NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by Laxattackjack »

ha. his celebration is on nocontextlaxrosse.
laxrat1982

Post by laxrat1982 »

What did he do?
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

laxrat1982 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:30 pm What did he do?
He aggressively fondled his nards for a while right towards the union bench
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

6th year senior should know better. Just saw the video. Horrible look.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Nards :lol: aggressively is right! Think the Union assistant coach was not happy about that.
laxrat1982

Post by laxrat1982 »

CentennialPundit wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:35 pm
laxrat1982 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:30 pm What did he do?
He aggressively fondled his nards for a while right towards the union bench

Well can’t say it’s unexpected. Leave it to Stevenson to take a great moment and show their true character.
richard

Post by richard »

Like the war dept says. Young guys are like dogs or in this case like monkeys. That is some strange celebrating. :lol:
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:36 am
Laxguy3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 am
nevadajoe wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 am
BallHunt wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:10 am I'm most interested in these games today:

Union vs Stevie - Union is solid and I don't know much about the Stangs

RPI vs St Marys - RPI "should" roll, but the So. MD team can score and execute a game plan.

Wes vs St John Fisher - similar to the above but maybe the Cards get a big scare.

Roanoke vs Stevens - kind of a toss up but I think the Ducks squeak by
Union +4
RPI +9
Wesleyan +4
Stevens +2
Someone clearly does not understand sports betting.
I’ll take RPI plus 9 points please
So RPI is able to assert themselves, Wesleyan not so much.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

twohandsonestick wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:19 pm Alright, F’ it. We’re going full on DIII bracketology predictions ahead of this weekend’s madness – let me know your thoughts:

- Salisbury STOMPS Saint Joes – this one isn’t even close as the Gulls are this years team to beat across the board
- Swarthmore v. Endicott is a close one but Swat pulls it out 9-7
- Lynchburg over Pfeiffer by 12 goals
- W&L v. Lake Forest 17-6
- RPI v. Saint Marys 19-9
- Bowdoin beats Grove City in a closer than anticipated game 15-11
- Dickinson beats Scranton branch by 6
- Midd beats SUNY Geneseo and sends ‘em back to the beautiful valley after a 9 point loss
- Tufts dominates IWU and wins 22-6
- RIT same thing over Hope this game could be a 40+ differential if they really wanted to
- Denison squeaks by Babson in a shootout 14-11
- Union over the “Stangs 13-7
- SLU v. Plymouth is like watching Cuse play your son’s JV HS team
- CNU v. Cabrini in what could be Cabrini’s final game ever?? This one may bring a tear to your eyes as you watch them fold right into Nova’s well-equipped M&A warchest. It’ll be a slugfest, one that all of America will be rooting for Cabrini but unfortunately see CNU taking it
- Noke v Stevens is another close one with ‘Noke winning 12-11
- Wes takes it over SJF 17-10
That Bowdoin Grove City game was indeed not closer than anticipated
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Anyone know what happened to Wes. That was a big upset. They had been playing some great lax of late.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:37 pm Anyone know what happened to Wes. That was a big upset. They had been playing some great lax of late.
just confirms that past salisbury, the next 25 can win any weekend.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Thoughts on Swat-Endicott:

Final score was right around where I expected it to be, and the Garnet continued their strong second-half adjustments. Endicott was really impressive on face-offs, particularly wing play and ground ball battles. That took a relatively small advantage on the draws themselves and turned it into a huge positive for the Gulls. They also had a fantastic scout that Swat likes to sub and have slow, methodical clears, which allowed them to get into a deadly 10-man without much risk. It certainly felt like far more than 7 failed clears for the Garnet, and they were only able to steal a half-court goal in garbage time.

On the other hand, they really struggled to win dodges and force the Garnet to rotate consistently, resulting in a very high volume of relatively poor quality shots. Not a winning combination against a good goalkeeper like Tyson. Swat was very quick to collapse when they did get the ball to dangerous spots of the field, and were often able to deny the shot entirely. I also have a lot of questions about running a zone-like look with a SSDM at X for most of the game. Swat runs a lot of two-man game behind GLE precisely to create SSDM match-ups at X for Almgren or either Mabbs, all of whom will consistently beat a short stick and are adept feeders against the slide. Swat was able to create a lot of very good looks, and their shooting was excellent tonight, converting 30% overall (compared to 17% for the Gulls).

Overall a very fun game to watch. Disciplined, skilled teams (though not without some moments on both sides where the nerves showed through!) going at it and playing with a ton of passion.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 pm Is bowdoin the best team in the country? Any division?
Yes, if the country is Iceland.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

SixBySix wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:39 pm Thoughts on Swat-Endicott:

Final score was right around where I expected it to be, and the Garnet continued their strong second-half adjustments. Endicott was really impressive on face-offs, particularly wing play and ground ball battles. That took a relatively small advantage on the draws themselves and turned it into a huge positive for the Gulls. They also had a fantastic scout that Swat likes to sub and have slow, methodical clears, which allowed them to get into a deadly 10-man without much risk. It certainly felt like far more than 7 failed clears for the Garnet, and they were only able to steal a half-court goal in garbage time.

On the other hand, they really struggled to win dodges and force the Garnet to rotate consistently, resulting in a very high volume of relatively poor quality shots. Not a winning combination against a good goalkeeper like Tyson. Swat was very quick to collapse when they did get the ball to dangerous spots of the field, and were often able to deny the shot entirely. I also have a lot of questions about running a zone-like look with a SSDM at X for most of the game. Swat runs a lot of two-man game behind GLE precisely to create SSDM match-ups at X for Almgren or either Mabbs, all of whom will consistently beat a short stick and are adept feeders against the slide. Swat was able to create a lot of very good looks, and their shooting was excellent tonight, converting 30% overall (compared to 17% for the Gulls).

Overall a very fun game to watch. Disciplined, skilled teams (though not without some moments on both sides where the nerves showed through!) going at it and playing with a ton of passion.
Appreciate the excellent analysis.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Any predictions who makes it to next weekend? Here are mine. I think RPI gets upset by Bowdoin. Bowdoin has something to prove and tomorrow is their chance but it will be a close game.

1. SU
2. Lynchburg
3. Tufts
4. SLU
5. Bowdoin
6. Middlebury
7. RIT
8. CNU

Thoughts?
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:07 pm Tufts is going to waste all of its goals in one game!

Need to save some of those bad boys
Good advice!!! Only blew 5 in 2nd half after launching 22 in first!!! Great strategy by Coach Air J’s right?!! I mean, that’s good saving by your estimation, right?!! Lol
Laxguy92

Post by Laxguy92 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 pm Any predictions who makes it to next weekend? Here are mine. I think RPI gets upset by Bowdoin. Bowdoin has something to prove and tomorrow is their chance but it will be a close game.

1. SU
2. Lynchburg
3. Tufts
4. SLU
5. Bowdoin
6. Middlebury
7. RIT
8. CNU

Thoughts?
Agree on all except I have RPI taking the win and beating the winner of Dickinson/Middlebury, which might be my favorite game on the slate for tomorrow.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Wow. So many good games tomorrow. https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-men/d3/2024
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:17 pm Wow. So many good games tomorrow. https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-men/d3/2024
Tru fact Matt!!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

RIT goalie took a late shot in the upper right shoulder and was in great pain. Believe he was driven to the locker room immediately after handshakes. Could be something to watch...
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”