Total votes: 48

AreaLax

QF #1 Notre Dame vs #8 Georgetown Saturday @ noon

Post by AreaLax »

Game 1
DocBarrister

Re: QF #1 Notre Dame vs #8 Georgetown Saturday @ noon

Post by DocBarrister »

No one has an easy quarterfinal game this season.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

I think ND wins this comfortably. Ball is hurt, that could slant the field. ND has the revenge factor going for it.
FishFood

Post by FishFood »

coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 am I think ND wins this comfortably. Ball is hurt, that could slant the field. ND has the revenge factor going for it.
Ball is not hurt. He had a bad cramp in the 2nd half.
coda

Post by coda »

FishFood wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:55 am
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 am I think ND wins this comfortably. Ball is hurt, that could slant the field. ND has the revenge factor going for it.
He missed the 4Q for cramp?
DMV_Guy

Post by DMV_Guy »

Will be betting the mortgage on Hoyas +4.5. I actually think Georgetown wins outright, but that many points is free money.
Wife and four kids. I work at the Department of Motor Vehicles so please speak slowly. Posting in between shifts from the toilet.
Hoxwurth

Post by Hoxwurth »

Georgetown got waxed by "good" Penn State and blew out "bad" Penn State. Hard to see how Georgetown keeps it close after Ball went down.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Hoxwurth wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:03 am Georgetown got waxed by "good" Penn State and blew out "bad" Penn State. Hard to see how Georgetown keeps it close after Ball went down.
Congrats. That could be the most absurd comment of the year on this forum, which is saying a lot.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Hoxwurth wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:03 am Georgetown got waxed by "good" Penn State and blew out "bad" Penn State. Hard to see how Georgetown keeps it close after Ball went down.
JFC... the mental gymnastics.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 am
He will play Saturday, you can bet on it.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Ball grabbed his right calf during scrum after face off. It could be cramping as he took every faceoff until then. Time will tell his availability and effectiveness if available. We will see…
coda

Post by coda »

rolldodge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 am
If he is less than 100% that is an issue vs Lynch. Lynch is beast on GBs. That is the issue playing ND. I am not sure that Lynch is one of the best FOGOs on the clamp, but that unit is a bunch of GB monsters. You have to win it clean or you are going to take a beating. They tend to wear FOGOs out.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:31 am
If he is less than 100% that is an issue vs Lynch. Lynch is beast on GBs. That is the issue playing ND. I am not sure that Lynch is one of the best FOGOs on the clamp, but that unit is a bunch of GB monsters. You have to win it clean or you are going to take a beating. They tend to wear FOGOs out.
Even if he does play, it's not like he won the faceoff match-up the first time around. Lynch went 15/22 against GT in February. Obviously that can change and I'm sure a fair amount of those wins came after the clamp but not sure him playing/not playing makes a huge difference unless Lynch absolutely smokes GT's second FOGO.
coda

Post by coda »

azim21 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 am
Even if he does play, it's not like he won the faceoff match-up the first time around. Lynch went 15/22 against GT in February. Obviously that can change and I'm sure a fair amount of those wins came after the clamp but not sure him playing/not playing makes a huge difference unless Lynch absolutely smokes GT's second FOGO.
I think we are going see an angry ND team. Looking for retribution for their only loss. I maybe over playing that angle, but I think motivation is on the side of ND.
HGK

Post by HGK »

coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:58 am
I think we are going see an angry ND team. Looking for retribution for their only loss. I maybe over playing that angle, but I think motivation is on the side of ND.
Not disagreeing that ND will be angry but i am guessing PSU was also pretty angry coming into yesterday's game after being eviscerated by Michigan.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

I agree 100%, it's probably gonna go one of two ways. Either the Irish come out red hot like they did in the ACC tourney with the revenge factor, or it's a slow-paced game like the first time around. The latter doesn't bode well for ND. One thing I do know for sure, Kevin Warne is a fantastic defensive coach who is going to have a great gameplan to beat the Irish. They get a lead they can sit on early, and it's upset alert time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

don't think there's any mental advantage here. if anything, g'town might come in as the most mentally prepared team in the country to not be intimidated by notre dame and their #1 status, as they've played with them and won before.

they've also just played thru a deep hole, and finished off 3 tight games. thinking bundy has to be the guy to get all of his. and the hoyas need to work on their empty net shooting!
coda

Post by coda »

azim21 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm
I agree 100%, it's probably gonna go one of two ways. Either the Irish come out red hot like they did in the ACC tourney with the revenge factor, or it's a slow-paced game like the first time around. The latter doesn't bode well for ND. One thing I do know for sure, Kevin Warne is a fantastic defensive coach who is going to have a great gameplan to beat the Irish. They get a lead they can sit on early, and it's upset alert time.
I would assume that GT will adopt that 4 corners offense vs ND. Run the clock down. You better be wide open, if you shoot prior to 20 seconds left on the shot clock. ND has talent advantage. The best way to pull the upset is to limit possessions. Worked last time, dont see a reason to change it.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

The psychology goes both ways. Sure ND may be out for. revenge, but Georgetown also knows they are capable of beating them. But it won't be easy. Georgetown is going to have to play a much cleaner game then they have in the past few outings, including vs Penn State.

Another interesting thread will be how the current Gtown offense has changed/evolved since the last game. Gtown beat ND on midfield inverts and great offball play. That aspect of Gtown's game has been less present recently particularly the second midfield. In its place we've seen the emergence of Schubert and more individual efforts by guys like Crogan and Wray. Is this the game the Gtown finally puts it all together? Its going to take that kind of effort to win.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

ND defense has made big strides since then as well. Much better in the 2 man game and Lyght emerged as a top cover guy.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”