OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am Like I was sayin...Frauds from Nap City.
Where dat Dreamsleeper at?

OuttaNowhereWregget

I always appreciate the teams (except Towson, of course) who wear their typical road colors rather than the alternate black uniforms. They're all so ugly. Whose idea was it to make black an alternate uniform color, anyway?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Just get through the week

I had a thought yesterday to go after a poster who went after another poster all high and mighty and scolding. Had the draft all ready to go and just needed to click Submit. Then I had this thought, "Do I want to go through everything that comes with doing this?" I get enough flack for just posting my own opinions let alone going after someone else's. Nah. Another day maybe. For now--I'm feeling like "Just get through the week" as the boys agree on here:

OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm Michigan put the cherry on top of their record-setting season Sunday in Notre Dame. They will look gassed and outclassed by Boston College by the end of the day. BC by 5-ish.
OuttaNowhereWregget

An actual promise

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm I think the whole long ride is coming to an end anyway. I don't feel the same inspiration for writing about the sport as I once did. My muse is withdrawing little by little. It's not the first time it's happened with me. I used to be a huge fan of the WTA. Little by little the inspiration to write about and tweet about it waned and finally dried up. Next was women's college basketball which followed the same pattern. Along with those sports, NBA, MLB, NHL and finally the NFL after the demise of Bill Belicheat and the New England Cheatriots. Now women's lacrosse is traveling down the same road. It feels like a relief, truth be told

I've been along for the ride with the two teams I most wanted to see win a national championship--Boston College in '21 and Northwestern in '23. I saw the decline of Maryland which has been very satisfying. I saw Sam Apuzzo, Charlotte North (twice!) and Izzy Scane win the Tewaaraton. Everything I ever really hoped to see since I started following the sport back in 2014 has come to pass. Now, I'm just trying to grind it out till the end of the season.

Sure, I hope the Wildcats win their 9th and I hope Izzy wins another Tewwy but it won't kill me if neither happens. As Madison Taylor said at the pre-game Big 10 tournament presser, "It's just a game at the end of the day." So simple and so true.

At the end of this season a whole host of my favorite players will move on into the workforce, some conferences will realign, who knows what kind of new verkakte rules will be put in place. This season has more and more had a feeling of finality to it for me since February. It won't bother me none, though. Life goes on.

So hold on a little longer, fanlax lads and lasses--shouldn't orta be too much longer now.
Reading back over what I wrote here--I didn't make me no promises, didn't sign me no releases. Key words: think and shouldn't. I orta know these words aren't binding. They are used all the time at the sales counter at work and they both mean the same thing to the customer regarding their order--a lack of assurance.

All to say--if my muse returns, I will write. Now that's a promise...
OuttaNowhereWregget

FINAL FOUR GAMEDAY, BABY!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”