The12lov3

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by The12lov3 »

Any thoughts on final four:

Sals
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

A Tufts - Sals rematch would be fun to see again.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Let's start with quarter finals......
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 pm Any thoughts on final four:

Sa
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

Looks like someone has forgotten about Elite 8 games. As a very long time W&L fan, let me remind you of what happened in 1975. Generals played number 2 Hopkins, at Homewood, no one gave Generals a chance, just like you seem to be doing, and by the grace of the lax gods, W&L beat Hopkins, 11-7. Not saying that is happening next weekend, I hope it does. What the Mayor of DC said!!

valaxfan
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

MarionBarry wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:36 pm Let's start with quarter finals......
I am predicting my outcome for the quarterfinals

Tufts over SJF - While I am totally impressed with SJF knocking off both Wes and SLU, I think the Hamilton loss awoken a sleeping Giant. If they keep the mistakes to a minimum, SJF tournament run will come to an end.

Salisbury over W&L - Salisbury run and gun offense will be too much for the Generals.

Bowdoin over Middlebury - the Grudge match - Bowdoin takes this one after being one of the last pool teams to get in. Will Byrne goes off

RIT - CNU - Going with RIT but think this one can come down to the wire.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Thats the even money for the semis. Sals, Bowdoin, Tufts, and RIT.

Regarding the NCAA $ allotment. They give a stipend for your travel party, which is limited between players coaches, and staff. Schools can pay and support the additional players any way the deem appropriate. The players outside the travel party can stay with the team, eat, etc. They can not be on the side line during the championship game. They are generally allowed on the sideline during the early rounds, depending on the host institution.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Elite 8 will have some excellent games!

Where are the games going to be played? I assume Salisbury will host their side of the bracket. Anyone know where the other side of the bracket will play host for elite 8 and final 4?
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Oaklax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 pm Elite 8 will have some excellent games!

Where are the games going to be played? I assume Salisbury will host their side of the bracket. Anyone know where the other side of the bracket will play host for elite 8 and final 4?
Assuming RIT since they would be the next highest seed after RPI
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

I would think that RIT would be the host site since they were the #1 sed in the lower bracket.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

valaxfan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:45 pm

Sa
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

Looks like someone has forgotten about Elite 8 games. As a very long time W&L fan, let me remind you of what happened in 1975. Generals played number 2 Hopkins, at Homewood, no one gave Generals a chance, just like you seem to be doing, and by the grace of the lax gods, W&L beat Hopkins, 11-7. Not saying that is happening next weekend, I hope it does. What the Mayor of DC said!!

valaxfan
Talking to my 90-year-old dad—longtime W&L prof—about the Midd and W&L wins today, and this was the first game he referenced!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Bucket wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 pm
valaxfan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:45 pm

Sa
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

valaxfan
Talking to my 90-year-old dad—longtime W&L prof—about the Midd and W&L wins today, and this was the first game he referenced!
Awesome, I am positive we were both in LexVegas at the same time at some point. Ask him if he remembers Overnight Guests sign/home across the street from Doremus Gym. Best of health to him!!! Go Gennies!!

valaxfan
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

If the NCAA guideline for ground travel is up to 400 miles, both Tufts and SJF exceed that amount. I imagine the NC$$ will find a couple of shortcuts that will allow the use of a motorcoach
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

laxpert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:30 pm If the NCAA guideline for ground travel is up to 400 miles, both Tufts and SJF exceed that amount. I imagine the NC$$ will find a couple of shortcuts that will allow the use of a motorcoach
500, not sure if it matters.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:13 pm

I would think that RIT would be the host site since they were the #1 sed in the lower bracket.
NCAA website already acknowledges RIT will host the quarters and semis on their side of the bracket.
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Hats off to RPI good win over St Marys!

Lets talk about RPI hosting games this weekend and the NCAA accommodations. First St Marys checked into a hotel that looked like crackheads go and rents rooms by the hour. Our players found crack pipes, empty baggies and other drug paraphernalia. Thanks NCAA!!!!

RPI hosted 2 games on Saturday and didnt have concession stands open. Once you entered you had to pay again, so if you wanted water or grab a bite to eat you had to pay. Thanks for making the NCAA tourney experience and good one for fans and help grow the game

We wont even talk about the fans and lack of class or respect. The drunk guy standing on the 50 balcony area was a great representation of RPI. Screaming how his kid is so much better! Yep your kids played great and they won but you sir looked like town drunk yelling at the TV and trying to re-live your glory days. Sad that you started yelling at women and children and once a grown man stepped in funny how you shut your mouth real quick

Thank you Bowdin for kicking their teeth in - GO BOWDIN!!!!!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Troy is a dump
Frank Rizzo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:33 am Hats off to RPI good win over St Marys!

Lets talk about RPI hosting games this weekend and the NCAA accommodations. First St Marys checked into a hotel that looked like crackheads go and rents rooms by the hour. Our players found crack pipes, empty baggies and other drug paraphernalia. Thanks NCAA!!!!

RPI hosted 2 games on Saturday and didnt have concession stands open. Once you entered you had to pay again, so if you wanted water or grab a bite to eat you had to pay. Thanks for making the NCAA tourney experience and good one for fans and help grow the game

We wont even talk about the fans and lack of class or respect. The drunk guy standing on the 50 balcony area was a great representation of RPI. Screaming how his kid is so much better! Yep your kids played great and they won but you sir looked like town drunk yelling at the TV and trying to re-live your glory days. Sad that you started yelling at women and children and once a grown man stepped in funny how you shut your mouth real quick

Troy is a dump. Not unexpected. The Bowdoin win was easily forecasted. As i said in an earlier post, RPI 5 one goal wins equates to the 2022 Minnesota Vikings. While i respect their program and the fact they beat RIT twice, i did not see them as the #2 or #3 team in the country. Proves the Liberty league was not as strong as many of us thought including myself. I expected a much better showing from them.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Sals
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

i don’t think it would be as close as expected. tufts is not the same team as last year. salisbury is better than last year.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

Sals
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

i don’t think it would be as close as expected. tufts is not the same team as last year. salisbury is better than last year.
You are right - they are not the same team - they are pissed off and angry and have a major chip on their shoulder now with something to prove. That could go a long way.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:49 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:13 pm

NCAA website already acknowledges RIT will host the quarters and semis on their side of the bracket.
That’s too bad
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:52 am Troy is a dump
Frank Rizzo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:33 am Hats off to RPI good win over St Marys!

Troy is a dump. Not unexpected. The Bowdoin win was easily forecasted. As i said in an earlier post, RPI 5 one goal wins equates to the 2022 Minnesota Vikings. While i respect their program and the fact they beat RIT twice, i did not see them as the #2 or #3 team in the country. Proves the Liberty league was not as strong as many of us thought including myself. I expected a much better showing from them.
Ditto RIT
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:15 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

Sals
Tufts
Bowdoin
RIT

You are right - they are not the same team - they are pissed off and angry and have a major chip on their shoulder now with something to prove. That could go a long way.
Swarthmore felt a lot like Tufts last year as Gulls just hammered Garnet for first 15 minutes. Game was over in first 15 minutes. If Gulls play like that and no one is beating them. First quarter was thing of beauty to watch vs Swarth

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”