UNC 2025

D1 Womens Lacrosse
uncfan1013

UNC 2025

Post by uncfan1013 »

Looks like we need a strong offseason looking for defenders to fully compete next year. If we do get good defenders in the portal, I think the No. 1 ranking can easily be headed back to Chapel Hill this season. 1st season in quite some time UNC hasn’t been ranked #1 any part of the season.

I will post next year’s roster (not confirmed)
uncfan1013

Re: UNC 2025

Post by uncfan1013 »

Attack:
Addison Pattillo: Freshman (#14 ranked recruit: 5-star)
Tessa Calabria: Freshman (#20 ranked recruit: 5-star)
Chloe Humphrey: R-Freshman (pretty sure)
Eva Ingrilli: Sophomore
Marissa White: R-Sophomore (pretty sure)
Kiley Mottice: Junior
Caroline Godine: Junior
Ashley Humphrey: R-Senior
Reilly Casey: R-Senior (Not confirmed if she is returning for her fifth year)

Midfield:
Eliza Osborn: Freshman (#1 ranked recruit: 5-star)
Kate Levy: Freshman (#4 ranked recruit: 5-star)
Charlotte Corkins (#10 ranked recruit: 5-star)
Haley Carver: Freshman
Kaleigh Harden: R-Sophomore (pretty sure)
Grace Ann Leonard: Sophomore
Avery Roberts: Sophomore
Julia O’Connor: Sophomore
Ella Cabrera: Junior
Darcy Felter: Junior
Sophie Student: R-Senior
Amelia Sheehan: R-Senior (not confirmed if she is returning for a 5th)
Nicole Humphrey: R-5th year (UNC graduate > USC missed season > returning to UNC)

Defense:
Paige Kelly: Sophomore
Molly Longfield: Junior
Ellie Traggio: Junior
Brooklyn Walker-Welch R-Senior (not confirmed if she redshirted)
Adair Martin: Senior
Mckenna Harden: Senior
Sam Forrest: Senior

Goalies:
Lexi Zenk (16 ranked recruit- 5-star recruit) Freshman
Betty Nelson: Sophomore
Lucy Catherine Olmert: Senior
Alecia Nicholas: Senior
Stella Harrison R-Senior (not confirmed if she is returning or not
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:39 am Attack:

Midfield:
Nicole Humphrey: R-5th year (UNC graduate > USC missed season > returning to UNC)

Defense:

Goalies:
The attack & midfield are the places we are the best at. Defense needs to improve loads with at least 2 transfers. Sam Forrest & Brooklyn Walker Welch will need help. Lexi Zenk could get that starting spot from the clips I’ve seen of her, Nelson needs alittle work but can take it too. I would expect Harrison to move on knowing she barely got played this year with an okay goalie in the cage
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:39 am Attack:

Midfield:

Defense:

Goalies:
You did some homework here. I am neutral on UNC - neither supporter or hater - but you should watch the Ivies today and look at their D for potential transfers. The Covid repeats are not done from the Ivy schools. On top of 2020, they didn't play in 2021 and some girls took a gap year during school years to retain eligibility. I don't know how many of them will want to stay in college vs going out into the real world, but my guess is some will be in play (like the 2 Yale girls at Denver this year). Again, no idea what she will do, but as an example, Izzy Rohr? She is listed as Senior and if I understand Ivy rules right, would not be eligibly to play at Penn next year. She started college in 2020, did not play in 2021 or 2022 and was named on that Inside Lacrosse All American list for this year. She would have 2 years of eligibility still. My guess is there will be some impact Ivy Covid women in the portal. (I am not a fan of covid clingers as I written in the past, but would not be shocked to see UNC / BC / Northwestern / etc gobble up every portal player they can again)
laxguy95

Post by laxguy95 »

Going to need at least 2-3 defenders from the portal if possible. Not worried about offense
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxguy95 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:50 pm Going to need at least 2-3 defenders from the portal if possible. Not worried about offense

Wait a minute...isn't this the great UNC Tar-Heels? Why are you going to the Portal for players? Don't you get, year-in and year-out, some of the top HS talent in the country? So, why would you need the portal? Seems odd at best.
laxguy95

Post by laxguy95 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm
laxguy95 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:50 pm Going to need at least 2-3 defenders from the portal if possible. Not worried about offense

Wait a minute...isn't this the great UNC Tar-Heels? Why are you going to the Portal for players? Don't you get, year-in and year-out, some of the top HS talent in the country? So, why would you need the portal? Seems odd at best.
That's what the portal is for, getting a player who has game experience and can fill out a hole in a starting lineup from day 1. Why would using the portal be beneath any school?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxguy95 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:28 pm

That's what the portal is for, getting a player who has game experience and can fill out a hole in a starting lineup from day 1. Why would using the portal be beneath any school?
He was being sarcastic. Larry has a long-standing axe to grind with Levy and North Carolina. (And more power to him for it, I'll add).
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

The way some people have constantly talked about UNC’s recruiting would suggest that they are impossibly deep all over the field and would never need to use the transfer portal.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Trouble in Carolina blue paradise?

