Farfromgeneva

Re: ivy league 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:13 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:16 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:28 pm Same as it ever was. Cupcake League. yawn
Haha we’ve found the ball-gargler!
Fun fact - did you know your dusty Ivy league rep got manhandled by UMD twice and Duke, the only real teams they played all year? I guess you can brag about how you beat a dusty old historically crappy UNC team. BYE BYE.
Mmmm gargle gargle. Byeeeee
It's who's....nuts are on my chin...i count 123...
Another classic, my childhood was a whirlwind of “deez nuts” and “your mom” omnipresent for many years.

I was just showing my son before bed the slave auction one.

“I am docile. You should’ve seen me when the man with the boat asked me to get on…”
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 pm
laxfan1313 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 am
Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:28 pm Same as it ever was. Cupcake League. yawn
Haha we’ve found the ball-gargler!
Fun fact - did you know your dusty Ivy league rep got manhandled by UMD twice and Duke, the only real teams they played all year? I guess you can brag about how you beat a dusty old historically crappy UNC team. BYE BYE.
To all the trolls including the troll Hooz123 who are gloating against the Ivy League with Princeton's exit yesterday, I note that 4 Ivy League teams were in the top 14 RPI. If the tourney were chosen based upon the best teams with no AQs given, those Ivy teams would have been in. Then there's the long list of Ivy players populating tourney teams because Ivy rules precluded them from playing another year at an Ivy school. So the Ivy League is alive & well and once the transfer portal no longer has a lot of Ivy players on it, the other teams will no longer gain a benefit from the Ivy League's strict rules. So crawl back under your bridge.
Wrong song! We’re talking big state schools so they aren’t going back under the bridge, they’d go back to breaking the girl. (Let’s see who gets this)

Except PSU folks who right now have gone back to giving it away.
Red hot today...and spicy. :)

I'll see you and raise.

They don’t call me young spicy for nothing

https://youtu.be/O0u-YyTzZUI?si=dclueBUcPtzcfhKa

I was more of a murder tonight in the trailer park guy. But this thread. ain’t about the potential for S.E.C. schools or Florida state adding lacrosse so it didn’t work where’s
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Hoxwurth

Post by Hoxwurth »

What's interesting to me about the 2022/24 Ivy debate is that there was a ton of righteous focus on the RPI in 2022 and not this year. The RPI was as flawed then as today. In any case, did the Ivies deserve all those teams in 2022? Absolutely not and the committee's circular reasoning showed as much. Did the Ivies "deserve" two teams in 2024? By my eye, absolutely, but Michigan stole a bid.

Going forward, the Ivies are at a permanent disadvantage with a one-way portal. Sure, they can let guys stretch out their undergrad careers past four years (e.g., Brandau started playing before Cormier), but grad restriction reduces the recruiting pool.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Gianforcaro to UNC per UNC thread.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

So, the Ivies are the developmental league for the ACC? 😀
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am So, the Ivies are the developmental league for the ACC? 😀
For every ₽&¢%ing body!😂
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Hoxwurth wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am What's interesting to me about the 2022/24 Ivy debate is that there was a ton of righteous focus on the RPI in 2022 and not this year. The RPI was as flawed then as today. In any case, did the Ivies deserve all those teams in 2022? Absolutely not and the committee's circular reasoning showed as much. Did the Ivies "deserve" two teams in 2024? By my eye, absolutely, but Michigan stole a bid.

Going forward, the Ivies are at a permanent disadvantage with a one-way portal. Sure, they can let guys stretch out their undergrad careers past four years (e.g., Brandau started playing before Cormier), but grad restriction reduces the recruiting pool.
How is that? After 2025, every player gets 4 years of eligibility, again, just as it was pre-Covid before 2021. Graduate students are not eligible to play anywhere unless they somehow have not played for 4 years before graduate school, such as losing a season to injury. And players with remaining eligibility can transfer to Ivies as well as to any other school. I don't see any advantage or disadvantage after this last 2025 round of Ivies playing a 5th year.
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Chousnake wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:05 am
Hoxwurth wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am What's interesting to me about the 2022/24 Ivy debate is that there was a ton of righteous focus on the RPI in 2022 and not this year. The RPI was as flawed then as today. In any case, did the Ivies deserve all those teams in 2022? Absolutely not and the committee's circular reasoning showed as much. Did the Ivies "deserve" two teams in 2024? By my eye, absolutely, but Michigan stole a bid.

