Centennial Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WashedUp06

Re: Centennial Conference 2024

Post by WashedUp06 »

Personally have always viewed the CC as the Southern equivalent of the NESCAC given the quality of schools and consistent national recognition for lacrosse...however, the lack of deep playoff runs does hurt and the fact that there were more teams capable of pushing the top tier programs back in the 2010s vs now.

I do think the Covid deal with 6 years plays an impact and the conference does have a wealth of young talent...but my sentiment remains that CC teams have been over ranked the past few years.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

WashedUp06 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:31 am Personally have always viewed the CC as the Southern equivalent of the NESCAC given the quality of schools and consistent national recognition for lacrosse...however, the lack of deep playoff runs does hurt and the fact that there were more teams capable of pushing the top tier programs back in the 2010s vs now.

I do think the Covid deal with 6 years plays an impact and the conference does have a wealth of young talent...but my sentiment remains that CC teams have been over ranked the past few years.
Talent overall is being spread out among many more schools. Creates more parity from the teams ranked 5-30. Top ones will continue staying at the top, until a few can crack into that group and swing the direction of a few recruits.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I think the Centennial will be just fine. WAC and Swarthmore are on a significant upswing Dickinson has been more than solid for the past several years. Gettysburg although I think we can all agree really underperformed at times this season, they also beat:
Stevenson an AQ
Denison an AQ
Lynchburg an AQ
York
Swarthmore
The real head scratcher in the Centennial is F&M, I have no idea what's going on in Lancaster.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Laxdds wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:05 am I think the Centennial will be just fine. WAC and Swarthmore are on a significant upswing Dickinson has been more than solid for the past several years. Gettysburg although I think we can all agree really underperformed at times this season, they also beat:
Stevenson an AQ
Denison an AQ
Lynchburg an AQ
York
Swarthmore
The real head scratcher in the Centennial is F&M, I have no idea what's going on in Lancaster.
Yeah, really gotta wonder what is going on there. Heard nothing but positive things about Cavallaro as a coach, it is a great school and lax alums I know from there all have very good jobs and are successful. Really thought 2017-2019 they were on track to become a regular top ten team. Guys like Keating, Mollihan, Sean Rogers were easily D1 players and lit it up, one of the best teams in transition when we would play them. I am sure things will get right up there as they have class facilities and seem to have a lot of support from the school/alumni.
JJBoys

Post by JJBoys »

Muhlenberg has gotten to be a consistent playoff team and with a loaded returning young roster they will be a team that will contend for CC title for sure.
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 am Yeah, really gotta wonder what is going on there. Heard nothing but positive things about Cavallaro as a coach, it is a great school and lax alums I know from there all have very good jobs and are successful. Really thought 2017-2019 they were on track to become a regular top ten team. Guys like Keating, Mollihan, Sean Rogers were easily D1 players and lit it up, one of the best teams in transition when we would play them. I am sure things will get right up there as they have class facilities and seem to have a lot of support from the school/alumni.
They graduated a lot, and then two of their top returners from last year's team transferred out. Why is anyone's guess, but losing a combined 100+ points from their top two freshmen is a killer.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I think a lot of these CC schools are tough sells. Great educations, no doubt. Many of the CC schools are located in relatively dull PA towns. No NCs since 1998. It's not like the NESCAC where, yeah, you're gonna have to work incredibly hard for the conference championship, but if you survive the grind, they send teams to the 'ship. IDK. Let's take F&M, I'm on a recruiting visit. Lax wise, what's the pitch? Seriously. Pitch me.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:57 pm I think a lot of these CC schools are tough sells. Great educations, no doubt. Many of the CC schools are located in relatively dull PA towns. No NCs since 1998. It's not like the NESCAC where, yeah, you're gonna have to work incredibly hard for the conference championship, but if you survive the grind, they send teams to the 'ship. IDK. Let's take F&M, I'm on a recruiting visit. Lax wise, what's the pitch? Seriously. Pitch me.
Some of the best facilities in all of D3. Top 40 Liberal Arts College. Not in the frozen tundra of New England. Strong alumni network, job prospects post grad. closer to home (DMV prospects). Nationally recognized brand (for liberal arts schools). More females than males in the student body.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

WashedUp06 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:57 pm I think a lot of these CC schools are tough sells. Great educations, no doubt. Many of the CC schools are located in relatively dull PA towns. No NCs since 1998. It's not like the NESCAC where, yeah, you're gonna have to work incredibly hard for the conference championship, but if you survive the grind, they send teams to the 'ship. IDK. Let's take F&M, I'm on a recruiting visit. Lax wise, what's the pitch? Seriously. Pitch me.
Some of the best facilities in all of D3. Top 40 Liberal Arts College. Not in the frozen tundra of New England. Strong alumni network, job prospects post grad. closer to home (DMV prospects). Nationally recognized brand (for liberal arts schools). More females than males in the student body.
Aight, I like it. Lead with the headline next time!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”