Hopkins
80%
Lehigh
20%

Total votes: 44

DebitLaxPlayable

Re: #3 Hopkins vs Lehigh Sunday @ noon

Post by DebitLaxPlayable »

Lax Mouse wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:30 pm Lots of complaining on Twitter but the horn blew a good 1-3 seconds before he took the shot in real time
I agree that it wouldn’t have 100% been a goal, the horn probably messed with the goalie as well… but they did blow it when the Lehigh player had the ball at 5x5 and a step on his defender. Should have waited the second or two for him to shoot or pull the ball out before blowing it
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DebitLaxPlayable wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:35 pm
Lax Mouse wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:30 pm Lots of complaining on Twitter but the horn blew a good 1-3 seconds before he took the shot in real time
I agree that it wouldn’t have 100% been a goal, the horn probably messed with the goalie as well… but they did blow it when the Lehigh player had the ball at 5x5 and a step on his defender. Should have waited the second or two for him to shoot or pull the ball out before blowing it
As I understand it, the spotters probably saw lightning awhile before that, but it takes awhile for the signal to make it down to field level. The people who blow the horn are different from the people watching out for weather

Unlucky for Lehigh. Probably would have been a goal, but it can't count. A horn randomly blaring isn't exactly fair to the goalie either

Jays need to come out of this with their hair on fire. Jaronski looks like the only one ready to play today
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:41 pm
As I understand it, the spotters probably saw lightning awhile before that, but it takes awhile for the signal to make it down to field level. The people who blow the horn are different from the people watching out for weather

Unlucky for Lehigh. Probably would have been a goal, but it can't count. A horn randomly blaring isn't exactly fair to the goalie either

Jays need to come out of this with their hair on fire. Jaronski looks like the only one ready to play today
BS. They knew what they were doing.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Not sure if they had a choice. Having trouble finding the NCAA policy but I'm fairly sure they have to stop play immediately when lightning is detected. It does not matter what's happening on the field.

Before the game, the first delay was called and put on the screen during the middle of the national anthem. Neither is ideal and I can't imagine they'd have done that if they had the leeway to wait a minute.
coda

Post by coda »

I am pretty sure that is mechanical thing, not human thing. It just goes off, when the sensor is activated. Just bad luck for Lehigh
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:45 pm
I am pretty sure that is mechanical thing, not human thing. It just goes off, when the sensor is activated. Just bad luck for Lehigh

lol no it's not. 100% human "error"
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Agreed.

There better be some yelling and screaming going on in the Jays’ locker room … especially from the captains.

Someone needs to pay the price for forcing me to watch LSU gymnastics.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

Hooz123 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm

That confirms it’s automated
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

You've been called a clown in the ACC threads by UVa fans as well. Maybe crawl back to the hole you came from.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 pm

Agreed.

There better be some yelling and screaming going on in the Jays’ locker room … especially from the captains.

at least they won a Natty this year
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Looking like 1/2 hour delay isn't going to cut it, so we're looking at a game 1 - 1 1/2 hour behind schedule.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Big Dog wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:51 pm

Agreed.

Something is amiss. Why is anyone blowing a horn or was this the Weather Alert System on the field? Most all schools, even Public HS's have the Thunder/Lightening detection system that sounds a horn ALL ON ITS OWN, it then has a blinking beacon indicating the time has still not expired for play to resume.

So, was it a human or the Alert System?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Big Dog wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:51 pm

Agreed.

Good point … and not through Tulip gymnastics.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Laxfan88

Post by Laxfan88 »

Will be able to switch between this soccer game and a lacrosse game between Georgetown and Penn State. Whichever is more entertaining. Where’s the offense?!?!?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Anish just said they agreed to a 5-minute halftime to make up for some of the time lost
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

They actually blew the horn once shortly after that faceoff. Dunno if it was just the guy making sure it was functional in case of expected need or if that was supposed to stop play to begin with.

There is/was definitely a guy operating it though. I've been coming to homewood for a while and dont recognize either of the two older gents that seem to be involved in that process.

Either way if Lehigh and the gallery want to bellyache about the goal counting they can have it as far as Im concerned.

Pretty sure the Jays shouldve gotten a clock reset on that one shot, it sure looked to hit the top of the crossbar and rise up from my vantage.

Lightning delays sure are miserable.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Horn was not "inadvertent" -- oh yea, that sounds like an automated system to me...you dip$hits. 100% human control. if it was automatic Q and anish would tell us.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:49 pm

Before they went to break I thought you could hear the ref talking to PM and Lehigh coach sounding exasperated saying he told them to blow the horn at a dead ball if there was lightinging
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 pm

Before they went to break I thought you could hear the ref talking to PM and Lehigh coach sounding exasperated saying he told them to blow the horn at a dead ball if there was lightinging
Yea, ignore these clowns. Just a bunch of Hopkins apologists sitting at home at their computer having no freaking clue how Hop weather alert system actually works, but hey, just sound confident right?
coda

Post by coda »

masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 pm

Most rec fields have an automated lightening sensing systems. I highly doubt Hopkins has 4 spotters sitting on top of the stadium looking for lightening with horns in their hands

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/baltimore/n ... h-schools/

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”