How is that? After 2025, every player gets 4 years of eligibility, again, just as it was pre-Covid before 2021. Graduate students are not eligible to play anywhere unless they somehow have not played for 4 years before graduate school, such as losing a season to injury. And players with remaining eligibility can transfer to Ivies as well as to any other school. I don't see any advantage or disadvantage after this last 2025 round of Ivies playing a 5th year.
I've been told Ivy coaches won't take in a transfer after the player has completed their sophomore year. My understanding is it's for academic purposes. You can either believe that or not but if you look at the limited history of the transfer portal there's plenty of history backing that up.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

BrownDad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:14 am

I've been told Ivy coaches won't take in a transfer after the player has completed their sophomore year. My understanding is it's for academic purposes. You can either believe that or not but if you look at the limited history of the transfer portal there's plenty of history backing that up.
My experience with Cornell is that this is just not true. Ben Abladian transferred to Cornell after his sophomore season at Bryant and played the past two seasons. Connor English transferred to Cornell from UVA about ten years ago after his sophomore season. Cornell University as a whole takes a number of transfer students starting with their junior year. Things may be different at HYP, but I'm not sure this is true for the other 5 schools.

I also just do not see anywhere near the level of transfers in general going forward. And I'm not sure players playing musical chairs by going from one D1 school to another is going to work to the advantage of any particular D1 school vs another. Certainly, the admission standards at the Ivies may make it harder to transfer in. But I don't see 2026 being anything like the past 2-3 seasons.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

It may vary by school. I believe Cornell, Brown and maybe Penn have taken in kids after their sophomore seasons. Brown may limit it to freshmen? Did TD also play two seasons at Albany?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am

It may vary by school. I believe Cornell, Brown and maybe Penn have taken in kids after their sophomore seasons. Brown may limit it to freshmen? Did TD also play two seasons at Albany?
Yup. Two seasons with Albany, two with Yale, one with Denver. The Denver season doesn't happen any more after 2024.
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Chousnake wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 am

Yup. Two seasons with Albany, two with Yale, one with Denver. The Denver season doesn't happen any more after 2024.
So 2 rising juniors since the Transfer Portal started in 2018. While it might not be a written policy it doesn't seem like something the Ivy coaches are too willing to do.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

BrownDad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:06 pm
Chousnake wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 am

So 2 rising juniors since the Transfer Portal started in 2018. While it might not be a written policy it doesn't seem like something the Ivy coaches are too willing to do.
I’m not 100% sure, but I also thought that transfers would have issues with financial aid. Can anyone confirm this?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

From my memory / In recent memory

TD - Albany to Yale (Junior)
Pat Burkinshaw - UVA to UPenn (Soph)
Chase Yager - Amherst to Harvard (Soph)
Ben Abladian - Bryant to Cornell (Soph)
Matteo Corsi - Cuse to Brown (Soph)
Aidan McLane- Fairfield to Brown (Soph)
Connell Kumar - UVA to UPenn (Junior)
Typical Lax Dad

GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 pm From my memory / In recent memory

I remember Ryan Matthews leaving Hopkins for Cornell as a Junior. I know his uncle.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 pm From my memory / In recent memory

I remember Ryan Matthews leaving Hopkins for Cornell as a Junior. I know his uncle.
Looks like he played 3 years at Cornell. But another name to the list
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 pm

connor english came into cornell as a junior. the portal for lacrosse has changed the mechanisms for transferring, but largely hasn't changed the rules limitations other than intra-conference movement, which prior had been often denied without a sit out.
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Corsi and McLane were Freshmen when they transferred to Brown as was Burkinshaw when he transferred to Penn. Yager redshirted his soph year at Amherst, and sat out 2021, so he had 3 years of eligibility. Kumar redshirted his Freshman year so again he had 3 years left. Ryan Matthews was pre-portal.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

BrownDad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:35 pm

Corsi and McLane were Freshmen when they transferred to Brown as was Burkinshaw when he transferred to Penn. Yager redshirted his soph year at Amherst, and sat out 2021, so he had 3 years of eligibility. Kumar redshirted his Freshman year so again he had 3 years left. Ryan Matthews was pre-portal.
I put (Soph) or (Junior) as in what year they were during their first season at an Ivy.

Also made this list more for the Ivy transfers in general vs only portal transfers
Typical Lax Dad

Possibly a red shirt at hopkins.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”