Georgetown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HGK

Re: Georgetown 2024

Post by HGK »

I didn’t notice it in real time, but watching the on line video of the game, Schubert had a look away feed to the crease for a goal that was ridiculous. Whether he was hurt or just needed time to come into his own I have no idea. But he definitely brings a dynamic to the offense the Hoyas did not have on February 25th.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yo, could you keep your voice down so we can keep this kids name on the DL until after my son drafts him in next years fantasy draft?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
HGK

Post by HGK »

Hoyas had a great season.

6th straight conference title, tying the D1 record.

Only team to beat the consensus #1 during regular season.

Seeded playoff team.

Beat a 2x consecutive FF team in first round.

The issue continues to be how does this program get back to Memorial Day Weekend? Is this a team overachieving to get to the QFs or is it a team underachieving to get to MMD weekend? My opinion is it is neither. It is a program right there, playing roughly to their potential and simply in need of a few more pieces to get over the top. I mean you can’t be much closer than the Hoyas are the last 4-5years.

Congratulations to all the seniors and graduate players for their commitment and leadership this year. It was a great run and you made the program proud with your efforts and accomplishments.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

HGK wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:59 pm Hoyas had a great season.

Seeded playoff team.

The issue continues to be how does this program get back to Memorial Day Weekend? Is this a team overachieving to get to the QFs or is it a team underachieving to get to MMD weekend? My opinion is it is neither. It is a program right there, playing roughly to their potential and simply in need of a few more pieces to get over the top. I mean you can’t be much closer than the Hoyas are the last 4-5years.

Congratulations to all the seniors and graduate players for their commitment and leadership this year. It was a great run and you made the program proud with your efforts and accomplishments.
Agree 100%. Warne and crew did a great job, and the team came through when it counted, GU is not at the top tier level but has been right there consistently for several years. The MVP in my opinion is Carroll and he is great example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish. I read earlier that he may have another year of eligibility and if true it would be great if he can come back.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:59 pm Hoyas had a great season.

Seeded playoff team.

Well said. Given the uncertainty at the beginning of the year this season was well above expectations. Credit to the hard work and dedication of the players and the staff. Congrats to the seniors and grad students for an amazing run. Lots to look forward to. Go Hoyas!
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Time for a Georgetown 2025 thread!
HGK

Post by HGK »

A week earlier than we wanted but agree. 2025 thread
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Nice to see Bundy Jr. on the 1st Team AA after getting completely snubbed by IL.

Also, surprising (but well-deserved) Hess on 1st Team at SSDM.

Vardaro at 3rd team.

Carroll well-deserved at HM -- adding a punctuation mark to his great story.

Banks and Moore at HM bodes well for the future.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Tremendous achievement for these young men. Two freshman and hopefully a grad year student in Carroll back for 2025. All players from every school fully deserving without question. In my mind though, Will Godine played at an AA level and could certainly have been in the HM list.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”