Another (trustee) Jennifer Halsey Evans, said the department faced a $17 million deficit in its current-year projections, and a cumulative deficit of $100 million in the coming years, “with no plan to address that, to mitigate that.”

“So, I don’t want anyone to think we’re talking in code,” she said. “There are real issues here, a real concern that one of our most valuable assets, and something that really generates revenue, is not being managed properly.”

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/col ... rylink=cpy
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

ultravisitor wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:30 pm

The way some people have constantly talked about UNC’s recruiting would suggest that they are impossibly deep all over the field and would never need to use the transfer portal.
I am not a fan of portal team hopping, but sadly the two (portal and recruiting) are not mutually exclusive when it comes to winning a national championship anymore. There has not been a team in this decade that hasn't relied of transfers. BC in 2021, UNC in 2022, your beloved Northwestern in 2023. This year's two current favorites - Northwestern has 2 starters from portal transfers and BC has 3 (or more I lost count?). So while I am a portal non-supporter and like the sarcasm, when it comes from Northwestern and BC fans it is hypocritical.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

forthelaxofit wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm

I am not a fan of portal team hopping, but sadly the two (portal and recruiting) are not mutually exclusive when it comes to winning a national championship anymore. There has not been a team in this decade that hasn't relied of transfers. BC in 2021, UNC in 2022, your beloved Northwestern in 2023. This year's two current favorites - Northwestern has 2 starters from portal transfers and BC has 3 (or more I lost count?). So while I am a portal non-supporter and like the sarcasm, when it comes from Northwestern and BC fans it is hypocritical.
I don't know what you're getting at with regards to hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with the portal. I never said I did.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:43 pm Trouble in Carolina blue paradise?

Another (trustee) Jennifer Halsey Evans, said the department faced a $17 million deficit in its current-year projections, and a cumulative deficit of $100 million in the coming years, “with no plan to address that, to mitigate that.”

“So, I don’t want anyone to think we’re talking in code,” she said. “There are real issues here, a real concern that one of our most valuable assets, and something that really generates revenue, is not being managed properly.”

Look for UNC to be the next school to join FSU and Clemson and sue the ACC to get out of their TV deal.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Recruiting has been top notch but just lack of recruiting good defenders. I would expect Levy to convert midfielders or attackers into defenders like she did with Paige Kelly and Emily Nalls. We also need to use the portal.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

ultravisitor wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:37 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm

I don't know what you're getting at with regards to hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with the portal. I never said I did.
I took you comment to mean follow the sarcasm thread that their recruiting is "so good" then they shouldn't need to be in the portal and was just pointing out that it is common practice now to win the National Championship now. If I misunderstood you - sorry about that. As for me, I still hate the portal reload approach as I would prefer different teams competing. I think that is better for the growth of the sport than watching the same 4-5 teams in their annual portal arms race.

Side prediction - a different thread talks about the look of Northwestern post this graduating class. Isn't KAH the coach of the US U20 team this year? Look for at least one player from that team join Northwestern from the portal. Just a hunch.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

hmmm wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:53 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:43 pm Trouble in Carolina blue paradise?

Look for UNC to be the next school to join FSU and Clemson and sue the ACC to get out of their TV deal.
I would be nervous for BC and Syracuse if the legal challenge of these schools should win and those 3 schools escape the ACC. If they leave - ACC revenue to affiliated schools will plummet. BC and Syracuse not exactly a big draw in big revenue sports men's football and basketball. If this were to happen, when the music stops they would be left out of a major conference, league folds like the old-PAC, with a huge athletic budget hit that would ripple through the school.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:51 pm

I would be nervous for BC and Syracuse if the legal challenge of these schools should win and those 3 schools escape the ACC. If they leave - ACC revenue to affiliated schools will plummet. BC and Syracuse not exactly a big draw in big revenue sports men's football and basketball. If this were to happen, when the music stops they would be left out of a major conference, league folds like the old-PAC, with a huge athletic budget hit that would ripple through the school.
Those schools are not getting out of the Grant of Rights anytime soon.

Joe
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:51 pm

Those schools are not getting out of the Grant of Rights anytime soon.

Joe
https://boardroom.tv/atlantic-coast-con ... of-rights/

These seem like tough lawsuits to win; Clemson's "legal theory" appears to be, we signed this and thought it was good for us, but now we are thinking not so much, so let us out of the deal and termination fee ($130MM) so we can join the SEC...."
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

As much as I hate the idea of super conferences in college sports, it's coming. Follow the money and football generates the money. The SEC and Big10 schools make so much money, it's not crazy that other big schools want a piece of the action. The ACC Grant of Right is solid for now, but the writing is on the wall. The conference is doing the right things holding strong to keep all the schools in the conference for now. The conference must be working behind the scenes to join or create a division as a group or part of the super conference. The strength of the ACC bargaining power is as a group right now, losing a few big boys will destroy its leverage. I have no idea what loyalties the BIG10 and SEC have to Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc that add no real money to the group. What does the ACC do with Wake Forest, NC State and Georgia Tech? Those negotiations are 10 figure broadcast rights contracts, would love to be a fly on the wall.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”