NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
StevieUAlum

Re: NESCAC

Post by StevieUAlum »

Riding the high of winning a roller coaster of a game today. Last time these two teams met in the Tourney it was a 19-4 drubbing at Belo.

Love this old school rivalry getting renewed. Hoping for a competitive game and hoping our guardian angel can help us pull one out tomorrow. Best of luck to the Jumbos!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

JunkyardBobcat wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:41 pm
RetroChode wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm Down goes Wesleyan. A little crazy that Tufts got the biggest cream puff of 2nd round and Wes got SJF (not that I'm complaining).
Credit to SJF. Now thats out of the way, here’s some deep state forces that were working against Wes: 1) had to play second game at home. Rude from NCAA. 2) the hamas camp tried to sabotage the medicine game with their unholy prayers. 3) clearing skills were lacking because of having to get their fingers sized with lab grown diamonds. 4) SJF copied their mascot so the hockey fans were confused on how to cheer. 5) bad calls on clean hits all year brainwashed the defense. (Casey Dannolfo wants NESCAC lax to look like the NBA and pays refs to make it happen. Its not 6s Casey,this is a big boy game!)

Not making excuses, just something to think about.

This is my kind of analysis, keep it up Retro Chode.
Except 5). 5) was stupid.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

ah23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm Didn’t watch any of the game, but St. John Fisher is not very good this year - that is a huge upset. So much for what would have been a very interesting St. Lawrence-Wesleyan matchup with two completely different styles. Will have to wait until the QFs against Tufts.

Related…does this impact hosting for next weekend, or was Wesleyan like just hosting for the first weekend anyway?
Agreed. No way around it, that is an incredible choke job by Wesleyan. None of them had played in the NCAAs before and it showed, while SJF was ready. Probably the biggest upset of the season in the power ratings.

It doesn’t impact the host for next weekend. All the winners tomorrow are going to Salisbury (assuming the Gulls win).
NothingButFaxLax

Post by NothingButFaxLax »

Looks like the boys from Lesbyan weren’t well rested after sleeping in tents for the past two weeks.

Roll jumbos.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Congratulations on the win, SJF. Unfortunately, you'll be driving back to Rochester tomorrow night. Wesleyan dominated the first quarter and the second half, but a poor second quarter forced them to play catch-up. SJF Enjoy the short lived victory. Tough turnaround to get ready for outstanding St.Lawrence team. Not going to happen again tomorrow there isn’t left much left in SJF legs.

Prediction: St. Lawrence 14 - SJF 7

It's remarkable to think that after tomorrow night, only eight teams will remain. Personally, I'm not a fan of this NCAA format.
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

I agree. I miss the old format. I’m sure it cost the NCAA more money back then, but tournament was much longer. I love the midweek games and it doesn’t matter for the players because they’re done with classes. The fact that there are so many games in the first couple days to then end up with the 8 Teams who will really compete for the championship makes the other teams more of an afterthought.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

nelaxman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm It's remarkable to think that after tomorrow night, only eight teams will remain. Personally, I'm not a fan of this NCAA format.
A small part of me likes the summer tournament feel it brings, but overall…yeah, it leaves a lot to be desired. No time to enjoy a win, no time to prepare for an opponent, etc.
RetroChode

Post by RetroChode »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 pm
JunkyardBobcat wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:41 pm
RetroChode wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm Down goes Wesleyan. A little crazy that Tufts got the biggest cream puff of 2nd round and Wes got SJF (not that I'm complaining).
Credit to SJF. Now thats out of the way, here’s some deep state forces that were working against Wes: 1) had to play second game at home. Rude from NCAA. 2) the hamas camp tried to sabotage the medicine game with their unholy prayers. 3) clearing skills were lacking because of having to get their fingers sized with lab grown diamonds. 4) SJF copied their mascot so the hockey fans were confused on how to cheer. 5) bad calls on clean hits all year brainwashed the defense. (Casey Dannolfo wants NESCAC lax to look like the NBA and pays refs to make it happen. Its not 6s Casey,this is a big boy game!)

Not making excuses, just something to think about.

This is my kind of analysis, keep it up Retro Chode.
Except 5). 5) was stupid.
Im really trying, but I just cant think of any other reason why nobody slid to take away the body. Enlighten me?
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

is the Saint John Fisher vs. St Lawrence game on the "Lesbyan" NESCAC Champions Cow Field or the turf today?
How embarrassing!!! If I was a New England kid I would seriously look elsewhere than the Nescac.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Should we expose you William Smith?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Being openly homophobic to celebrate your kid’s team winning a lacrosse game is certainly a choice.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

In actual lacrosse news, ownership of the Big Game Bob nickname might have to transfer from Robert Horry to Robert Hobbs. Unreal game between the pipes for Bowdoin.
OinkWoof

Post by OinkWoof »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:45 pm In actual lacrosse news, ownership of the Big Game Bob nickname might have to transfer from Robert Horry to Robert Hobbs. Unreal game between the pipes for Bowdoin.
Yeah, he was a wall when I was watching. Very impressive game.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

The down year for the NESCAC continues as Midd, Bowdoin and Tufts coast to the Quarterfinals, all playing on the road. Yes, only 3 of the final 8 teams in D3 are NESCAC teams.

Middlebury’s horrible year season in particular just won’t end.
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

SouthieLax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:56 pm The down year for the NESCAC continues as Midd, Bowdoin and Tufts coast to the Quarterfinals, all playing on the road. Yes, only 3 of the final 8 teams in D3 are NESCAC teams.

Middlebury’s horrible year season in particular just won’t end.
Imagine what they might have accomplished this year if they had played a more challenging out of conference schedule. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

I love how the everyone though the Liberty League was so great this year. Both Bowdoin and Tufts are playing with Chips on their shoulder. I was the first one to be a critic of Bowdoin but like all the NESCAC teams, when they play their best, they can beat anyone.
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

nelaxman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm Congratulations on the win, SJF. Unfortunately, you'll be driving back to Rochester tomorrow night. Wesleyan dominated the first quarter and the second half, but a poor second quarter forced them to play catch-up. SJF Enjoy the short lived victory. Tough turnaround to get ready for outstanding St.Lawrence team. Not going to happen again tomorrow there isn’t left much left in SJF legs.

Prediction: St. Lawrence 14 - SJF 7

It's remarkable to think that after tomorrow night, only eight teams will remain. Personally, I'm not a fan of this NCAA format.
LOL.. "Its not how you start but how you finish" Didn't look like legs was a problem today genius!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

ah23 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:37 am
The Liberty League is the top conference in DIII lacrosse now, and for the foreseeable future.
The first part is obviously true; the second part isn’t worth engaging with.
Hey, when you’re wrong, you’re wrong.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm
The Liberty League is the top conference in DIII lacrosse now, and for the foreseeable future.
I thought they were the top conference at the beginning also but as the season went on and started watching games, it looked like there was a lot of overhype.Granted I was comparing to the NESCAC but what this demonstrates is how good the competition is in the NESCAC. Top to bottom NESCAC is still king.
RetroChode

Post by RetroChode »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 pm
ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm
I thought they were the top conference at the beginning also but as the season went on and started watching games, it looked like there was a lot of overhype.Granted I was comparing to the NESCAC but what this demonstrates is how good the competition is in the NESCAC. Top to bottom NESCAC is still king.
Top 3 conferences’ champs are out. Gotta show up every game. But in the world of statistics, water always finds its level. 38% of the last 8 teams remaining come from NESCAC. ‘Cac has been, is, and will continue to be King.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”