectively, the rest of the world community should enforce this. If Israel insists on exacting a murderous revenge, then let them stand alone, financially and politically. If Hamas continues its barbarity, extortion, and suppression of the will of the Palestinian people, then they should be shunned and arrested when possible. This would mean pressuring the various state actors who enable them. Would this be difficult and take discipline and continuity that perhaps the feckless American electorate can't muster? Maybe, but we should still try.
Right is right and wrong is wrong…..as for my friend Nasser….he did tell me that the American influence may have been too much as there were streets named after American Presidents in Tehran. Really a good dude. I had three Iranian friends and one Egyptian friend in graduate school. I learned a lot living in the graduate dorms for two years. Friends from all over the world…… Yeah college is a waste of time.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like university / college protests are winding down. Hopkins, Towson and Syracuse encampments closed down over Sunday - Monday. Don't know the details of the circumstances for Towson and Syracuse. Hopkins protestors got an agreement to negotiate divestment terms on an expedited schedule (5 - 7 months sooner than the University had earlier claimed was possible). The Hopkins divestment demand covered 3 types of divestment. I think the University will agree to 1.5 of the 3 demands. They are easy to agree to, with no cost.

One university protest is still going, one of the earliest protests, Cal Poly, Humboldt. Not what I would consider an "elite school", the kind all the right-wing "know nothings" want to blame. It is in fact a school of ~8000 students located in MAGA country ( :lol: ), 80 miles south of the Oregon state line. They held their graduation over the weekend, with protests but no violence.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:02 pm Looks like university / college protests are winding down. Hopkins, Towson and Syracuse encampments closed down over Sunday - Monday. Don't know the details of the circumstances for Towson and Syracuse. Hopkins protestors got an agreement to negotiate divestment terms on an expedited schedule (5 - 7 months sooner than the University had earlier claimed was possible). The Hopkins divestment demand covered 3 types of divestment. I think the University will agree to 1.5 of the 3 demands. They are easy to agree to, with no cost.

One university protest is still going, one of the earliest protests, Cal Poly, Humboldt. Not what I would consider an "elite school", the kind all the right-wing "know nothings" want to blame. It is in fact a school of ~8000 students located in MAGA country ( :lol: ), 80 miles south of the Oregon state line. They held their graduation over the weekend, with protests but no violence.
Yeah there was a bunch of whiny little college kids at the University of Rochester who complained that their cell phones and laptops were thrown out during the clean up. Nobody bothered to ask why the dumb f***s left them in their tents unsecured. :roll: And these dumb ass skulls full of mush are going to be our future leaders? :roll:
I've done mega tent camping in my day. Never once left my laptop and smart phone unsecured in my tent. Even if I had a smart phone and a laptop they effing NEVER would have went tent camping with. The whole effing purpose of tent camping was to get away from the world and technology.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

For certain, the yachting stinks in Salt Lake...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Columbia president Shafik faced a vote of no confidence by the Columbia faculty, and lost. Only 29% of the voting faculty supported her. The board of trustees continue to support her. She became a tool of the fascist republiCON controlled House, never a good look for a university president unless applying for a job with Trump, Minister of mis-Education or the Irma Grese memorial concentration camp guard position.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri May 17, 2024 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”